Re: Elite: Dangerous

Annihilator wrote:

i wonder if you can deactivate that nodding figure... distracts a bit.

Yep, you can

+1
-Confucius

Think voice attack, oculus rift and a decent joystick and throttle should make this amazing. Already with mouse and keyboard on a monitor the flying is intuitive.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Saitek has arrived!  (annoyingly it was redelivered on Friday but i wasnt aware!)

Its bigger than i expected...

Egomaniac wrote:

Saitek has arrived!  (annoyingly it was redelivered on Friday but i wasnt aware!)

Its bigger than i expected...

This name is far more accurate than Jelan.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Any price set for release, or will it be more than £50?

RIP PERPETUUM

No release price yet and currently rebuilding my Alienware as the saitek drivers fooked it! fuuu

The release price is £35. The £50 for beta includes the release, your paying £15 to play it up front.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Soooo.. fixed the Saitek problem, switched USB ports and hey presto!

Back to a sidewinder then fuuu

http://i.imgur.com/ZttyfHt.jpg

Ville was banned here, now he is an NPC in ED...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

36 (edited by Inda 2015-01-17 21:22:09)

Annihilator wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ZttyfHt.jpg

Ville was banned here, now he is an NPC in ED...

LOL

How is this game btw, any good?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

hmm, how is it?

Its entertaining, but lacks a little bit diversity and needs allot more ways for player to interact with each other. In DaOpa's stream (you may remember that name wink) the most frequently asked question is "is that a solo or multiplayer game"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

It is a solo game with other player destroying your trade price and the possibility to have PvP in some places.
Unfortunately cooperative mechanisms are  nonexistant till ~march.

You can have PvP everywhere - it just puts a bounty on your head in case you shoot someone without agression, eventually gets you a temp-ban if youre bashing the same player over and over,
and the bounty is paid from your wallet if your getting shot down.

Unlike perpetuum - piracy is a possible occupation. 

cooperative play is without any mechanics, which means you have to do it without any ingame hints (which makes assisting someone who got pulled out of FTL not that easy)

So far, the Frontier DEVs have implemented all the basic stuff necessary for a sandbox game, that is completely missing in Perp -> instead, they have not yet implemented the necessary mmo elements. (doesn't even have a non-peer2peer chat!!!)

40 (edited by MoBIoS 2015-04-05 09:41:16)

Just for a quick update:
Multiplayer features have been implemented in march.
Such as:
Wings
in-game mail

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123776

- I am an Alpha Backer flying with Warthog Hotas, Saitek Combat pro rudder pedals and voice attack. Ingame name (and group): MoBIoS
I have been playing this game back in the 80´s on a BBC Computer with wireframe grafix and it was great fun back then already. I guess Elite is the mother of all space sim games as we now them today smile

This game is great for the immersion it gives. I am still missing some incentives for playing. I usually sit nearby a sun, entering point, and pull out player ships with their shinys out of super-cruise. But that kind of gets repetitive also after a short while.

As a Tip for quick credits, try trading rare goods, they give you a huge return. Try going to System Lave and collect all rare goods in the surrounding systems and sell them at at least 150ly away (the profit gets bigger as further away you sell them, with a diminishing return at about 150ly). System Bast is a good point to sell them, if you coming from Lave and you can buy new rare goods there again for your return trip.
Here is a good tool to find rare goods and plan your routes:
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

you forgot to mention - its now on Steam too.

Steam sale 33% off , is it worth it?

RIP PERPETUUM

43 (edited by Annihilator 2015-07-11 15:08:09)

it was 40% off for a day during summer sale.

its still a nice game that soon allows PC, MAC and XBox gamers to play in the same universe.

on a sidenote: the new refund option allows you to try it out wink

or if you got an XBox one, you can play the free version there until its released

44 (edited by Goffer 2015-07-12 07:10:37)

Unless they fixed a lot since I stopped playing (and I played with wings), it is mostly playing for yourself in same universe than playing with (or against) others. I tried to play together with a few friends and it was really hard, to meet in same system when you have player that want to do more than sit in same system and wait for fight.
So in my opinion the presence of other player was not helping in having fun in this game, so I could have played as well Elite Offline.

im happy that its online.
i wouldn't want to waste the Disk space for 4.5 billion star systems, nor for waste CPU power for the background simulation.

actually, i hope they will fix the netcode soon to client server, not peer2peer

46 (edited by Annihilator 2015-08-06 00:56:04)

Update:
First paid expansion anounced and availiable in store for 50€/60$/£40

+ scandal:

the "expansion" is not really a DLC upgrade, but the full game with additional content. Customers already owning a copy of ED will get a mere 12.5€/15$/£10 discount for a limited time for buying the whole game + expansion again.

thats how you make money...

lame.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:

Update:
First paid expansion anounced and availiable in store for 50€/60$/£40

+ scandal:

the "expansion" is not really a DLC upgrade, but the full game with additional content. Customers already owning a copy of ED will get a mere 12.5€/15$/£10 discount for a limited time for buying the whole game + expansion again.

thats how you make money...

Seems like its time to push steam for a refund on the original

i am actually curious how they sell that on steam, since it is not a "DLC".

50 (edited by Burial 2015-08-06 23:32:41)

Will it be worth the 50€ now? Seems to mainly be about some planetary landing shiz.