Topic: PvP tournament

I would like to try and set up and PvP tournament between all comers. Its is only an idea at this point, but if any1 is interested feel free to speak up on this thread. No trolling or political standing will be covered or allowed consider this UN. Once enough people seem interested we will work to make this happen.

Re: PvP tournament

\o/

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Sounds like fun, I'm ears!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Ok i have made a in game chat channel that is named PvP  Tournament all who are interested in making this happen join it. The channels only rule is in that channel no politics or trolling if you do either you will be banned from the channel. This is something i seriously would like to set up and make a every six month event.

Any help you need just ask, I have the great experience of organizing quite a few of the previous player run tournaments.

Once you get more intrest let me know I'll help you sort some reward prises.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

I will come if I can!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

All are welcome Inda and if you are interested in helping just convo me in game

I will donate a heavy mech to the winner.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Corp vs Corp could be interesting but I find person vs person a bit limited.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

if enough people showed up yes 3 man teams of corp v corp would be great

+1

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

if enough people showed up yes 3 man teams of corp v corp would be great

3 would be terrible. 7 is optimal and would give a reasonable gang makeup but 5 is probably more realistic since the game is in dodo mode again.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Yes that's true 3 isn't an ideal number but you have to think not all corps can field a 7 man team in the end if we do it like that i only see CIR, 77th, JOKE, STC, PHM, CONS, and maybe CHAOS, RAD, and DOY. i respect all these corps but you also have to think about the new up and coming corps that might wanna join in on the fun. this doesn't need to be a fight in between the usual people we see on the kill boards. More like something even the little guys can enjoy and get some pvp exp from watching. That's why i said 3 the bigger corps can enter 2-3 teams while even the smaller corps can join in with 1 team and have a shot.
  thank you for your input and plz keep it coming.

I don't have 7 in phm.  Maybe ..

3*

I didn't get to participate in the first tournament but heard loads about it. I'm down for any player made content because the built in content blows #hirenewdevs

So I have been given a few ideas by our fellow players tell me witch one y'all like the best.

1. free for all tourny where everyone who enters comes in a t2 fitted Mk1 assault and all flag up at once last one standing wins.
  Personally what i find wrong with this is there will be people we wont follow the all for one rule people will team up and make sure corp wins other than that this is a solid idea
2. Corps enter as many teams of 3 people as they can enter. each team will be put into a rng and that's how the bracket will be made
   What i find wrong with this is for one as jita brought up 3 man teams is not something you can do much with. the other thing is the bigger corps will have a bigger chance to win it all, but the 3 man team system lets the smaller new corps like New Dawn and Epic Castle have a chance to come and play
3. Last one and personally my favorite is everyone participating would sing up solo all have there names in a rng and the teams of 3 made that way. Now this would take the willingness of all of the current waring groups to have a ceasefire for the weekend of the tourny.

leave your ideas and comments on the 3 that are being looked at rite now im open to any other styles than these 3 choices

18 (edited by Jita 2014-07-23 22:14:06)

IMO, and ofc opinions differ, 5 is the minimum gang you can really put something together that mirrors what pvp is supposed to be. It allows you to have roles in a way a three man doesn't.

I'd prefer a corp vs corp fight because rivalry creates interest.

I do hear what your saying about the numbers, what i would suggest is you have a 1 on 1 and 3 on 3 with t2 stuff perhaps at assault level down. This would give everyone and every corp a chance for glory. Run a 5 vs 5 bringing whatever you want (limited by a points system).

I'd also suggest that this is done on the test server - it means you dont have to worry about losses for the corps that cant aford it and the ep people have there would be equal making it skill based and not weighted toward the veterans.

jsut that the pts is still down

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

the test server idea is great but i feel like with a proper sized tourny that the test server would crash but i like your point system and the different bracket with a 3v3 one weekend and the next a 5v5 weekend but i have no idea how a point system would work and what bots would be worth what

50 points max

Heavy is 15 points
Mech is 10
Ewar mech is 13
Assault is 7
Light is 3
Ewar light is 5

mk2 + 2 points

No more than 2 of the same bot allowed

Remote energy transfers and remote repair may only be fit on one bot

so use the eve ally tourny standards

Ok so here is what i got so far
Week one the 3v3 matches will take place rules will be.

1. Assault class bots and down
2. T2 fitting with T4 frames as the only exception
3. Only one bot can have any form of reping fitted
4. Tourney is single elimination

I Have no idea what island this will take place on or what the winners/runner ups will get

Week 2 is the 5v5 matches the point system is still up for debate so no other rules are set

A friendly advice: the test server is not stable enough for this kind of event. It's actually down because it crashed.

DEV Zoom wrote:

A friendly advice: the test server is not stable enough for this kind of event. It's actually down because it crashed.

I hope the devs field a team. I want a zoom scalp.