Re: Stop wasting resources and time on gamma

Burial wrote:

Motorboat, the problem is lack of content for new players not the assets or players themselves. Let's use EVE analogy: If a new corporation gets thrown against established 00 corporation, the resulting bloodshed would even put Gilles De Rais to shame. Luckily in EVE, new corporation doesn't have to do it since there's more for them to do for fun.

Let's see what future brings after Gamma. Hope dies last.

Yep, and the only fun content for a new character here is pvp (especially if they run one account)
PvE is just better in other games, sorry to be so blunt.

+1
-Confucius

Gamma was really cool, why delay it?

Motorbaot's most dead on statement is the EP pool, and 90% of it has sat with CIR/77. Unless every oldschool player comes back and had an active sub or atleast 650k+ EP, the balance will always be broken. Tactics do not negate EP, they never have in this game and never will.

Serpens wrote:

Motorbaot's most dead on statement is the EP pool, and 90% of it has sat with CIR/77. Unless every oldschool player comes back and had an active sub or atleast 650k+ EP, the balance will always be broken. Tactics do not negate EP, they never have in this game and never will.

blasphemy. CIR is proving every day that their noobs can handle everyone else ingame without EP, without limitless mk2/t4 assets and without maxed out mk2 e(n)war mechs covering their back - because they can use tactics.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The EP advantage lessens much quicker than the asset or tactics advantage....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

56 (edited by Syndic 2014-08-19 06:10:28)

Tactics and strategy negate everything. There's more then a few bittervets in CIR who came back in April with ~500k EP on their accounts.

There is a difference between knowing from experience, and forming an opinion from the perspective of an uninvolved bystander.

There has been a very short list of people - 3 to be precise, and I'm one of them - who have planned and conducted an alliance war from beginning to end. There's a larger list of people, who made the necessary personal sacrifices to make those wars a success.

None of those people are talking on the forums.

*edit: Offensive. - DEV Zoom

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Tactics and strategy become somewhat easier when you use spies.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

It's worth it just for the soundboards.

CIR Complaint Form

Strategery!!

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

It's a dead end, no it's not.  Yes it.  No...  Oh.... What a bunch of ***.

Crusader wrote:

It's a dead end, no it's not.  Yes it.  No...  Oh.... What a bunch of ***.

That was a funny op.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I'm sorry Syndic, but you are wrong, reroll 10 of your best PVPers into new chars, and put them against 10 vet chars, let's see how well your "tactics and strategy" hold up. lol I have a suspicion they will not.

Why would I do that, when the 10 newbie accounts can catch that 1 vet being stupid and gank him? smile

CIR Complaint Form

64 (edited by Crepitus 2014-08-20 12:18:17)

Serpens wrote:

I'm sorry Syndic, but you are wrong, reroll 10 of your best PVPers into new chars, and put them against 10 vet chars, let's see how well your "tactics and strategy" hold up. lol I have a suspicion they will not.

There aren't even 10 people for us to fight against left.  True story.  Just a lot of loud mouth trolls on the forums who never log in.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I know the feeling.

Crepitus wrote:
Serpens wrote:

There aren't even 10 people for us to fight against left.  True story.  Just a lot of loud mouth trolls on the forums who never log in.

Given that you have been the dominant power throughout that period are you happy with your factions choices?

67 (edited by Crepitus 2014-08-20 14:08:04)

Jita wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Serpens wrote:

Given that you have been the dominant power throughout that period are you happy with your factions choices?

I think you undeservedly (as is your custom) give us the lion's share of the blame for people leaving.  That blame rests, as ever, squarely on the shoulders of the DEVs. 

We've had the majority of our new players stop logging in the same as everyone else's; most weren't even PvPers.  This is in spite of having 2x a week corp ops scheduled with them in mind, both for training and finances. 

Guess why?  Could it be long travel times and *** missions?  The near total lack of viable solo game play?  The near black out of information and the fanatical devotion to Gamma which no one asked for? 

Gamers in general are a fickle bunch, and this game caters to a niche of a niche (hardcore full loot PvP  with robots).  But even so, getting new players is one thing, keeping them is an entirely different matter altogether.

Population graphs

I know the feeling.

Back to minecraft

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo so you use reddit? There's some dude with your name who does the most amazing NSFW posts.

And for the record I don't blame CIR.

Crepitus wrote:
Jita wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

I think you undeservedly (as is your custom) give us the lion's share of the blame for people leaving.  That blame rests, as ever, squarely on the shoulders of the DEVs. 

We've had the majority of our new players stop logging in the same as everyone else's; most weren't even PvPers.  This is in spite of having 2x a week corp ops scheduled with them in mind, both for training and finances. 

Guess why?  Could it be long travel times and *** missions?  The near total lack of viable solo game play?  The near black out of information and the fanatical devotion to Gamma which no one asked for? 

Gamers in general are a fickle bunch, and this game caters to a niche of a niche (hardcore full loot PvP  with robots).  But even so, getting new players is one thing, keeping them is an entirely different matter altogether.

While I agree with this fully I think your faction needs to take responsibility for your persistent detrimental to the game conduct you guys continually employ on the forums, in chat, and other public areas where new players come and get their impressions. The worst of these have been Ville, Gunner, and Syndic. Your efforts to improve the game thru exposing various flawed mechanics pale in comparison to the damage you have caused the game and community by the conduct I have mentioned.

List all the problems to the game you choose, but don't minimize your own part in it, it's not a small role.

72 (edited by Syndic 2014-08-20 18:36:34)

Cassius wrote:

While I agree with this fully I think your faction needs to take responsibility for your persistent detrimental to the game conduct you guys continually employ on the forums, in chat, and other public areas where new players come and get their impressions. The worst of these have been Ville, Gunner, and Syndic. Your efforts to improve the game thru exposing various flawed mechanics pale in comparison to the damage you have caused the game and community by the conduct I have mentioned.

List all the problems to the game you choose, but don't minimize your own part in it, it's not a small role.

We are not employed by AC and Perpetuum. Our member's conduct is perfectly acceptable according to the rules and regulations of our community. There is nothing for any of our people to "take responsibility for".

If you disagree and were under the impression my members were behaving contrary to our community's conduct, you should have filed a complaint form. Refer to my signature for the template.

CIR Complaint Form

Cassius wrote:

Once again he back from the glass house to cast more stones.

You can point the finger where you like but all your posts where you cant be bothered to play the game anymore has done more to drive new players away than anything CIR/77 has done.

Cassius wrote:

I think your faction needs to take responsibility for your persistent detrimental to the game

This line is as old as MMO gaming itself. Don't you ever tire of spewing it?

Sparking to other games

75 (edited by Cassius 2014-08-20 22:03:15)

Thanks for confirming my point. That was quicker than expected.
Syndic I realize with you being ESL you may not understand the difference between your members conduct being good for the game as opposed to your members conduct being acceptable to you. But we both know you know the difference.

Aye Pod, my personal criticism of this game revolves around the handling of Gamma and it's future. This is not a new player issue. Nor has any of your factions actions affected my decision not to play. I was a vet and used to how you play. It's the newer players that are affected most.

Rex, sorry do you feel left out I didn't include you on the list of most detrimental? Truth is yours and the likes of Strangers trolls are not that good and thus don't deserve attention.

The bottom line is there are many things wrong with this game. And when the dust settles and the autopsy is done your faction will have been part of the problem.