Topic: Why go out to Gama

Ok this is a question i have been asking myself for a while. Why even bother going to gama? I understand that it is a cool concept and owning and building my city would be fun, but that's it nothing els is out there. from what i read is epiy will still be only on beta, and the gama mineral is only for scarab mk2s and gama buildings that's it. That's not really a incentive for me to wanna go. It sounds like its just there for chest beating and making super haulers no of witch i really care about. If i have read into all of what gama will be wrong please let me know.

Re: Why go out to Gama

You are correct indeed, Devs say, more uses for Colixium is expected, but don't hold your breath.

RIP PERPETUUM

I am afraid there is only cat poo in the gamma sandbox.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Protected Nora farms.

Besides that 0.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Basically just nora. Totally not worth the effort.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Why would anyone want to live on gama? It seems to me that their are no reasons to go threw the head ace of building and and forming the island for Nora it makes no sense to me. Just an idea and this is only an idea make Heavy Mk2s use the gama mineral would that help? I'm a new so it may be a bad idea so idk just something els to make gama you know useful

Remember the Screenshot I linked you Pete?  Theresa reason our factorys are pumping that stuff out.  We have this sneaky suspicion that is going to be the band aid fix.  So while everyone is qqing and suiciding heavy mk2s we are pushing harder than ever to have a stockpile in the thousands.

if they made the mk2s require Colixium id entertain going to gama

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

Oh please no..... Make it a new line of bots that require it. Not existing items in the game.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

You'd have no choice since the people on Gamma wouldn't have to sell you *** and you wouldn't be able to compete against MK2 fleets with only MK1.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Much larger mineral fields and beacon pits were awesome. Though beacon pits are less enticing nowadays...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

Much larger mineral fields and beacon pits were awesome. Though beacon pits are less enticing nowadays...

You're looking at around a billion or so to build a descent base, and for that you get ~20% better production over alpha 2, access to colixium (which has little benefit as you stated), and protection for your nora farms. Oh, and artifacts are nice out there.

The biggest cons (no pun intended) is that at anytime someone can knock down your little sandcastle, and you'll spend a lot more time moving massive amounts of minerals out there, and stuff from there (which puts your haulers more at risk considering you'll have to jump thru a beta or two to get to your gamma unless you get a 1 hop interzone island). There's also no static npc spawns, only a few roaming caravans.

forget about that "protection for your nora farm". number of defense turrets is limited, together with them beeing nerfed in firepower.

lack of terraforming dirtwalls makes it hard to put a protective wall around them, and the new AoE plant-damage makes it rather easy to kill a whole farm with a single sniper missile bot.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

~10% better facilities then Beta stations.

Artifacting.

That's pretty much it really.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I'll be out there.

That is reason enough.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Hello.

I dont what what I am talking about.

Annihilator wrote:

forget about that "protection for your nora farm". number of defense turrets is limited, together with them beeing nerfed in firepower.

lack of terraforming dirtwalls makes it hard to put a protective wall around them, and the new AoE plant-damage makes it rather easy to kill a whole farm with a single sniper missile bot.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

And maybe 10% better facilities for a maxed out indy character with maxxed relations. But the bonus is much better for lower ep producers, in fact it allows an unskilled producer to nearly produce at the same level as a maxxed indy toon...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

And maybe 10% better facilities for a maxed out indy character with maxxed relations. But the bonus is much better for lower ep producers, in fact it allows an unskilled producer to nearly produce at the same level as a maxxed indy toon...

but that requires you either mining the materials out there or hauling the materials to there.

Or if your Ville you could just use an infinite sequer big_smile

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

^^

so from what i have gotten from this is gama is very high risk for almost no reward and going out there is close to pointless as it stands now

Gamma and Beta are equal in that respect, except you can get epriton on Beta so its marginally more reward.

CIR Complaint Form

Gamma as it was before offered the following to my nearly maxxed indy character.
(From memory)

Risk free mining via boxes.
10 % bonus to harvest speed and yield, via auras
10 % bonus to yield via mining tower
24 %  improvement in refining and recycling yield at t3 facilities vs Hersh (84% vs 60%)
25 % improvement in factory ME (85% vs 60%)
The ability to combine 0 pt CTs and add 40 pts to an existing CT, minimum.
The ability to have 250+ pt CTs, I have several
CT cost 20% less than Hersh
Prototyping cost 20% less than Hersh, and I am not maxxed in either proto or CTs

Net result, I can produce 5-6 Mesmers on Gamma for what it costs to produce 3 in Hersh.
Is Gamma worh it now??

Hard to say with the new bandwidth mechanics which make it impossible for no good reason whatsoever to have all your production facilities in the same terminal base.

Gamma IMO is worth it if you want to get into the indy side of the game in a serious way. The savings you get I think are worth it.
BUT PVE on Gamma will suck (it sucked back in Gamma 1.0 & the only redeeming thing was beacon pits).
Farming the NPCs that are spread around Gamma is mostly a waste of time.

Artifact scanning tho is well worth it.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

When mk3 bots and T5 gear comes out, youll wish you had a foothold in gamma

Gamma has no kind of income to warrant the expenditure of resources to construct a full base ATM

CIR Complaint Form