Gamma Islands

Re: +1

Patience young padawan

It took us 4 years before we finally got a working autopilot

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Devs : If you care about your game and customers. I sincerely advise you to loose your pride for once and leave gamma on the back burner. Start working on what the OP says.

We all like the game to succeed , spending months and months remaking gamma won't bring you new players.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Devs : If you care about your game and customers. I sincerely advise you to loose your pride for once and leave gamma on the back burner. Start working on what the OP says.

We all like the game to succeed , spending months and months remaking gamma won't bring you new players.

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

CIR Complaint Form

We have a roadmap that has been laid out in the devblog, and we can't just fling around milestones and goals like that, that's not how development works. I understand your concern but dropping it right before it's finished would be simply a stupid move. (And I don't know what pride has anything to do with this.)

6 (edited by Syndic 2014-08-18 18:07:03)

Step 1: Open your blog new post shizzle
Step 2: Type a short paragraph or two about whats new about Gamma on the test server
Step 3: Click post
Step 4: Re-post your news to Steam
Step 5: Repeat process every 2 weeks

Congratulations, by following those 5 steps you've successfully communicated with the entire player-base of your game, and cultivated an image that you're actually doing something.

If you don't understand why/how it works or why it's so important, you should probably be able to get an intern to do that at one of your local universities.

CIR Complaint Form

7 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-18 18:04:03)

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have a roadmap that has been laid out in the devblog, and we can't just fling around milestones and goals like that, that's not how development works. I understand your concern but dropping it right before it's finished would be simply a stupid move. (And I don't know what pride has anything to do with this.)

I really have no idea what 'right before it's finished' means anymore. Sorry to say but you keep on making the same mistakes and don't admit or change direction when it's needed, so I guess it must be pride, sorry if I am mistaken.

Right now this an insane development schedule where the most important stuff are left for last and the least important is done first.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic wrote:

Step 1: Open your blog new post shizzle
Step 2: Type a short paragraph or two about whats new about Gamma on the test server
Step 3: Click post
Step 4: Re-post your news to Steam
Step 5: Repeat process every 2 weeks

Congratulations, by following those 5 steps you've successfully communicated with the entire player-base of your game, and cultivated an image that you're actually doing something.

If you don't understand why/how it works or why it's so important, you could probably be able to get an intern to do that at one of your local universities.

+ 1

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I really have no idea what right before it's finished means anymore.

QFT.

One of the major turn offs is that there's no schedule at all. No set dates when content comes.

I've said it time and again, have two set expansion times and save all content to these dates. A firm deadline will provide focus for you and give the players something to actually look forward too.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Zoom can we at least get an ETA on Gamma last i heard was Aug and with only 13 days left it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

11 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-18 19:44:09)

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

Zoom can we at least get an ETA on Gamma last i heard was Aug and with only 13 days left it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

In 13 days it's highly unlikely, and I hope they don't release gamma so soon, it needs testing heavily and that has not been done. We can theocraft all we want but that won't cut it. Gamma is overly complicated, even more so than the previous versions. It's naive to think they can get it balanced if released in 2 weeks.

RIP PERPETUUM

Has anyone actually been on the test server and tested it out giving any input besides our forum post *** on when is it gonna happen or if its worth going for

13 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-18 19:58:01)

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

Has anyone actually been on the test server and tested it out giving any input besides our forum post *** on when is it gonna happen or if its worth going for

I have played around with it but without a willing mass of players to build and blow stuff up to really test if it's too weak or to OP it's hard to tell unless we theocraft and guess.If we are talking about bugs and other stuff that has been done, but thats not the big picture though.

RIP PERPETUUM

i'd be willing to round up a group of my corp if the other bigger corps agree to pitch in

15 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-08-18 20:25:13)

Gwyndor wrote:

Some frequently requested content from the devs:

Blogs
Alpha Content
QoL
Contracts
Mission expansions

less grinding
more beta islands
detector changes
ewar changes

Some things frequently requested NOT to work on:

Gamma Islands
nonsensical NPC agro mechanics
detector changes
ewar changes

Lets make a comprehensive list smile

EDIT: I will try to be fair and put some things in both categories since the devs aren't allowed to play the game and make up their own minds and have to make decisions based on forum arguments.

+1
-Confucius

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

i'd be willing to round up a group of my corp if the other bigger corps agree to pitch in

a thing you could test on your own, which i would ask you to do with your corp:
1. get on PTS and do NOT use the excessive EP you get there
2. go with your group to hokkogarso asintec beta terminals and fit as many hauler you can drive with the stuff you need to build your first terminal and the construction charges for it.
3. move out with interisland teleport beacons with your group to the availiable test island and search for a free place to place that terminal (at best you search with directional energy well geoscanns for your first energy well.
4. after the terminal is constructed (do not use the cheat ammo!) check how long this operation did take.
5. now prepare a hauling operation to move all necessary T1 buildings into your terminal there to build your base. (1 of each production facilities, a few energy nodes, at least 2 reactor, 1 energy well tower, 1 mining tower, a command node and enought construction chares to build all that stuff

after that, give a report how much work it was and how long it took, considering that you did not terraform the terrain .

after you have done that, you will know why some say its way to much investment necessary to just get a T1 base. (even though you have bought everything for 1 NIC each building on the market)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

PHM's stance is no.

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

Have they updated the test server characters? Can your guys get on the test server now?

+1
-Confucius

@ Rage  i never said i wanted to learn anything just said i was willing to test it i could care less about gamma because if it came out tomorrow with out some kind of bonus besides scrub mk2s i'm not going i offered to help test it

@ Kald   i'm not sure but id put my money on no

No offense Pete, but there is nothing stopping you from taking your corpies yourself and learning how Gammas work. In theory, you're gonna need this knowledge soon. I'm sure if you are active on the TS and someone is around and you have a question you'll probably get it answered.

DEV Zoom wrote:

You mean that's not how *your* development works. Or actually doesn't.

I was told by zoom that additional gamma islands will be added to the test server to test some of the mechanics and also to deploy buildings. Atm all twelve available terminals per island are already deployed on the single server. If you are adding additional islands as the gamma release nears then you must be no where nearer to release than 3 months ago

Actually if they are adding additional islands that means they are done generating the "New" content.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Hey if you havent welped a fleet on that island before its new to you!

25 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-24 13:49:10)

Hey! The 'I am to lazy stuff' is gone +1 smile

RIP PERPETUUM