In Soviet Domharlarn probe kills YOU!

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Re: Self Destruct Proximity Probes

Stranger Danger wrote:

In Soviet Domharlarn probe kills YOU!

thats true. I always seem to forget about explosion damage, and my lwf fit yagel always comes home with only half of its hitpoints from Dom wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

is something wrong with your probes?

;P

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

5 (edited by Annihilator 2014-08-13 10:41:30)

don't tell me someone started to neut Cons Proxies and they don't know how to jump-start them?

Edit:
btw, i always wished you could just pick them up again. Strangely enough, that mechanic already exists for Gamma structures, but isn't possible for any other deployable stuff

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

you people are ridicules really. I have to say this game has the worst community then any game I have played previously. I think xbox live with a bunch of 12yr. playing a match of gears of war as little more self control and tact.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

7 (edited by Burial 2014-08-16 12:03:40)

/* delete, my post is below */

only allow director level roles to even put them out for corp. Also state on the probe properties who placed it.

2nd Top Killer 2012

Well, it's kinda a direct result of having two days of constant arkhe attacks.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

yeah!

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Xadhoom wrote:

you people are ridicules really. I have to say this game has the worst community then any game I have played previously. I think xbox live with a bunch of 12yr. playing a match of gears of war as little more self control and tact.

What happened?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

no different then you guys continually blowing up there walls and probes on kent. Then you have to do a *** move and use a spy to pop probes and replace them down on DOM behind a billion wall.

2nd Top Killer 2012

Xadhoom wrote:

no different then you guys continually blowing up there walls and probes on kent. Then you have to do a *** move and use a spy to pop probes and replace them down on DOM behind a billion wall.

I was wondering what that was about.  Hilarity ensues.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Typical griefing behaviour abusing mechanics on purpose. I don't know why I'm surprised any more.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

hehe, that's actually quite a funny move tbh. Just needs a few simple (lol) fixes as the OP and other have said.

Alternatively, don't limit probe numbers by corp.  These kinds of artificial limits just lead to more multi-account shenanigans as well as the kind of abuse pointed out here.

+1
-Confucius

Don't fix anything just post that its stupid behaviour and ban people if they do it again. Why keep wasting developer time keep changing the game so these *** can't willfully abuse it?

Proxy probes are a corp feature, the number of them, and the number of pinged agents is limited by the CEOs extensions.

so why is there no corp interface that lists all proxies and who has placed them? or even a corporation rang necessary to drop them in the first place?

Fix - create log to identify which character dropped probe.

Not sure about remote self destruct.

Sparking to other games

It's a sandbox game nothings stopping them from going out there and killing them.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

It's a sandbox game nothings stopping them from going out there and killing them.

Every time you guys behave like idiots you say sandbox like that somehow makes it OK. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

21 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-08-16 03:24:04)

why should being able to deploy probes be something any member in a corp can do? Just tie it to a role.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I think some of you guys would do better in a themepark game with heavy restrictions on what players can and cant do honestly.

I know there is a deep political aspect to these responses, so I take it with a grain of salt.  Xadhoom is right though...community is filled with a bunch of whiney babies...

I do love the overly emotional response from you guys though, its entertaining to say the least.  Glad to see Xadhoom being just like I remember him too...

Why don't you cry to the devs for better player skill and leadership...that's what you guys need...not to continually beg for nerfs on whatever it is that is besting you that week.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Sounds like player-created content with clearly defined rewards and challenges, as well as an opportunity to learn and grow as an organization.

We've tutored you in camping gates with plated bots and popping probes with arkhes, that brings you in-line with JOKE's level. Unless that's the ceiling you aim to reach, it's time to start learning, investigating and planning - consequently resulting in your evolution.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

now, there is a reason to play on beta (dom in particular)

25 (edited by Burial 2014-08-16 17:33:47)

Anyone who's ever played around with Proximity Probes knows there's a couple of essential features missing. People already need to go to the probe and actually test or energy transfer it to see if they're drained dry and it's fine that way, but why can't they be destroyed straight from the map like it's possible to change their settings? Why can't they be picked up and re-placed elsewhere? Both would save players from numerous headaches. If the developers came and said that's how it's planned, I'd be fine, but seems like it's a development bypass that's starting to rot.

Stranger and Syndic, get real, you both are smarter than that. What exactly is there to stop you from using spies and planting all the new corporation's probes inside your Gamma base? They have no means to break them out and their whole corporation would be without probes for as long as you're done laughing at them. Griefer is someone who deliberately irritates and harasses others by using mechanics in unintended ways and you are the definition case for it.

@Devs: Add an option to destroy a probe from the GUI. If you want to throw a QoL improvement along then allow them to be picked up and re-placed.