Re: Perpetuum Killboard

Ok I guess Battle Summary only shows attacker side for the individual kill and victim side and his other corp members.

Still, if the summary is being up all the victims other corp members involved in that particular battle it should be able to bring all combatants involved from both sides up.

hey its free stop ***

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

53 (edited by Cassius 2014-03-30 22:41:30)

Rage Blackout wrote:

hey its free stop ***

Wut? I was just pointing it out. Not ***. Just asking.

roll

It should bring up the entire battle, but there's a few corner cases that mess things up. It's after all trying to assign sides based on the battle results  (Orbz also appears on Syndic's mail). Perp-kill seems to just give a summary, so no actual sides (it's obvious how well that works when there's just two corporations).

Thanks for explaining it Doek.

Since the API now includes the x,y,z coordinates from the victim and attackers, I've been working on some visualizations to try to get some more insight on where and why kills happen.

- snapshot of the battlefield the moment the victim explodes, example here.
- island heatmap, where frequent kills result in 'hot zones', which I'd expect be around teleports, terminals and SAPs, and in between - examples here (Tellesis) and here (Novastrov). You can click the island's name from any kill to get to this image.

Right now I'm still creating island graphics (grabbing screenshots from the client and stitching them together), so you could run into a placeholder. Positions and/or heatmaps are accurate though.

Really liking those heat maps, Doek.

Exactly the sort of feature I was thinking of here (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -of-death/)

Over what time period do you generate the heat maps? Last 30 days?

Right now it's all I can get (the API started providing coordinates on march 27th) - I'll keep coming back to it when the kills stack up, adjust it (probably needs normalization after a while) to keep it looking good.

Comments are now open to all. I've been watching Disqus work well on a couple of sites I frequent, and it does integrate extremely well, so we'll see what happens.

Cassius wrote:

Hey Doek, did a battle summary on the Syndic kill on Hokk ... sequer.nl showed Orbz on our side while Perp-kill showed the 2 sides and all related losses correctly? Is sequer.nl battle summary the equivalent of Perp-kill related kils? I thought it was ....

That was (and still is) a particular hard case with all the explosion damage going around. Anyway, I redid the whole thing, now going by all corporations in a time frame and the damage they do to each other (node graph), it looks to me like it's doing a lot better. Still has issues, mostly if one corporation decides to go full ewar - the thing will simply refer to them as an unknown affiliation.

Hey Doek their is quite a few images / broken links on the KB mainly new corp logos.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

62 (edited by Doek 2014-04-19 00:45:34)

Tux wrote:

Hey Doek their is quite a few images / broken links on the KB mainly new corp logos.

Yeah, I have to grab them (copy, paste, crop, save) manually every once in a while. Some method of fetching agent and corporation images is on my wishlist of nice things to have.

edit: oh, forgot to mention, they're in now for this month.

New URL: http://killboard.sequer.nl

Nice work with the maps btw!!

On every kill page, you can now view a 3D representation of the island with the locations of everyone involved. You'll need a decent webbrowser, because this is WebGL. Just click the 3D button to get started.

The camera needs getting used to - best way to view the kill is the turn the camera down (hold left mouse button), pan (hold right mouse button) it to the location you want to view, zoom it to the ground and then rotate and pan the camera so you can orbit.

The terrain is fairly low quality, this is simply because it's quite a bit of data already, and I'll reach my quota too quickly otherwise. Could use a bumpmap and maybe some meshes to where the structures are indicated (yellow). I'll have to catalog the terminals and tp's too (x, y, z i guess?, name, etc) before being able to show these here.

That's pretty awesome yikes

you just blew my mind

+1

67 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-04-26 06:18:06)

That's pretty sick.

And it's clear Zoom ain't in a hurry to eliminate coordinates from Killmails.

What about gamma when it reopens? You gonna just show default island or will it include dynamic Terraforming?

Rage Rex wrote:

What about gamma when it reopens? You gonna just show default island or will it include dynamic Terraforming?

No, short answer; it's not possible.

Did you pull the API down?

I don't think so, but can't recall anyone using it.

http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=api-documentation

Does it support CORS? Been toying around with web services lately and having trouble getting the data from your site.

Burial wrote:

Does it support CORS? Been toying around with web services lately and having trouble getting the data from your site.

Never intended it to. It's basically mimicking the Perpetuum API, so maybe talk to Gargaj if you intend to get serious with it.