Topic: Has a CSM like system been tried in this game

Would a system like eve's CSM system work for perp

Re: Has a CSM like system been tried in this game

We are all in the CSM except CIR and pets.. lol

Seriously: community is too small.

RIP PERPETUUM

I've personally seen more, We said that was going to happen, come from the partnership of equals than any other entity in game.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

4 (edited by T3xasp3t3 2014-08-12 16:50:16)

ok guys this is an idea i knew trolling would happen but in 1 post wow. Yes slow development is a reason the game is at a low point atm. Another reason is the fact that none of us in this game can even begin to try and say what we would think would help the game because of our epeens/efeelings. every single topic that gets more than 40 post in this forums. just becomes a bunch of children arguing over who broke who's sand castle. What happened is done there is nothing at all anyone can do about it. all we can do is try and make the future of the game fun. I thought this would help if not w/e it was just an idea.

5 (edited by Burial 2014-08-12 16:59:37)

There used to be few players who would've been perfect for CSM positions(Ludlow, Tux and few others), sadly they don't play right now.

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

ok guys this is an idea i knew trolling would happen but in 1 post wow. Yes slow development is a reason the game is at a low point atm. Another reason is the fact that none of us in this game can even begin to try and say what we would think would help the game because of our epeens/efeelings. every single topic that gets more than 40 post in this forums. just becomes a bunch of children arguing over who broke who's sand castle. What happened is done there is nothing at all anyone can do about it. all we can do is try and make the future of the game fun. I thought this would help if not w/e it was just an idea.

I have been here for over 3 years, we have given loads of good feedback, but ultimately they do what they think is right, so why beat a dead horse again and again. Either way development is too slow for a MMO.

RIP PERPETUUM

7 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-12 17:03:28)

Burial wrote:

There used to be few players who would've been perfect for CSM positions(Ludlow, Tux and few others), sadly they don't play right now.

C'mon Burial they all defended SPT, you all know its bad for the game.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
T3xasp3t3 wrote:

I have been here for over 3 years, we have given loads of good feedback, but ultimately they do what they think is right, so why beat a dead horse again and again. Either way development is too slow for a MMO.

Yes very good advice is given but if you look at it every time someone gives it there are 6 more there after trolling said good advice. So in the end the even the good advice looks like a troll. With the way we act i understand why the DEVs never take any of our advice seriously.

There have been a few round tables done and in the begining if the game there was a group of players who had Skype meetings to talk about direction and changes to be made.

In the end like most things it was stopped because certain entities cried about Dev access and secret Skype conversations. In retrospect I thought that these conversations were useful, however do believe the transcript should have been public.

The forums are a bad way to form game ideas simply because not everyone in game knows what they talk about. There are probably 6 or 7 people in game who understand gamma and I don't count myself among them. There are probably the same number who understand economics. To add to that some people in game will always look at changes through a prism of 'will this hurt me' and / or 'is this what my enemy wants'. You can't reason these people, they will fundamentally disagree because of who suggests it. A round table tends to cut through that bullshit - the last gamma round table was a good example of previously polar opposite parties largely agreeing and getting on fine. There was no bitterness or recriminations at all.

What's important however is a wide view. This game has dwindled for four years while,largely doing what it's player base asks for. They have screamed for endgame content because they are endgame and it has not alleviated any of the issues. What the players want May not even be helpful any more considering they are like 1% of what a healthy games population should look like.

There was a gamma round table???

Tonnik wrote:

There have been a few round tables done and in the begining if the game there was a group of players who had Skype meetings to talk about direction and changes to be made.

In the end like most things it was stopped because certain entities cried about Dev access and secret Skype conversations. In retrospect I thought that these conversations were useful, however do believe the transcript should have been public.

The forums are a bad way to form game ideas simply because not everyone in game knows what they talk about. There are probably 6 or 7 people in game who understand gamma and I don't count myself among them. There are probably the same number who understand economics. To add to that some people in game will always look at changes through a prism of 'will this hurt me' and / or 'is this what my enemy wants'. You can't reason these people, they will fundamentally disagree because of who suggests it. A round table tends to cut through that bullshit - the last gamma round table was a good example of previously polar opposite parties largely agreeing and getting on fine. There was no bitterness or recriminations at all.

What's important however is a wide view. This game has dwindled for four years while,largely doing what it's player base asks for. They have screamed for endgame content because they are endgame and it has not alleviated any of the issues. What the players want May not even be helpful any more considering they are like 1% of what a healthy games population should look like.

I understand and agree with most of what you say. I still believe if the players and devs where willing to try this it would help a lot. The CSM system works well for eve i know this isn't eve but the games are similar enough for it to help.

PS. I personally don't consider myself a person who should be involved with this at all i'm still a very new player and know almost nothing about gama or what the gama changes mean.

12 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-12 17:28:26)

Just to put things into perspective with this blog more than 1.5 years ago : http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/archive/2012/12/

Assignment- not yet completed (even worse than before)

Research revamp: completed

Steam release: released a few months ago

Instances: nothing heard since then.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/aud … -07-05.mp3

RIP PERPETUUM

all i'm looking for is

Do we believe a CSM system would work

IF so how many members would be on it

if we do try and set this up how do we convene the DEVs to start this asap

Celebro wrote:

Instances: nothing heard since then.

the tutorial island is not an instance?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ville wrote:

You didn't get invited as your a recruiting corp CEO but the important guys like Syndic and Balfizar did.

17 (edited by Burial 2014-08-12 18:19:34)

@Anni: They were talking about implementing actual copies of different locations that would be generated on a need basis, but eventually gave up(due to having to rewrite too much lower level engine code). While all of the islands and terminals are instances of a more generic island and terminal template, they are still not the same thing.

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

all i'm looking for is

Do we believe a CSM system would work:

IF so how many members would be on it see above

if we do try and set this up how do we convene the DEVs to start this asap

It won't work. It's been tried. They don't listen and what they do change they roll back.

Burial wrote:

@Anni: They were talking about implementing actual copies of different locations that would be generated on a need basis, but eventually gave up(due to having to rewrite too much lower level engine code). While all of the islands and terminals are instances of a more generic island and terminal template, they are still not the same thing.

i learned how the server structure works over the years, but i have never done the new tutorial. it was supposed to be an instanced island as in "one instance for each noob"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

That's what it was supposed to be, but in the end they settled with making a new, closed and shared island for the newbies. Don't think not implementing instancing for the newbie zone's sake is a bad thing, but I was really excited for some amazing group assignments that probably won't be possible on a shared terrain.

Burial wrote:

That's what it was supposed to be, but in the end they settled with making a new, closed and shared island for the newbies. Don't think not implementing instancing for the newbie zone's sake is a bad thing, but I was really excited for some amazing group assignments that probably won't be possible on a shared terrain.

Weird thing is that could be done with virtually no extra coding

22 (edited by Burial 2014-08-12 18:40:47)

I'm pretty sure it had an array of issues associated with it that won't be obvious without full understanding of the engine. Would be awesome if they could overcome it though, but not if it's going to take year's worth of development. hmm

Burial wrote:

I'm pretty sure it had an array of issues associated with it that won't be obvious without full understanding of the engine. Would be awesome if they could overcome it though, but not if it's going to take year's worth of development. hmm

You could easily make 50 mini islands not shown on the map and give as a mission item a teleport that goes to that specific mission location.

Tonnik wrote:
Burial wrote:

You could easily make 50 mini islands not shown on the map and give as a mission item a teleport that goes to that specific mission location.

"Easily" is a relative term.

25 (edited by Burial 2014-08-12 19:03:14)

That's the work-around I had floating around my brain as well but I can already imagine a couple of issues the engine and servers might get.