Topic: Mining on Beta Islands ???

I can't find any guides to mining on beta islands, so I figured I would post here.

If there is a guide I missed, please post the link and we're done.

Elsewise,  how does one go about mining Epi on Beta islands ???

I figure I can start with a T1 fit Argano with minimal ore quantity goals so there won't be a big loss if I'm caught and killed.

But are there strategies to get in, scan, mine, get out, before detection ?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer !!!

Re: Mining on Beta Islands ???

the searching and mining process are same. The difference in that everyone will try to kill you.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

3 (edited by Norrdec 2014-07-30 08:13:07)

Remember that epi is a liquid. Argano/termis is ok, anything above has a higher risk compared to gain.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

It helps if you purchase a license from a Party-approved source.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Thanks for your input so far.

I knew that there were "license" agreements between corps.  And while Syndic indicates the existence of individual licenses, I did not think such a commodity was affordable for a single independent miner.  Nor do I have contact info for any such provider.

And I understand what Norrdec and Hunter said.  It is Hunter's comment "everybody will try to kill you" that is the topic of concern.

I was wondering about specifics : good techniques for scouting in and out, best times with fewest roaming gangs (if there is such a thing in Perp), how much time you can realistically expect to suck up Epi before being sighted/ganked, etc. 

I suppose I can just dive in and learn from the school of hard knocks...  Maybe what I really need is a link to a Perp PvP guide with a section for miners...

Honestly just contact Syndic and Mongolia Jones and an agreement can be met.  It's typically a modest fee.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Honestly just contact Syndic and Mongolia Jones and an agreement can be met.  It's typically a modest fee.

KK - thnx for the info !  This seems way better than dodging PvPers.

8 (edited by Crepitus 2014-07-30 14:11:39)

Yojimbo wrote:

I knew that there were "license" agreements between corps.  And while Syndic indicates the existence of individual licenses, I did not think such a commodity was affordable for a single independent miner.  Nor do I have contact info for any such provider.

And I understand what Norrdec and Hunter said.  It is Hunter's comment "everybody will try to kill you" that is the topic of concern.

I was wondering about specifics : good techniques for scouting in and out, best times with fewest roaming gangs (if there is such a thing in Perp), how much time you can realistically expect to suck up Epi before being sighted/ganked, etc. 

I suppose I can just dive in and learn from the school of hard knocks...  Maybe what I really need is a link to a Perp PvP guide with a section for miners...

You need multiple accounts - some combination of indy/combat/detection with maskers on your miners (at which point your field can becomes the biggest liability because you can't do *** all to improve its masking), detection scouts checking your path in and out - just as much for roaming NPC gangs of superior observers as PvPers (even a lone observer could easily kill everything), an escape plan (spotting an enemy with enough time to safe log or charge a beacon to escape, a way in that doesn't involve being spotted on a gate or tripping a probe, etc), using interzones to get to internal gates and back out undetected is probably safest but extremely expensive, and since an IZ weigh 60U you would need a Lithus at minimum to get in/out. 

Thanks to masking/detection + probes + multi-boxing gate scouts (some of which with 3rd party software that takes screenshots and waits for changes - I know FOOM was working on this more than 2 years ago, I assume it exists by now somewhere) being introduced to the game it's much more difficult than in days past.  You also have to scan down the fields without being spotted first and hope someone else isn't already there or just watching and waiting outside your detection range for you to leave and bring back juicier targets. 

$.02

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Yojimbo wrote:

You need multiple accounts - some combination of indy/combat/detection with maskers on your miners (at which point your field can becomes the biggest liability because you can't do *** all to improve its masking), detection scouts checking your path in and out - just as much for roaming NPC gangs of superior observers as PvPers (even a lone observer could easily kill everything), an escape plan (spotting an enemy with enough time to safe log or charge a beacon to escape, a way in that doesn't involve being spotted on a gate or tripping a probe, etc), using interzones to get to internal gates and back out undetected is probably safest but extremely expensive, and since an IZ weigh 60U you would need a Lithus at minimum to get in/out. 

Thanks to masking/detection + probes + multi-boxing gate scouts (some of which with 3rd party software that takes screenshots and waits for changes - I know FOOM was working on this more than 2 years ago, I assume it exists by now somewhere) being introduced to the game it's much more difficult than in days past.  You also have to scan down the fields without being spotted first and hope someone else isn't already there or just watching and waiting outside your detection range for you to leave and bring back juicier targets. 

$.02

60" tvs with 9 accounts works too.

Ville wrote:

I have sent in-game email to these two guys ... no response for over a week.

So if Syndic and/or Mr Jones are listening, how about a personal mining license for your Beta island ?

11 (edited by Burial 2014-08-05 18:51:52)

Pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel yourself subdued.

Yojimbo wrote:
Ville wrote:

I have sent in-game email to these two guys ... no response for over a week.

So if Syndic and/or Mr Jones are listening, how about a personal mining license for your Beta island ?

I've heard it being discussed.  I'll follow up on it tonight.

I can share a bit of what i did before Cons having a terminal on beta.
1st of all u will need a minimum 2 accounts , 1 termis in t1 fit > 2mil overall? more or less , i make them myself so the loss technically is close to nothing and 1 sequer , don;t go higher not worth it.
2d thing u should do before deploying is to scan 2-3 islands in a fast bot , there are a few that can do 110+ kph and find that location that is easy accessible with a interzone cause most entry gates are camped . What u should look for a field to be good , 1st of all the island itself , some are full of probes , avoid them , the field should be ~4k away from any terminal and any connecting teleports , also would be a good thing to get it close to a "gamma teleport" for easy access.
  Interzone there , or even use a standard if u want (assuming gate isn't camped) log the hauler out and start mining , once u get a decent amount of epri (~500k) log in grab loot and log out , at this point u payed for both bots . As soon as hauler is full , 1.6mil for a sequer , drop an emergency and get the hauler out to a safe terminal to unload loot . If the gate is camped (assuming u didn;t knew and went in with interzone ), u should evac with the termis aswell , cause it's 100% sure they will start detecting and roaming to find u , if not go back in with a standard and start all over again . There where times that i managed to snick ~10mil epri per 1 run like this , but u will get caught eventually.
Why use emergency , simply cause of detection range , standard can be picked from 10k , more or less , never checked , emergency acts the same way as a heavy bot , so should be ~3.4k with high skills and terminal bonus.
As u do this more often u will find new and better ways to do this and what u should be looking for . Be prepared always to die and don;t abuse 1 spot 2 many times smile .
Also if u got a 3d account , i would go for another termis rather then a detection bot . From my point of view , detection works when u own a terminal on the island otherwise it just draw more attention to yourself . The faster and the more u mine the better.
I probably missed a few things i wanted to say and there are a few that u might wanna learn them the hard way .
Take care and drive safe o/

how many runs until you have also paid off the interzones and emergency teleports ontop of those two bots?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It's basically 1 interzone to get everyone to the spot , 1.5mil , then 1 emergency  350k to get out after that i start using standards xept from the field location , i always use emergency from there. and 2 bots are lets say 4mil . So 1st haul is 1.6mil epri = lowest 10mil but it's more like 14mil . And i get a haul every 40min. It always depends on how many runs u get before fun ends. So a total of 6mil for 1st run for a ~12mil profit , after that is just pure profit or close anyway. If u don;t lose the bots it's only 2 mil in and out operation for 12 mil reward. Efficient? probably not , fun ? yeah it is . U can alpha rat and get epri or do this , it's all about what u wanna do! And tbh if u running for epri just to sell it , meh! ure better off doing something else unless u get a good run and haul a few mils of it.

Thanks Xstence!  I'll do some homework and try scanning down some fields ten go from there.