Topic: disallow demob use while shield up

Suggestion:
Don't allow a player to activate their demob while their shield is up.  Same mechanic as not being able to shoot with the shield up.

Should spice things up a bit.

gl hf

+1
-Confucius

Re: disallow demob use while shield up

There's an argument for making that all ewar really. Would be a more effective ewar nerf than this dumb *** skill everyone is going to get to ten.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

This would break the game.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Ewar would die in 1... oh 2.. shots.  Always.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

watch out for the lights

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Gremrod wrote:

... and cause droughts and famine?

+1
-Confucius

OP makes suggestion to change game mechanics

OP, please explain WHY this change is NECESSARY.

What PROBLEM underlies this requested change?

Does OP's requested change address the PROBLEM (if one even exists)?

What other side effects or ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS may occur with requested change?

Are there any alternative SOLUTIONS to PROBLEM (if any problem even exists)?

...as if anything but repetitive, conclusive statements will follow. Please continue your thread/post count after COMPLETELY failing to answer any of the above.

Sparking to other games

Kaldenines wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

... and cause droughts and famine?

Maybe...

Rex Amelius wrote:

OP makes suggestion to change game mechanics

OP, please explain WHY this change is NECESSARY.

What PROBLEM underlies this requested change?

Does OP's requested change address the PROBLEM (if one even exists)?

What other side effects or ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS may occur with requested change?

Are there any alternative SOLUTIONS to PROBLEM (if any problem even exists)?

...as if anything but repetitive, conclusive statements will follow. Please continue your thread/post count after COMPLETELY failing to answer any of the above.

This ^^

I think it would make pvp more fun.

+1
-Confucius

It would effectively make 4 bots usless in a game where they already are a second choice 80% of the time. Lets just let kains one shot every light in the game.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/259846

That was at 600+ m one shot. 90m plasma in cargo. Shield woulda saved him.
Now imagine what will happen when all the lights put shields down at 215 meters or less to demob....:rolleyes:

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

13 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-07-27 01:42:00)

I am liking the sound of that big_smile

EDIT: Driving an mk1 camelion with an evasive instead of a shield is actually a lot of fun but a shield is the sensible thing to fit.

+1
-Confucius

Lobo wrote:

It would effectively make 4 bots usless in a game where they already are a second choice 80% of the time. Lets just let kains one shot every light in the game.

Not really, it's just like a tyrannos and you would have to be awake when using ewar. I think the troiar would struggle but everything else would be fine.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Even with the troiar, you would just have to use cover more and sometimes let go of your target, sound more fun / less dual-boxable to me.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

Even with the troiar, you would just have to use cover more and sometimes let go of your target, sound more fun / less dual-boxable to me.

Was thinking more about nuts than demob really

LOL

*** that nerf arbalest.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

*** that nerf arbalest.

Say it again and I swear I will shoot you accidentally.  lol

Most guys in shielded light EWAR also weight themselves down with ECM/Supp/Neuts/Drainers/Double-D's/Guns and are already self-nerfed IMHO as they travel too slow..

The guys you should be careful with do not fit a shield and do not care about getting popped as it is all part of their role and motivation.

The guys who are too lazy to use terrain, cover and LOS are also too slow and/or stupid to be a threat tbh, shielded or not.

Minus one.

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

idea is good but not complete.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

a good suggestion is to try how it would work. this is a great chance for small group (or 1-2 agent) so as not to lose his robot instantly

Just @ Game

Mmmm, I kind of like this suggestion of all ewar. It sure would add some flavor to the battlefield and make ewar pilots choose between tanking and doing their job. Instead of sitting at max range going "lololoolo suppressed. lolololol jammed ladida". With the change they'll have something else to think about and do.

"Oh ***! I'm getting shot at, better throw up the shield and move to the back!" Meanwhile the battlefield is remaining fluid and changing instead of just throwing 2 supressors on someone and having that bot on follow.

I can see why this wouldn't attracted agreement from cir and co. though as essentially it would amount to a ewar follow bot nerf, but it makes perfect sense to me as ewar is too powerful as it is, and ewar follow bots didn't share the same amount of nerfing as RR did with the follow bot nerf.

I suppose if we change no ewar going thru the shield though the next thing to think about is RR thru shield as well, so fix that as well while you're at it.

No more completely immune to heavy castel mk2's is a plus too.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

0 *** given, I hate invincible demobbing troiars and castels anyway.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

25 (edited by Inda 2014-09-05 17:51:00)

What about if the ewar is make lower the shield absrobtion a little ?

demob, ecm, supress

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD