Topic: Welcome STEVELINGS!

This game has no one that cares about DDOS...you are safe here.....

Welcome!

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Re: Welcome STEVELINGS!

???

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-08-23 04:30:01)

now that ive sobered up a bit I think gremrod may have over exaggerated a bit.

still I welcome the eve player sick of the ddos campaign that totatlly isn't zooms fault!

(apparently eve is getting hit by a ddos and people are just tossing $30 to play its only other slight counterpart with better combat)

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

probably sould delete this for legal reasons. I was sober gremrod was drunk..i swear

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

General Chat over 25?

Ville wrote:

General Chat over 25?

low enough to ninja stations?

don't worry player ville, single tile terraforming brings all the girls to the yard.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

several beverages later I have to theorize that why don't these border of the line eve junkie's just didtch the static combat of eve and hop into an eve type game where skill has an actual footing?

My disgust in humanities peasants leads me to belive that graphics are the issue.

Zoom can we get on graphics?  Hasent enough sand been removed from the sandbox? (Hungarian god believe weve lost enough...) wait did I just pray to ghengis khan?

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

You need less drugs.

Stranger Danger wrote:
Ville wrote:

General Chat over 25?

It's a nice dream, but right now there's no incentive to ninja anything. sad

Burial wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:
Ville wrote:

General Chat over 25?

It's a nice dream, but right now there's no incentive to ninja anything. sad

welcome to last year! smile 

deja vu any one ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Used to be tokens, now there's nothing.

Burial wrote:

It's a good thing Jita got that token nerf implemented. Game almost imploded.

Sparking to other games

You would prefer a broken mechanic to be in game so you can abuse it I guess?

Burial wrote:

Oh there's something...

Tbh a majority of cons aren't playing anymore hmm I have to outright beg to get enough people around to PvP and we hardly break 6 actual players at peak hours. Used to easily break 20-30 real players on a daily basis before everyone realized development was only happening for late game content and there is absolutely 0 early-mid game content atm and it isn't being worked on either. PvP is great here but that isn't a 24/7 activity that will retain players long term sad

in defense of a bunch of us Tz players 18-24 (including me) college fall semester has just started and most are gonna be getting that under control for most of what is left of august getting that undercontrol

Stranger Danger wrote:

still I welcome the eve player sick of the ddos campaign that totatlly isn't zooms fault!

(apparently eve is getting hit by a ddos and people are just tossing $30 to play its only other slight counterpart with better combat)

Well thats just personal opinion, combat in EVE has more in the way of actual calculations than perpetuum does and there ar emore tactics involved than hiding behind a ridge spamming missiles tongue

Cypherous Real wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Well thats just personal opinion, combat in EVE has more in the way of actual calculations than perpetuum does and there ar emore tactics involved than hiding behind a ridge spamming missiles tongue

You haven't actually pvped in perpetuum or eve have you? PvP in eve was EZ mode for fleets and even flying solo was easy if you had enough Intel to avoid gate camps. Perpetuum has as many facets and more than eve, just not the player base due to *** developement.

Gwyndor wrote:
Cypherous Real wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

You haven't actually pvped in perpetuum or eve have you? PvP in eve was EZ mode for fleets and even flying solo was easy if you had enough Intel to avoid gate camps. Perpetuum has as many facets and more than eve, just not the player base due to *** developement.

I've played EVE since 2004 i am well aware of how PvP has and currently works, intel doesn't always mean you're getting through without risk it depends on many factors like bubble placement and if the bubbles are spiked or not but thats besides the point, PvP in perpetuum doesn't exactly look like its going to be overly complicated in comparison, especially considering this is a 2d plane compared to a 3d one and from what i can tell you don't have anywhere near the tools you have in EVE like black ops/titan bridges or hot dropping capitals or HIC's or MJD's etc, by all means think perpetuum PvP is deeper smile

Keep thinking like that, you'll get as far as all the other evelings. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Cypherous Real wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:
Cypherous Real wrote:

I've played EVE since 2004 i am well aware of how PvP has and currently works, intel doesn't always mean you're getting through without risk it depends on many factors like bubble placement and if the bubbles are spiked or not but thats besides the point, PvP in perpetuum doesn't exactly look like its going to be overly complicated in comparison, especially considering this is a 2d plane compared to a 3d one and from what i can tell you don't have anywhere near the tools you have in EVE like black ops/titan bridges or hot dropping capitals or HIC's or MJD's etc, by all means think perpetuum PvP is deeper smile

I have extensive experience with Razor alliance in Eve, in everything but caps (which I have very little interest in, other then titan bridges) and I really think you're wrong on this. Like the old business saying, location, location, location; except in Perp it's position, position, position. It matters much much more here than in Eve. Line of sight adds so much more flavor than "Is it in range? fire!" There are destructible plants to hide behind, there are hills and little dips in the ground to position yourself behind to avoid enemy fire. The only thing lacking here (IMO) is true stealth mechanics. Oh, and you know those pesky explosions that happen when your robot/ship blows up? Well, here if you're not careful you'll take out your buddy if you die to close to him, and he might take out someone else if he's to close to them.

But really, it all boils down to WASD control of your robot. Maybe if CCP gets off their *** and releases Valkyrie then you might have a point, but as it is now I'd take perp combat over eve combat any day of the week.

Syndic wrote:

Keep thinking like that, you'll get as far as all the other evelings. smile

Well fact is fact like it or not this is pretty much just a 3rd person shooter claiming to be an MMO, if the game were as deep as you claim do you really think you would be struggling to hit 700 users during peak hours tongue

Its not a third person shooter at all, there's no free aim. Its the same as eve really only combat requires you to be awake and not sit and watch a bullitin screen.

Imagine perpetuum combat is like small gang eve war where the participants truly do pay attention to transversal where your combat moves over a 20 system spacr mid fight.

In perpetuum if you don't pay attention you will spend a fight neutralising a wall and not an opponent. You will lose an entire fleet because you bunched up and one guy explodes on top of you. You will attempt to withdraw from a fight and lose half your fleet because the escape route is impassable for some and not others. You will suffer from locking problems because too many people in one position causes sensor degradation. You will die to bots half your size because they can control the positioning with demob and use the terrain to avoid your volley.

All these things AND wasd control AND the importance of speed make perpetuum a rich and vastly superior PvP experience to eve.

The PVE in the game is what pushes players away, it cannot maintain the 70% of a game you need that never does PvP.

Perceptor wrote:

Its not a third person shooter at all, there's no free aim. Its the same as eve really only combat requires you to be awake and not sit and watch a bullitin screen.

Imagine perpetuum combat is like small gang eve war where the participants truly do pay attention to transversal where your combat moves over a 20 system spacr mid fight.

In perpetuum if you don't pay attention you will spend a fight neutralising a wall and not an opponent. You will lose an entire fleet because you bunched up and one guy explodes on top of you. You will attempt to withdraw from a fight and lose half your fleet because the escape route is impassable for some and not others. You will suffer from locking problems because too many people in one position causes sensor degradation. You will die to bots half your size because they can control the positioning with demob and use the terrain to avoid your volley.

All these things AND wasd control AND the importance of speed make perpetuum a rich and vastly superior PvP experience to eve.

The PVE in the game is what pushes players away, it cannot maintain the 70% of a game you need that never does PvP.

^^ +1

When a scout say: "lots of enemys coming!"
in EVE  : "Warp out!, warp out!".
in PERP: "Fight!".

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Perceptor wrote:

I agree with several posts in this thread, but Jita's is the most articulate.  Perpetuum PvP is the best I've ever played and I've been gaming hardcore for nearly 30 years.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!