Topic: Changes coming in the future ?

Hey came across tis post relating to changes coming in the future says they are being worked on so i guess they are not confirmed but its intresting ^^

http://perpetuum-online.blogspot.com/

Re: Changes coming in the future ?

Whoa, I totally forgot about that blog.

And whoa, Nia's gonna go boom.

"If you think about the previous feature as an actual weapon, go no further; we will create an item that allows you to play kamikaze, with bigger fireworks. But it will require some reactor and CPU, so no Intakt rush with explosives."

Looks like the devs took Jelan's awesome idea after all!

aoe damage is going to be fun.

I've just found these and re-uploaded them. Looks cool to me. There was a blue one too.
Yellow Arkhe
Yellow Argano

The Game

Alexander wrote:

I've just found these and re-uploaded them. Looks cool to me. There was a blue one too.
Yellow Arkhe
Yellow Argano

Just check the option "low detail robots" and your Intakt, Yagel, Sequer will turn yellow (don't know if others will do too) in your equip window smile

Here's hoping for heavy artillery firing ordnance, nuclear missile launchers, orbital lasers and flame throwers ( yes, flame throwers... )

Robots are awesome, explosions are awesome. Robots walking away in slow motion from explosions will likely melt my monitor due to sheer awesomeness.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

This should liven things up. Radial damage, that will spread the blob apart. Wouldn't want to be in an Arkhe right next to a Mech when it goes boom.

Siiiiick can't wait for these updates will change blobbing for sure

Definitely looks interesting!!! I think the ability to leverage long range bombardment will be useful for POS but it needs to be balanced with the ability for defenders to retaliate in an effective manner.

This also needs to account for blob tactics, theres a real opportunity here to make commanders tactically position their mechs, I would suggest that as long range artillery needs powerful radar to operate, this would interfere with other radar systems of their defenders leading to shorter range radar and longer locking times. The worst outcome for these mechanics is to reinforce blobbing everything together and forcing the defenders to have to take on an entire fleet in a big blob...

What I'd like to see is mech groups operating in their strengths, long range, medium range midfield control and short range assault groups, not everything in one massive blob. That would at least mean tactics and strategy, rather than pure numbers being an important factor.

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

I'm waiting for the first megablob whine that they all died due to chain reaction inside megablob and blame Avatar creation for it (and not themselves for being in megablob). Threatening to cancel subs if they don't nerf this sad

Nice one Avatar Creations. Some fun updates in the future.

Siddy wrote:

I'm waiting for the first megablob whine that they all died due to chain reaction inside megablob and blame Avatar creation for it (and not themselves for being in megablob). Threatening to cancel subs if they don't nerf this sad

This is blob vision of the Siddy. Smart players will avoid heap of the bots nearby, so blobs will be, but much bigger in area.

Alexadar wrote:
Siddy wrote:

This is blob vision of the Siddy. Smart players will avoid heap of the bots nearby, so blobs will be, but much bigger in area.

Strung out blob... i like the way this sounds.

15 (edited by Draegos 2010-12-28 21:18:12)

The only thing I do not agree with is the kamikaze thing. Rush in, blow yourself up then find yourself back in a station?  Unimaginaitive.

It would be better to introduce things like AOE pulse bombs.

Also-AOE Demobilizers, AOE Accumulator Drainers/Neuts etc. Counter with AOE support. Much more complicated, but would be more fun than the kamikaze route.

be nice to see some industry luv..

I cant wait to see the AoE weapons.
Really hope that its not just radial damage from explosions.

would like to see stuff like
- reflecting lasers (aka damage chain)
- piercing Railguns (hits others behind the target)
- swarming missiles (multiple missiles per launcher, no target lock necessary)

Death should give you an optionto stay at your last location to watch for a minute or two.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Funny things are coming big_smile I like the one with the bombs. Now make them not only timer-based but like mines. You plant them, after the timer is up they are active. When someone gets close they go BOOM, like mines. I'd love to plant some on the way between a teleporter and an outpost and then wait behind a bush for fat sequers to pass by lol

I would expect they would make the detonation bomb be too large to fit on a light bot class.

What would be equally as bad (fun?) as this is NPCs that have this ability smile

I think this is an interesting change. Even the bluff of sending an armoured Sequer towards the blob to gain their attention will have a powerful effect.

Lokked

Neoxx wrote:

Death should give you an optionto stay at your last location to watch for a minute or two.

So scouts can still scout after they are dead?

Snowstyle wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

But now they would be invisible scouts!.... Awesome....

GLiMPSE wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

They should totally just give you observer powers like in Counter Strike when you die.

Snowstyle wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:

They should totally just give you observer powers like in Counter Strike when you die.

Deal

/signed

I really hope we will see the artillery soon.
It would be nice if you could target an area more precise if you cooperate with a spotter or if you use a very powerful search radar. Using a powerful radar should make it possible for bots in the area to spot you using a passive scanner. Using a spotter in combination with some kind of NEXUS module would make it possible to lay down artillery fire without turning on a powerful search radar.

another thing that would be nice is to make it possible to have assault robots fire artillery. Imagine firing off a couple of rounds and then quickly changing position to avoid getting hammered right back. Or maybe dedicated artillery bots with high speed and low armor.
Maybe a heavier piece could be deployed by a team of smaller bots?

just my thoughts