Re: Gamma revamp testing

I have a rather large stockpile burial.  PHM by itself can do 1 hitech base And 5 standards, that's two islands.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

A wipe of all MPC structures and CTs would make sense as part of the gamma wipe which has already taken place whether prototypes for MPC structure are introduced or not.

The voice of reason!

429 (edited by Cassius 2014-07-22 04:34:30)

Why would the Devs choose to move all players assets on Gamma to Alpha hangers and then wipe those assets? Doesn't seem right. It appears the Devs chose to acknowledge those players who stayed and played the game and lived on Gamma 1.0 for 2 years of gameplay. Why should they listen to players who abandoned the game  for most of the period, or listen to players with disproportionally the least amount of assets to lose if the suggestion they push forward is accepted. Voice of reason indeed.

And please, if a wipe of structures is considered, please wipe all assets aquired during Gamma 1.0
All the minerals, all the plants, all the bots built in the best production facilities, mods, whatever. Anything aquired or built, or even any bots that ever walked on Gamma, should be wiped. Also please change every Gamma island topography, and location. Those of us who played for 2 years already have screens of excellent base locations in every island, clearly this is not fair nor could a newb corp possibly compete with such vet knowledge.

The problem on Gamma is not assets or buildings, anyways, it's the mechanics which still are not correct to enable players to colonize and live on Gamma.

The current terraforming system is terrible.
A pyramid is the only viable defensive base plan.
All island will be capped with terminals and defensive structures simply to deny access to others.
Coastal or p.e.n.i.s.ula bases, or bases that take advantage of the natural landscaping, can't or have no reason to exist.

Since I only read the forums every week or so, and no longer play much at all, please ensure my opinion is weighted so it affects players who are currently involved in the game.

430 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2014-07-22 18:03:04)

I hear you Cassius but would argue that minerals, robots and research points have a place in the game somewhere other than gamma thus shouldn't be included in the wipe. MPC structures are useless anywhere else so they should.

Generating 24 islands was an uncomplicated process for gamma 1.0 because terraforming was so powerful then. It might take a bit more manual intervention to make them playable this time if terraforming is to be restricted but yes, I'd like to see 24 brand new base terrains. Wipe the knowledge of those terrains too.

NeBs also has a quantity of structures up in the three figures (to which we still have access) which I spent literally thousands of hours building. I don't argue for this because I have little to lose.

I agree whole-heartedly that the mechanics are the main issue, however. Sort that out then wipe the lot I say.

Test server is up again!

-Highway node
-"Energy well" : similar to minertowers now these gather energy and pump it into the reactor. Currently they work with titanium

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

I'll update the OP tomorrow with the current status and everything you need to know about the changes.

433 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-27 23:36:23)

DEV Alf wrote:

Test server is up again!

-Highway node
-"Energy well" : similar to minertowers now these gather energy and pump it into the reactor. Currently they work with titanium

please explain them,
and why do they list accumulator parameters like they would generate energy like reactors ?

edit:
and please seed the markets with them...

edit2: have powerconnection in colony management always been animated?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Good stuff guys.

435 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-28 22:20:11)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'll update the OP tomorrow with the current status and everything you need to know about the changes.

which tomorrow was it? the one that starts 24h after your post, or the one "after gone sleeping"

edit: also, is there any ETA on fixing the defense turret AI? I notice that they now do not stop shooting when i hide behind a tree or terminal, while the later is kinda dumb.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I have updated the first post now, lots of things happened, have a look.

Since highways have their own topic, that info went there.

nice update

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

I like where this is going, everything is fine

lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

439 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-29 09:52:04)

hmm, lots of updates there.

tested this plant AoE damage, and its kinda strange. it does not spread damage along the plants on the terrain, its makes damage dealt to ground tiles beeing AoE, with tiles next to the targeted one recieving relatively more damage then the targeted one.
Yes, you can lock and shoot ground tiles now and it will damage everything "planted" on it around it in a several tile radius. (~30-40m)
guess i will test it with AoE damage from chemical bombs later
This needs a bit more work IMHO

could you make that mechanic work for harvesting too, but only with specific mining modules (noralgis harvester would hate you if not)

440 (edited by Norrdec 2014-07-29 09:56:41)

Doesnt noralgis have to be in a grid pattern, without touching each other?
So even with a change like you proposed, it won't annoy nora farmers.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

Doesnt noralgis have to be in a grid patter, without touching each other?
So even with a change like you proposed, it won't annoy nora farmers.

edited my post after a bit testing - and well, it would anoy because its not bound to "connected"

DEV Zoom wrote:

Gamma islands setup

• More variation in the topology of gamma islands: archipelago type zones, less symmetrical layout, etc.

This sounds really good.

• Are you planning to vary the current 2048x2048 tile "footprint"** for islands?

• Have smaller footprints?

• Have footprints that aren't square? - sort of thinking Tetris shapes here with max of four 1024x1024 tile blocks or even maximum sixteen 512x512s

**Can't think of a better word right now

Anni: yes the plant lock and shooting mechanic still needs work and balancing, I wasn't even aware that the tile lock is out already.

Ludlow: we can't have anything else than square islands, but we can have smaller ones like 1024x1024 or 512x512. However, with the protected coastline areas this probably wouldn't leave a lot of available areas for colonies.

One important request I would like to make. Can you make at least terminals up-gradable without needing to be removed, or all structures if possible.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

One important request I would like to make. Can you make at least terminals up-gradable without needing to be removed, or all structures if possible.

or at least make the terminals storage capacity outsourced into an independant building wink (which is probably what prevents you from quick decon- and reconstruction)

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

or at least make the terminals storage capacity outsourced into an independant building wink (which is probably what prevents you from quick decon- and reconstruction)

What if u need to upgrade independent building?

RIP PERPETUUM

A quick update on terraforming, this is what we are working on now:
http://pasteboard.co/1UFtPWko.png

The idea is to have only one terraforming ammo (for the single-tile terraforming module), and you can decide what you want it to do and in what radius with this small panel. The list shows terrain locks, so you do the settings for the locks, not the modules. (Before you ask, no we can't do it that way unfortunately.)

Should be much less painful than switching around x charge types with fixed area of effects.

Sounds good

RIP PERPETUUM

Artificial cap on terminals is not needed. The most powerful will just place them as 'sov holding' structures.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

What if u need to upgrade independent building?

Difference between Storage building and Terminals is that Terminals have limits on how many and how close together. You HAVE to decon them to upgrade.

a storage building could be first build, then the only deconstructed after moving the goods within the terminal interface.

but to be clear - i would like to see a building upgrade mechanic anyway (as it was intended with their visual progression)