Topic: Corporation Dialogues Hidden

Can we hide the Corporation Dialogue section of the forums unless you are signed into an active account? We dont need all the drama scaring away potential players.

Re: Corporation Dialogues Hidden

Having played some Elite its actually refreshing how draconian they are. Basically anyone whos an *** gets warned then banned.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

doesn't sound like a bad idea, but somehow EVERY topic, no matter which section of the forums will turn into a corp dialoge.
could have worked some time ago, when there was more then 10 active forum members.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Done.

...but we are all active? hmm

RIP PERPETUUM

Aye Pod wrote:

unless you are signed in

DEV Zoom wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

unless you are signed in

That seems trivial. Better moderation is need.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

unless you are signed in

That seems trivial. Better moderation is need.

in more ways than one! tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

9 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-08-08 18:18:27)

really if you think corporation dialogues is whats scaring people away.....

most people will see this game on steam, and no where else.  They will use the steam forums.

All this does is prevent me from watching the delicious tears at work, or while working.

All you are doing is hiding the ONLY active forum section of the game, creating the reality that the game is very dead thorough the forums.  Might be true to some extent....

But yeah people will be turned off by the games graphics far before they take the time to go to the official website, then go down to corp dialogues, see activity and fighting....which gives the appearance theres life and sandbox factional war....and for some reason be turned off from that...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

really if you think corporation dialogues is whats scaring people away.....

most people will see this game on steam, and no where else.  They will use the steam forums.

All this does is prevent me from watching the delicious tears at work, or while working.

All you are doing is hiding the ONLY active forum section of the game, creating the reality that the game is very dead thorough the forums.  Might be true to some extent....

But yeah people will be turned off by the games graphics far before they take the time to go to the official website, then go down to corp dialogues, see activity and fighting....which gives the appearance theres life and sandbox factional war....and for some reason be turned off from that...

(typing from work) I can log in, or not, but I agree that people are far more likely to see the Steam sub-forum first and that political fighting is the majority of the activity...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

does that mean i now need to set up an RSS feed of the CD topics on my cellphone?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

get rid of corp dialogue, its a bunch of garbage

Aye Pod wrote:

Can we hide the Corporation Dialogue section of the forums unless you are signed into an active account? We dont need all the drama scaring away potential players.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

DEV Anni for forum moderator!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.