Re: Gamma revamp testing

Client update:

• No-build area display for the colony management interface.

• There was an update bug when renaming bases.

• Owner corporation icon is now displayed in the info panel of gates.

• Gates are now shown on the world map, and can be opened/closed from there too by doubleclicking. Currently this doesn't work when docked.

■ If a friendly attacks a building, all the turrets in the same network need to turn on him.

This almost deserves its own topic. and a bit more detail about the "rules", like:
- is the aggro on that player permanent or just like police towers until he exploded
- how does this work if someone, like a corp ceo, explodes next to one of his buildings?
- how does this work when someone with docking rights just sets a base as home, undocks, plants a plasmabomb, and docks again?
- where do i find the logs about which "friend" deserved to be killed by my base defense? (and why?)

like i said, it deserves its own topic, like Defense turret as such have not been even "touched" by me testing.
for that: -77- please charge your base reactor for testing. all those turrets without power sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well dropping a bomb flags you. I would have a look at explosion damage however.

A bomb explosion is the same as you would attack with your robot. And when someone dies (or docks/quits the game/disappears in some way) then he is cleared from the aggro list of turrets, just like in the case of NPCs.

530 (edited by Annihilator 2014-08-22 21:55:01)

DEV Zoom wrote:

A bomb explosion is the same as you would attack with your robot. And when someone dies (or docks/quits the game/disappears in some way) then he is cleared from the aggro list of turrets, just like in the case of NPCs.

but wasn't exactly THAT the flaw of the police tower system and its... inefficiency that led to the bandaid fix of magic-carebear-and-macro-alpha?

and it doesn't answer the other question, how a corp ceo could identify a spy that just placed a whole lot plasmabombs between the power network of the defense turrets and hid behind something until those turrets ran out of power (which happens fast when the network goes in reinforce mode)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Oh and forgot: the terraforming window buttons have tooltips now.

<3

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Client update:

• There was an update bug when renaming bases.

was?

534 (edited by Annihilator 2014-08-23 21:42:51)

why have the dev construction charges been removed?
is this a sign that you want to release this?

@Ville: i got a Symbiont MK2 cap stable with construction modules with all leg slots full with T4 recharger + 1 t4+ and the engineering aura emitter in my base.

Annihilator wrote:

why have the dev construction charges been removed?

I have added them back. (TMA only)

ok, that means i have to get a light bot out there sad

now, when can we start talking about balance? There seems to be a lot of missinformation and missunderstanding flying around, like:
a base beeing able to build equipment with a higher efficieny then alpha2 does not even come close to its Bandwidth limit. (without booster you get 100 factory points at T1 base)

a true fact, is that it needs way to many buildings just to get there (4 facilities need to be built - refining, reverse, factory and prototyping), when the terminal alone should give you at least access to low-level refining and production.

another fact is, that T1 stuff needs way to much investment and cargo-space. This is because of the less obvious volume and cost of construction blocks that you need to actually build the already very expensive and large "building foundation" into a full structure.
I would suggest you DEVs trying to build a base without the cheat ammo that is 100 times more effective then the one players have to haul around.

the energy well system needs a bit more testing with bigger bases. i can imagine that it will be a very anoying mechanic after a few weeks when you have to move multiples of those towers around just to keep your base alive.
not to forget all those command nodes when the closest energy well is 10km away from your base, and the terraforming.
last but not least, why are mining towers and energy wells two different buildings at all? ever heard of the KISS principle ??

over and out, good night.

Annihilator wrote:

ok, that means i have to get a light bot out there sad

now, when can we start talking about balance? There seems to be a lot of missinformation and missunderstanding flying around, like:
a base beeing able to build equipment with a higher efficieny then alpha2 does not even come close to its Bandwidth limit. (without booster you get 100 factory points at T1 base)

a true fact, is that it needs way to many buildings just to get there (4 facilities need to be built - refining, reverse, factory and prototyping), when the terminal alone should give you at least access to low-level refining and production.

another fact is, that T1 stuff needs way to much investment and cargo-space. This is because of the less obvious volume and cost of construction blocks that you need to actually build the already very expensive and large "building foundation" into a full structure.
I would suggest you DEVs trying to build a base without the cheat ammo that is 100 times more effective then the one players have to haul around.

the energy well system needs a bit more testing with bigger bases. i can imagine that it will be a very anoying mechanic after a few weeks when you have to move multiples of those towers around just to keep your base alive.
not to forget all those command nodes when the closest energy well is 10km away from your base, and the terraforming.
last but not least, why are mining towers and energy wells two different buildings at all? ever heard of the KISS principle ??

over and out, good night.

yes, yes and YES.

mainly the T1 weighing so much.  I think a sequer mk2 should atleaat be able to haul a mining well.

End game mechanics in an assault bot. The only change that maybe needs doing is making a t1 base fit in a mk1 Lithus and a t3 only in a scarab.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

539 (edited by Annihilator 2014-08-25 01:01:33)

Jita wrote:

End game mechanics in an assault bot. The only change that maybe needs doing is making a t1 base fit in a mk1 Lithus and a t3 only in a scarab.

totally agree, since for me a "Base" consists of at least:

1. Terminal (250U+500 blocks)

2. Reactor (150U+300 blocks)

3. Refinery (125U+250 Blocks)

4. Factory (125U+250 Blocks)

5. Reverse Engineering (125U+250 Blocks)

6. Prototyping (125U+250 Blocks)

7. Command Relay (20U+10 Blocks)

8. Energy Well (150U+20 Blocks)

9. 1 Energy transmitter node (25U+10 Blocks)

Construction blocks are 0.1U, (syntec 0.5)
so blocks alone for that base is: 184U ( syntec 920U)
Foundations are 1095 U
I woul really love to reduce those 1279U down to the 250 U cargo capacity of a Lithus wink
(poor new player that need to buy syntec blocks)

Jumpstarting the reactor needs either 12 Energy cells a 10U or 87.5k Cyoperine a 0.001U, thats another Sequer MK2

given all those numbers, to just Start a self-sufficent base on Gamma, you will need two scarabs full with foundations and blocks, several* riveler/symbiont with construction modules and a buff bot, and well, a few combat agents to clear roaming NPCs and plants away.

*) severeal because a single cap-stable indu Hmech would need 30minutes alone for the terminal.

edit: a basic T1 base is far from "Endgame"

How about letting us decon freshly put down buildings that we miss placed in the first part.

Did you lower the block count in everything?  I see 40/20 and *** like that.

Ville wrote:

same reason plasma-bomb damage bleeds through reinforce mode. You are using DEVcon charges which always overshoot the maximum necessary for smaller buildings.

Ville wrote:

How about letting us decon freshly put down buildings that we miss placed in the first part.

Question, since you seem to be the only one in your conglomerate caring about it -

wouldn't you think it would be better if building foundation would only be availiable for Terminals and everything else just needs placing down on the colony manager? making the "construction cost" only based on "Blocks".

i mean, seriously, is there any chance for a "foundation market" when CT creation and mass production of them on alpha or beta is much more expensive then on gamma where you have access to a CT-Lab and don't know how many extra factory points?

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

same reason plasma-bomb damage bleeds through reinforce mode. You are using DEVcon charges which always overshoot the maximum necessary for smaller buildings.

I didn't build them dev blocks.  It seems the blocks to build them were lowered.

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

Question, since you seem to be the only one in your conglomerate caring about it -

wouldn't you think it would be better if building foundation would only be availiable for Terminals and everything else just needs placing down on the colony manager? making the "construction cost" only based on "Blocks".

i mean, seriously, is there any chance for a "foundation market" when CT creation and mass production of them on alpha or beta is much more expensive then on gamma where you have access to a CT-Lab and don't know how many extra factory points?

There's others testing, they are just testing other elements.

And I like the foundations tbg.

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:

totally agree, since for me a "Base" consists of at least:

1. Terminal (250U+500 blocks)

2. Reactor (150U+300 blocks)

3. Refinery (125U+250 Blocks)

4. Factory (125U+250 Blocks)

5. Reverse Engineering (125U+250 Blocks)

6. Prototyping (125U+250 Blocks)

7. Command Relay (20U+10 Blocks)

8. Energy Well (150U+20 Blocks)

9. 1 Energy transmitter node (25U+10 Blocks)

Construction blocks are 0.1U, (syntec 0.5)
so blocks alone for that base is: 184U ( syntec 920U)
Foundations are 1095 U
I woul really love to reduce those 1279U down to the 250 U cargo capacity of a Lithus wink
(poor new player that need to buy syntec blocks)

Jumpstarting the reactor needs either 12 Energy cells a 10U or 87.5k Cyoperine a 0.001U, thats another Sequer MK2

given all those numbers, to just Start a self-sufficent base on Gamma, you will need two scarabs full with foundations and blocks, several* riveler/symbiont with construction modules and a buff bot, and well, a few combat agents to clear roaming NPCs and plants away.

*) severeal because a single cap-stable indu Hmech would need 30minutes alone for the terminal.

edit: a basic T1 base is far from "Endgame"

I think your confused - i think the exact opposite to this. Just the base itself should fit in a lithus I mean.

I see base building as something that should require 20 accounts 6 - 8 hours before your base even comes online. To get to a reasonable level of defence should take days not hours. Endgame balance seems to be geared around corps of 5 when a lot of people have more accounts than that.

Think of this - based on the old mechanics I built two bases solo. The new mechanics will be half the work. This is a problem because the same issues exist on beta as on gamma. Its absolutely in someone's interests and possible in the mechanics to put 3 helldeath bases on every gamma in the game meaning its going to be impossible to get on gamma without winning a set piece pre planned fight vs whoever is the biggest entity in the game + their base defences.

I thought Gamma was meant to be corporation-scale content, not something homeboy derp with 2 other derps does overnight

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I thought Gamma was meant to be corporation-scale content, not something homeboy derp with 2 other derps does overnight

Any chance you could actually explain what you mean?

It's very simple really, is Gamma being designed for large corporations or is it being designed for people like Anni to pack an entire base into a Lithus and take their 1-man corp out to Gamma?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

It's very simple really, is Gamma being designed for large corporations or is it being designed for people like Anni to pack an entire base into a Lithus and take their 1-man corp out to Gamma?

Yeah I agree. While I do think t1 bases should be slightly smaller to fit in a lithus t2 and 3 should be a lot bigger. Bases in general should be hard work to put up for fifty man corps.