Topic: Stop wasting resources and time on gamma

Change course.

QoL features, new mechanics, new PVE, new missions, new bots, new whatever. New - not rehashed.

Key word is MONTHLY CONTENT PATCHES.

Also, remember when we told you 3 years ago you have a huge problem when it comes to communicating with players because you turtle-up while developing and we end up with months of silence and nothing? You're doing it again.

~MONTHLY CONTENT PATCHES~

P.S.

~Everything is fine~

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Re: Stop wasting resources and time on gamma

Dude, the devs have a plan. They woking on it...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Syndic wrote:

Change course.

QoL features, new mechanics, new PVE, new missions, new bots, new whatever. New - not rehashed.

Also, remember when we told you 3 years ago you have a huge problem when it comes to communicating with players because you turtle-up while developing and we end up with months of silence and nothing? You're doing it again.

P.S.

~Everything is fine~

Totally agree. *** gamma, nobody gives a ***. PVE, QOL etc etc

and for the love of god sort your communication out.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Personally i want to see Gamma finally fixed & put back in but no matter what your view point is The Silence on what is going on is a killer.

I would love to see monthly content patches but i seriously question if they have the man power to do that & work on long term coding for larger projects at the same time.

Gamma has taken far to long to get sorted out. It should have been ready to be put back into the game a few weeks after steam & we could have moved onto other pet Peeves!

Ps. making only comments in random threads about what ever isnt what I call as good communication (its a nice start) but regular DEV blogs or Video blogs can go a long way to keeping your customers happy.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I guess each time you blew up a nub crossing into your islands and he welped in despair and quit you would have said something like htfu or get over it, well it looks like your games just done the same... so.

Many of us have built clans/corps/alliances etc from the ground up through thick and thin only to see a game die, it's knowing when to move on that is the most painful (esp while you still have members left), I do hope this game isn't in its final heartbeats but I think some of you more established guys need to step back and see the writing on the wall (or the lack of it). Not sure where the blame should really rest tbh, Steam and Amsterdam didn't save the game, I'm sorry.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Personally i want to see Gamma finally fixed & put back in but no matter what your view point is The Silence on what is going on is a killer.

I would love to see monthly content patches but i seriously question if they have the man power to do that & work on long term coding for larger projects at the same time.

Gamma has taken far to long to get sorted out. It should have been ready to be put back into the game a few weeks after steam & we could have moved onto other pet Peeves!

Ps. making only comments in random threads about what ever isnt what I call as good communication (its a nice start) but regular DEV blogs or Video blogs can go a long way to keeping your customers happy.

Dev Zooms last post on features was the 7.18.14, that's like 8 days.  Calm the *** down bobo!  CALM THE *** DOWN!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Dev Zooms last post on features was the 7.18.14, that's like 8 days.  Calm the *** down bobo!  CALM THE *** DOWN!

man, don't ever complain about hungarian math. american way of typing dates is even worse....

wasn't last of zooms post something like "its not my fault, someone put a wall in my way?"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Biffa Buttocks wrote:

I guess each time you blew up a nub crossing into your islands and he welped in despair and quit you would have said something like htfu or get over it, well it looks like your games just done the same... so.

Wow, so 6 safe islands is not enough? Your tears fuel my immoratlty machine.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

I said the same thing months ago and your reply was:

Syndic wrote:

Take your time working on Gamma.

Burial wrote:

Syndic wrote:

I don't have a clue what they are doing or should be doing. They have several fundamental issues that need addressing and each is critical.

Way More Islands
PVE  & Mission update
Transportation Network & Remote Industry/Market mechanics
Gamma

I doubt they have much choice now except to finish Gamma as it appears this has been their sole endeavor these last few months. Think they're kinda screwed no matter which priority they focus on.

Too bad they're so silent, though. Leaves much for the imagination in a bad way.

Sparking to other games

11 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-27 20:26:09)

Burial wrote:

Syndic wrote:

thats DEV Syndic for you wink

Rex Amelius wrote:

I don't have a clue what they are doing or should be doing. They have several fundamental issues that need addressing and each is critical.

Way More Islands
PVE  & Mission update
Transportation Network & Remote Industry/Market mechanics
Gamma

I doubt they have much choice now except to finish Gamma as it appears this has been their sole endeavor these last few months. Think they're kinda screwed no matter which priority they focus on.

Too bad they're so silent, though. Leaves much for the imagination in a bad way.

from the last responses, they are currently fixing the turret AI and eventually something else that crashed their TEST server so hard that it is offiline for several days now.

the things you list have been criticised since early beta. And when you look at it - its like your saying the whole game is in a critical condition. wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Game is in critical condition or so appears for long time now. I guess with the sub gone Devs have little incentive to listen to vets *** about game development on the forum.

Time will tell.

In the meantime isn't everything about Jita these days? Has he saved the game yet from the evil clutches of CIR? Derail and Discuss

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Game is in critical condition or so appears for long time now. I guess with the sub gone Devs have little incentive to listen to vets *** about game development on the forum.

they could listen to the few new player that care to express their experience with the game, if those few wouldn't be supressed by vets with "learn2play" and "grow ballz" posts and such.

Annihilator wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

they could listen to the few new player that care to express their experience with the game, if those few wouldn't be supressed by vets with "learn2play" and "grow ballz" posts and such.

That's such a suppressing story. Your views as usual only reflect the extreme negative.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Time will tell.

Revenue could become an issue very soon. I don't remember last time I tossed some euros towards Perpetuum but used to do it monthly with a handful of accounts.

New players from Steam could be generating enough revenue to keep the servers afloat, or not – time will tell that too.

Back from holiday but still no Gamma. Not that we need it right now, but at least when it's finished they can focus on other more important stuff that can attract new players.

RIP PERPETUUM

17 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-07-27 23:50:03)

Syndic wrote:

Change course.

P.S.

~Everything is fine~

You wouldn't be so hard up for content if you showed at least the smallest amount of respect for other people. But it's okie dokie! Keep *** on everyone you can to get your jollys off then complain on the forums about why you have no more people to *** on for jollys... viscous cycle and all that.

Meanwhile, I'm having tons of fun in games that don't suck!

18 (edited by Aye Pod 2014-07-27 23:58:44)

Smokeyii wrote:

You wouldn't be so hard up for content if you showed at least the smallest amount of respect for other people. But it's okie dokie! Keep *** on everyone you can to get your jollys off then complain on the forums about why you have no more people to *** on for jollys... viscous cycle and all that.

Youre starting to sound butthurt Smokey. That path is a hard one to get off from.

Syndic is right. If the devs limited resources can only concentrate on one thing then I'd rather have the suggestions above. I'd hate to see them release another broken Gamma and then we'd have to wait another year to see anything else worthwhile.

Smokeyii wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Change course.

P.S.

~Everything is fine~

If you even remotely cared you would be PVEing on alpha while playing other games and not complaining about content.

Smokeyii wrote:

So the DEVs inability to talk with players, post blogs, provide patches is all Syndic faults couse he pvps and does not play the game your way..... lol, your a damn ***.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Ville wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Change course.

P.S.

~Everything is fine~

If you even remotely cared you would be PVEing on alpha while playing other games and not complaining about content.

You mean PVE while putting up with the grief tactics employed by your alliance? After the first Lobo loss that got a little dull.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

You mean PVE while putting up with the grief tactics employed by your alliance? After the first Lobo loss that got a little dull.

We can sit and complain about ships sinking, or we can grab bukkets and try to shovel it out, your choice.  I prefer to play a game and actively participate in its history and lore.

Who's gonna care about the history and lore when they suddenly switch the lights out?

This is a topic that could get the discussion going around in circles.  With that said, here is my take:

In a twisted logic sort of way, getting Gamma back is like getting new content, except it's just a revamp. 

I think this would be good.  I was in A.S.S. corp and had to take a long hiatus due to work demands.  Before I left, as a corp, we were heavily involved in building up the Gamma base on Novaya Trava (IIRC).  That was immensely fun and provided a focus and direction for cooperative game play.  I particularly liked the group beacon pit events.  But whether or not we mined, harvested, or blasted NPCs for recyclable trash loot, most resulting resources went to building up the base.

I think the return of Gamma islands would allow this again.  I just hope such a land grab would not be dominated by the power blocks... I agree with those who have said that the Gamma issue should have been resolved before STEAM, which in my way of thinking, makes it the highest priority for Dev time.

Biffa Buttocks wrote:

Who's gonna care about the history and lore when they suddenly switch the lights out?

I remember seeing 15 dudes in GC.  I got this feeling as long as there is players and a few monthly boosters this game will keep chugging along.

Perpetuum is not backed by million dollar investors looking to triple their return.  Its backed by the blood sweat and tears of a small group of guys who work tirelessly to improve on a fantastic game.

Its easy to get snarky and impatient but a sandbox is what YOU make it.  There's so much to do in game you just have to apply yourself.