Topic: the LOS

what do you think aout the now LOS calculation ?

Re: the LOS

Missiles are fine, weapons now hit invisible walls rather than the ground. You can no longer shoot downhill at all but uphill is now almost 100% sure to even pass through the terrain.

The Game

lazer still need some tweaks.
when you are in a higher position than your target you often hit the ground while you are taking hit

but it's way better than before cool

Missile los nerf was uncalled

The turret los is FUBAR

5 (edited by Blackomen 2010-11-20 07:59:11)

Was getting a bit of a laugh today when I mentioned we need to take the "lowground" in order to have the tactical advantage. lol

Edit: Doh!

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

6 (edited by Tailn 2010-11-20 10:58:06)

Blackomen wrote:

Was getting a bit of a laugh today when I mentioned we need to take the "lowground" in order to have the tactical advantage. lol

Edit: Doh!

It has been quite hard to wean my self off grabbing the high ground, but watching all my lasors hit the ground at my feet a few times whle the target is a short distance away with a ncie flat slope between us has helped me over come that some what hmm

Yea the high los on missiles was more realistics considering its a missile.  but definately its odd right now, with lasers going into the hill when on top of it and through the hill when at the bottom lol.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

The missile LOS nerf was to much.

Former CEO of X-23

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2010-11-15

• New: Line-of-sight calculations are now applied to energy drainers, energy transferers, energy neutralizers and remote armor repairers.

Devs... Why? EW bots are very weak now.

Alexadar wrote:

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2010-11-15

• New: Line-of-sight calculations are now applied to energy drainers, energy transferers, energy neutralizers and remote armor repairers.

Devs... Why? EW bots are very weak now.

No, they're not.. You're just not using them right.

The Game

11 (edited by Dr Hari Seldon 2010-11-22 03:03:51)

I should read the patch notes before I post.  (:

can't wait to test the new LOS system.

I've made some test with my corp :
With the last patch (11/23) the LOS has improved.......a little.

We are still shooting at the wind to much.
When you look with the close up view (minimal view from behind the bot) you can clearly see the target (or a big part of it) but you shoot the ground or invisible walls (corresponding to the edge of the 3D ground terrain I think).
While in the same time, missiles can shoot you over or even through hill or some obstacles.
I've made some screenshot that I’ll try to post later.

Our test was during a PVE session on a terrain not so hilly.
But nearly every time a bot go slightly near or behind a stumble the LOS calculation is going crazy and makes us shoot just in front of us or on an invisible wall near the target.