Topic: Archeage (Don't)

***. Trion. lol

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Archeage (Don't)

I jumped into that game a while back. I bought into it. Very cool game. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

3 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-31 19:42:42)

People are saying don't pay for early access it will be F2P soon.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

People are saying don't pay for early access it will be F2P soon.

Yes it is a free to play with the option to sub. It was designed to be a F2P.

The pre-purchase was for special items like the founder glider and cash shop currency.

it will be F2P at release, but you will be restricted if you dont pay for patron(premium) status. For example F2P accounts will not be able to own a farm or a house etc.

Industrial Junkie

Tamas Vitez wrote:

it will be F2P at release, but you will be restricted if you dont pay for patron(premium) status. For example F2P accounts will not be able to own a farm or a house etc.

So it's 'freemium' much like Wurm online I guess?

RIP PERPETUUM

Regarding the land ownership, yes, but your leveling and skills will not be restricted.

Industrial Junkie

Too bad, you could build houses and farms without a deed for free on Wurm. Although the restricted leveling was a bit annoying.

RIP PERPETUUM

at least the review page shows blue posts.

when i have checked Sacred3, i got like 10pages negative reviews until i found the first positive one (you could blame the default sorting by popularity)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

in ArcheAge you can plant your crop and trees anywhere you want, but if its not on your farm then its not protected and anybody can uproot/destroy it or harvest it.

The game is not that bad, but when you start out, it looks like a theme park game with easy leveling and quest hubs. That will turn a lot of ppl off. Once you go past that and get into gathering, crafting and PvP, it gets more of a sandbox feel.

Industrial Junkie

I'd rather play Elite: Dangerous when it comes out in a couple of months.

Tamas Vitez wrote:

At first when I seen this i was not happy BUT... After playing thru the beta weekend I have to say this will work really well.
I think if PVP is your main thing then F2P will work very well for you. Casual part time crafters & harvesters might start to notice some issues with Labour points. And full time heavy crafters will really need to get a platinum account.

overall tho Im enjoying the game smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I don't know anything about the game.  I have a lot of problems with the publisher.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Not as many problems as the NSA has with you...

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Lol!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Syndic wrote:

When I disappear and my body double shows up at work in a tie everyone will know what happened. big_smile

*edit: Yeah we don't need google pointing here for that kind of stuff. - DEV Zoom

Population graphs

Dev Zoom that's epic.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

WTB more than 400 characters and 4 lines in my sig sad

Population graphs

Closed Beta Test 3 next weekend

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/201 … ough-beta/

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I've played it and... I can't say anything good or bad about this game. This is another one MMORPG - nothing more.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

This article I think hits the problem if any this game has...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game … g-Bro.html

Summary:

ArcheAge: we’re afraid that its underlying complexity is going to be hidden by the upfront simplicity of its questing and PVE design.

Gremrod wrote:

Summary:

ArcheAge: we’re afraid that its underlying complexity is going to be hidden by the upfront simplicity of its questing and PVE design.

hmm, its not the first time i read critics about questing... just look at firefall. just look at what AC's "PvE" update will be. hmm

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

23 (edited by Gremrod 2014-08-08 18:53:17)

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Summary:

hmm, its not the first time i read critics about questing... just look at firefall. just look at what AC's "PvE" update will be. hmm

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying....

Its not the questing that is the focus. The focus is that most people will not look at the sandbox side of the game or even realize it is there because so many just get caught up in questing.

Gremrod wrote:

Its not the questing that is the focus. The focus is that most people will not look at the sandbox side of the game or even realize it is there because so many just get caught up in questing.

Quests are the bane of the sandbox. The Examples i have listed are where the same thing happens - on player AND DEV side of the coin. New player are introduced in questing, and DEVs are focused on making those quests "entertaining". this spirals up to the point, where one side forgets the Sandbox - or both.

whats even worse - those quests probably will never ask you to shoot down another player, or to defend something against other players. (PvP games)

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Quests are the bane of the sandbox. The Examples i have listed are where the same thing happens - on player AND DEV side of the coin. New player are introduced in questing, and DEVs are focused on making those quests "entertaining". this spirals up to the point, where one side forgets the Sandbox - or both.

whats even worse - those quests probably will never ask you to shoot down another player, or to defend something against other players. (PvP games)

Okay gotcha.