Re: Market tab for CT's

Ville wrote:

Question can Cts be put in a synsec container?

Yes.

RIP PERPETUUM

Then why not develop a container you put the ct in, then place it on the market??

Container for 50, 100 and 150 of every Bot.

So I buy a specific container that only takes gropho mk2 Cts at 50p.  The container upon purchasing shows "empty". I place the ct in it then it changes to verified status.  And once you place the ct in the container you can not take the ct out until you activate the container.  Once you activate it the container disappears and only the cts left. 

So I put the verified container on the market.  And the market only accepts verified containers.  Hell you could even make a facility out of it like your ct calibration facility for gamma.  Put a synsec container and an unused ct into this facility  then it presents you to a market deliverable goods.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville, that would STILL need the market interface to be able to track unique items, and display them wiht their unique data.

why do you think you can only trade packed robots? when the robot is packaged, it just made sure that its not damaged, has nothing in its cargo or equipped, and the name-override is removed. Why is the volume reduced? dunno, probably something from eve wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It would be just like ICE. 

You create a Standard good not a unique good.

Ok so heres the idea in a more Simple form.  I place a mk2 CT 50, 100, or 150 and a container in some sort of factory, one side accepts an mk2 ct and the other accepts some form of container.  You pay a nic fee it packages it into a universal container.  The container would mark what it was "Gropho MK2 50P".  You then take that to the market.  When you take it to the market and sell it the item sold is the standard Universal Container, in its right spot on the market.  When a player buys it he buys the container.  Once you activate the container a magical New CT bound to that player appears.

Make sense?  I am not a coder but its just an idea if it can be transported through a synsec container then you should be able to do something along these lines.  Also it would add a new facility/purpose for gamma.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

that makes sense.
it would just need the hardcoded implementation of all those items, with each their sub-category in the market.
not that each item ingame already has lots of variations in the database (CT, Prototype, ... )

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear