1 (edited by Jita 2014-07-23 18:47:21)

Topic: Heavy industrial mech speed

Currently every mech and bot has a use in the game even from end game players with the exception of the laird and its mk2 varient and the termis and gargoyle.

While they cost less when used in pvp or as a ninja miner that is pretty much their only advantage.

What I would suggest is nerfing the speed of the riveler and symbiant so that they top out with a t4 frame and fit at around 55. This would give people more of a reason to think about using termis / gargoyle and its mk2 varient in all areas. It wont ofc cause a sea change but would differentiate the only class in the game that has a heavy and a mech doing the same speed.

The laird is a bit harder but perhaps give it the same geoscanning bonus as the argano so it at least gets used for that.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Heavy industrial mech speed

i agree i am new so i can say i have nearly as much exp as jita. but i have never once seen a Mk2 termis or gargoyle. The disadvantage would be pvp reason we all know that the heavy Indy mechs are also the best logi for pvp. So i don't see that kind of nerf being taken to well without a real logi bots to replace them in pvp.

wasn't that something Alf promised when he returned? to give the smaller industrial bots a reason to exist? (going straight for the riveler as new industrial is much more efficient then trying to get a termis capstable)

before the resource change, the mk2 termis had an advantage over a riveler mk1, jus like currently the gargoyle mk2 still has compared to the symbiont mk1 (you get more resources per cycle).

now the mk2 bonus on mining bots is useless.

the argano and termis mk2 could get a masking bonus and well, argano and termis should not require to fit a geoscanner instead of a geoscanner bonus.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

i agree i am new so i can say i have nearly as much exp as jita. but i have never once seen a Mk2 termis or gargoyle. The disadvantage would be pvp reason we all know that the heavy Indy mechs are also the best logi for pvp. So i don't see that kind of nerf being taken to well without a real logi bots to replace them in pvp.

you would still be able to use them, just not for every gang and thats what would see mk2 termis and gargoyles on the field.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

jita - what would you think if riveler and symbiont actually got heavy mech slope restriction... not that of an assault,
would that change something?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

it would be cool for the Mk2 indy mechs to have a use, and it would make the people using the indy mechs for logi more aware of their positioning being that they would easier to pop than the heavies.

7 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-23 21:51:45)

Disagree because it's a direct nerf to any heavy-fleet composition that moves faster then 55 by forcing them to choose between speed and RR.

Also an indirect buff to people multiboxing 3+ accounts, since it's much easier to coordinate 3+ accounts that are plated then framed - assuming they're doing it legit in the first place and not using 3rd party software that helps them move all 3 at the same time in the same direction.

If Devs are planning about balancing these, simply give them different buffs to different ores. For example, Argano could be good for mining titan/HDT (50% mining bonus with basic robotics 10), Termis could be good for mining iment/sterm/silg/liq (50% mining bonus with advanced robotics 10), Riveler could be good for epriton/colixium or whatever. That way everything is useful and used.

P.S.

Everything is fine leave it alone and go make some goddamn new content.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Annihilator wrote:

jita - what would you think if riveler and symbiont actually got heavy mech slope restriction... not that of an assault,
would that change something?

I dont think so. I see the issue now being that even a double plate frame fit rr heavy does 75ish. Compare that with the heavies who are double plate frame who do 60ish and it allows a really well tanked rr heavy to be skirmish mech speed when that really should be the role mk2 / mk1 indy mechs should be filling.

Giving it the same slope as other heavies wont help really.