1 (edited by Stradivar 2014-07-24 19:27:35)

Topic: EP Bomb

The two fleets came together. A massive array of weaponry and logistics formed the pinnacle of high risk PVP and bore dire consequences for the losers....

However, amongst the crowd of baying robotic voices arose a true hero who understood the true gamble of 'high risk'.

As his fleet EWARed and DPS'd his enemies, he strode forward in a manner likened to a berserk Petard and ignited himself! In the nuclear fire and brimstone that followed, all who stood in his way were obliterated. Friend or foe.

The heroics of that day were to be remembered when all who passed by the memorial crater bowed their heads and acknowledged the sacrifice that was made...

EP Bomb

The EP Bomb is a self -only NEXUS which requires massive EP commitment but in line with velocity / EWAR etc...

Once level 10, a player can choose to equip (at cost to reactor and CPU) an EP bomb which he or she can activate in the presence of enemies and COMPLETELY obliterate the battlefield of all bots within a certain radius.

Bomb activation costs 50k EP.

Crackling and fizzing graphics surround the hero as they ignite, I would suggest no more than 20 second fuse. These graphics should also be purple / black smoky-lightning effect and visible to all within 250m.

Friend or foe are ignited in a nuclear fire within 500m at level 10 which is non-avoidable and completely deadly. New melting robot graphics added.

An indelible mark is left on the Nian landscape - Craters on non-terraformed terrain; Scorch marks on built terrain.

As the Nian ages pass, history shall be told of the sacrifice which took place at that location as the fleets come and go.

These events would not happen often due to the EP commitment required (and we all know we have stuff to do with our EP) but, my oh my, they would make for good stories whether the hero obliterated their own fleet or that of their enemy.

I also doubt that any player would sacrifice 50k EP to kill NPCs.

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Re: EP Bomb

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

In think implementing something that eve deemed crazy overpowered and nerfed with everyone's agreement is a great idea.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Never played EVE. hmm

5 (edited by Tamas Vitez 2014-07-24 19:43:13)

So why suggest something that takes away DEV time to implement when you yourself think it would be rarely used if ever ?

is this a troll post ?

Industrial Junkie

6 (edited by Stradivar 2014-07-24 23:15:06)

Tamas Vitez wrote:

So why suggest something that takes away DEV time to implement when you yourself think nobody will ever use it ?

is this a troll post ?

I never gave a timescale. Neither did I suggest that nobody will use it against your puny lol-fit fleet. Please do not revisit this thread purely because I have a CIR tag, JOKE trolls.

Have a nice day.

7 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-25 03:35:02)

I'd keep a naked account accumulating EP just to nuke your unwashed hungarian *** once a month.

+ 1 great idea

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I'd keep a naked account accumulating EP just to nuke your unwashed hungarian *** once a month.

+ 1 great idea

That right there proves it's a "BAD IDEA". Especially if they ever get around to sellin EP.

They're already selling EP with boosters.

10$ for 770 EP daily.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

once the bomb has gone off, expodeded, all your EP is re-set to zero. smile

Syndic wrote:

+ 1 great idea

Just a response I expected from you, shows your IQ

Industrial Junkie

Stradivar wrote:
Tamas Vitez wrote:

So why suggest something that takes away DEV time to implement when you yourself think nobody will ever use it ?

is this a troll post ?

I never gave a timescale. Neither did I suggest that nobody will use it against your puny lol-fit fleet. Please do not revisit this thread purely because I have a CIR tag, JOKE trolls.

Have a nice day.

When I give my feedback I dont care about corp tags. Its not my fault you guys want to tailor the game to suit your needs/fantasies without caring about general population.

Industrial Junkie

It's nothing to do with tags, it's just a *** idea. Most wars are own or lost in five fights or less. Finding five accounts to do this with would not be hard for some individuals let alone alliances.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

14 (edited by Aye Pod 2014-07-26 17:39:00)

Tamas Vitez wrote:

When I give my feedback I dont care about corp tags. Its not my fault you guys want to tailor the game to suit your needs/fantasies without caring about general population.

Why dont you deflate your ego and stop thinking you are speaking for anyone but yourself. If the "General Population" has an opinion about the OP then let them speak it for themselves.

Aye Pod wrote:
Tamas Vitez wrote:

Why dont you deflate your ego and stop thinking you are speaking for anyone but yourself. If the "General Population" has an opinion about the OP then let them speak it for themselves.

I am speaking for myself. I didn't say I was speaking for anyone else.

Don't hate me cos you aint me.

Jita wrote:

Don't hate me cos you aint me.

Ha! Just from seeing your math skills, I have nothing but love for you man.

Thread and idea isn't about tailoring the game or being overpowered.

EP Bomb is an RP tool, imbeciles. Also Tamas, if you feel that taking away dev time is such a crime, and that making a suggestion is akin to a troll-post, then perhaps you should petition to have this entire sub-forum removed.

Or just stay out of this sub-forum all together.