Re: Self Destruct Proximity Probes

There should be a role tied to it (Security officer) and there should be a way to remotely destroy them from the map.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

27 (edited by Burial 2014-08-16 17:30:04)

Syndic wrote:

There should be a role tied to it (Security officer) and there should be a way to remotely destroy them from the map.

Agreed on both. If adding new roles is too complex, then dump it, but there needs to be a way to destroy probes remotely.

Syndic wrote:

... and there should be a way to remotely destroy them from the map.

With a 8/16/24 hours timer.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

29 (edited by Burial 2014-08-16 18:58:01)

A timer for remote destruction is an unnecessary hassle. The probes are already problematic enough: replacing them when blown up, checking if neuted out etc. Destroying a handful of probes taking over a day makes no sense if they can be placed back instantaneously.

Would be quite interesting if probes could only be placed every 8/16/24 hours. It would introduce a much needed deficit in active probes and a destruction timer would also make sense in that case. Destroying probes could provide tactical advantage over just providing a nuance.

Burial wrote:

In my opinion, a timer for remote destruction is an unnecessary hassle. The probes are already problematic enough: Replacing them when blown up, checking if neuted out etc.

Would be quite interesting if probes could be only placed every 8/16/24 hours though.

I would tie them to MPC roles in the mean time until gamma is release and then make a specific role for them if its too much.

31 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-08-17 00:56:47)

I think it may be worth taking a different tact to the whole probe issue.

Rather than making them corp-wide, make them character based. Something along the lines of:
- probes ping only for the character that drops them
- 4 hour expiry time after which they just blow up
- maybe increase their size in the cargo hold
- give them the same masking, size, hit points and detection value as a light bot
- decreased cost to a only a token cost so even newbs feel free to use them
- have them give bot types as well as names
- remove that stupid corp-probe-count skill

(picking up and a remote detonator would be nice functions )

Not saying that's the only way to do it but just want to open up the debate to some new ideas.
Also I am not saying that the above would be 'balanced' given the current state of the game but as far as I am concerned, without more islands and more teleports this game is screwed anyway.

+1
-Confucius

New MPC radar station for gamma that world be like a probe but with more hp and a reenforce mode tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Well is has become pretty clear that the Devs don't want to address us on this issue. Not sure why could be they are to hard at work or just can't be bothered with it.

PS. i still feel like they do a good job for a crew of 5

The issue will be addressed.

right click destroy from map?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.