Topic: Are we there yet?

Gamma close?

T5?

Paint?

Robots?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Are we there yet?

+,1

You forgot missions, and UI overhaul.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

You forgot missions, and UI overhaul.

UI overhaul was announced to come with the new engine... which was announced for early next year.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-15 22:18:38)

sky1 wrote:

+,1

+l

Sparking to other games

Seriously.

Hurry.

The.

Up.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … p-testing/

Notice the yellow boxes.

I don't give two ***.  This is taking way to *** long.

I know, but I'm not very exited over that patch anyway though.

Burial wrote:

I know, but I'm not very exited over that patch anyway though.

Me neither. Mission patch and demo / trial version of the game are the only things I'm bothered about as they are tthe only things I can see generating more players.

I'm still of the opinion the maps way to small.  We need triple the islands.

12 (edited by Burial 2014-07-18 01:21:03)

If assignments are done right, it's bomb diggity.

1) Array of different types.
2) Assignment booths spread on terrain.
3) Balance between Alpha and Beta rewards.

I doubt they will though

Burial wrote:

If assignments are done right, it's bomb diggity.

1) Array of different types.
2) Assignment booths spread on terrain.
3) Balance between Alpha and Beta rewards.

I want to be able to choose my mission again, I hate the random system, and honestly I agree with Jita, I don't give a *** about Gamma at all, the mission stuff needs to be done months (years?) ago.  We need carebears as a base to grow up and feed in to the woodchippers on Beta, they're dying out.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

15 (edited by Qwertyboom 2014-07-18 02:00:33)

They got a bunch of money when it went out on steam. They living high on the hog, they could care less right now. Bad patch after bad patch (err nerf) they in no hurry. When they run a little tight on cash and are back to potatoes you will see some progress.

Edit.  Crepitus is right your mission patch sucked btw. Random missions, not be able too at least have some kind of choice.

Qwertyboom wrote:

They got a bunch of money when it went out on steam. They living high on the hog, they could care less right now. Bad patch after bad patch (err nerf) they in no hurry. When they run a little tight on cash and are back to potatoes you will see some progress.

Edit.  Crepitus is right your mission patch sucked btw. Random missions, not be able too at least have some kind of choice.

I think they spent that on servers to fix the lag. Doesn't seem to have worked really.

Tonnik wrote:
Qwertyboom wrote:

I think they spent that on servers to fix the lag. Doesn't seem to have worked really.

Stop multiboxing 5 accounts in pvp.  Lag goes away quite fast.

Also use a VPN if you have lag for no reason, fixed one of our laggers who was lagging for no reason in game.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

yesterdays GC showed <100 agents, steamchart ~55

looks rather dull. and that list with all those yellow boxes is not changing either sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

19 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-07-18 21:41:59)

So honestly,  has anything improved since I stopped playing a few months ago?  I'm too lazy to go back and read through all the threads from the last couple months.  Is there any hope?

Nope. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

You can judge the health of this game just by looking at the killboard.

Even when there were relatively many kills in one month, the fact that they were almost all on one island was a dead giveaway that things were broken.  Well they are still broken in a number of very fundamental ways.

Devoting all this time to gamma is like building a beautiful cathedral on foundations laid down for a barn.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

You can judge the health of this game just by looking at the killboard.

Even when there were relatively many kills in one month, the fact that they were almost all on one island was a dead giveaway that things were broken.  Well they are still broken in a number of very fundamental ways.

Devoting all this time to gamma is like building a beautiful cathedral on foundations laid down for a barn.

I have to agree the changes being made to Gamma seem great but once AGAIN its a small part of the game. There seems to be no grand vision of how Alpha, Beta & Gamma will work & compliment each other as a whole. This has been a fundamental & on going issue for Perpetuum.
This lack of of an overall plan (or vision) for how these 3 islands types should function as a ecosystem doesnt exist. The proof of this is easy to see when you just look back thru this games history & see how many times the DEVs make disjointed & random changes to how these islands work.

In fact this is a subject I think Gremrod & I might be talking about in the next podcast.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

23 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-19 03:48:35)

There's no incentive to make the effort, invest the resources and live on Beta, so nobody except us (and we do it for the murder) does it.

+ 1 to Obi Wan, theres no plan there is just kneejerk changes.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

your always talking about incentives to "live" somewhere...
at some point, they should actually implement some incentives to play the game... (and no, i am not talking about stupid login rewards and daily achievements).

with a large percentage of the game beeing AFK activities, even browser games like "oGame" are got more PvP going.

Annihilator wrote:

your always talking about incentives to "live" somewhere...
at some point, they should actually implement some incentives to play the game... (and no, i am not talking about stupid login rewards and daily achievements).

with a large percentage of the game beeing AFK activities, even browser games like "oGame" are got more PvP going.

I play this game sololy for the forums.