Re: What are we supposed to do on gamma?

Smokeyii wrote:

That's my point.

If the vets move to gamma and start fighting over that, their attention will be away from beta which gives new players a place to exploit for their own purposes. This is a good thing! They can get their feet wet on beta and should they desire use that to fuel their push for their own gamma. All good for the game.

the point is, how do you get vets to MOVE out to gamma? they will still keep their assets in that next indestructible Terminal on beta for a very obvious reason.
And for save transports of their goods in those hydrogen-filled-zeppelin-bots, they will make sure to "own" those betas.

This comes with the fact that most gamma islands will only be max 2 interzone teleport away from beta anyway

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I KIND OF agree with you on the first part Celebro, but the second part I disagree. Gamma SHOULD have the best, and by far the best, exactly because of the risk required to build and maintain a gamma base.

Self sufficiency should be a main feature to gamma IMO, but the last iteration of gamma made it close to impenetrable.

Basically gamma should be an island you can build a base on, and be FAIRLY safe within, lets say 2km of that base. (I.e you can protect your investment and yourself with turrets). That doesn't mean wall off the island and make it to where it takes 12 hours of terraforming to get a fleet on it. For your risk (i.e billions of nic worth of base assets) you should enjoy the best ratting, mining and production. Seems pretty simple to me from a philosophical standpoint.

78 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-13 01:17:28)

Smokeyii wrote:

I KIND OF agree with you on the first part Celebro, but the second part I disagree. Gamma SHOULD have the best, and by far the best, exactly because of the risk required to build and maintain a gamma base.

Self sufficiency should be a main feature to gamma IMO, but the last iteration of gamma made it close to impenetrable.

Basically gamma should be an island you can build a base on, and be FAIRLY safe within, lets say 2km of that base. (I.e you can protect your investment and yourself with turrets). That doesn't mean wall off the island and make it to where it takes 12 hours of terraforming to get a fleet on it. For your risk (i.e billions of nic worth of base assets) you should enjoy the best ratting, mining and production. Seems pretty simple to me from a philosophical standpoint.

I'm not in favour of higher industry on gamma for the simple reason of giving too much self sufficiency to one type of island alpha-beta-gamma should complement each other, so the whole player base has a role to play no matter how small. As I remember, during the last year of gamma 1.0, alpha was vastly empty and didnt play a role, however this does not mean depriving any important manufacturing resource (like Epriton) on any pvp areas.

Edit: We would have to see how safe gamma will be though but if players don't start losing terminals then the attackers will whine that its broken. If terminals start blowing up left right and centre then the bonuses for gamma industry would be meaningless, as no one would risk vast amounts of industrial activity on gamma and would keep assets rather low or not build bases at all!

RIP PERPETUUM

- If the 10-20% facility boost isn't enough for you, don't build on Gamma.
- if you can't defend it, don't build on Gamma.

- If 10-20% facility is enough, build on Gamma.
- If you think you can defend it, build on Gamma.

Thats it.

You've been posting the same posts full of pretty little unique ideas for 2 years now. It won't happen. Get over it.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I just want 100 X 100 Nora plantation.  That's all I am interested in.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

81 (edited by Burial 2014-07-13 08:30:55)

We are months into development of new Gammas and people see the light. Good luck with that.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … mporarily/

As it is currently Gamma will be in the same *** state as before and it won't be the aid to game repopulation it should be. I'm beginning to agree with the people who say it should have been binned and PVE content prioritised.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

83 (edited by Burial 2014-07-13 12:31:51)

Lobo wrote:

3rd was beacons but....... fuuu fuuu

Running beacons, sure, but let's not forget that assignment part two was supposed to seriously hinder the rate at which beacons could be acquired. At some point it's just not efficient getting tokens by assignments / buying beacons vs the payment you get from them; we are already close to that point despite what some people say.

Syndic wrote:

Take your time working on Gamma.

There's no need to change or add anything, anyone who was the capability will see the industrial benefit in the 10-15% cumulative bonus on refining, prototyping, reverse-engineering, factory, recycling. Simply put, producing on Gamma is a lot cheaper and easier then on Beta, nevermind on Alpha.

Fix the terraforming and the MPC system so it's not broken and exploit-friendly & abuse-friendly and there will be plenty of people who want their own little base.

Gamma will also largely fix power projection with spark teleports (indirect buff to Alpha/Beta/newbie corps).

Syndic wrote:

>>>THIS IS ME SPEAKING FROM THE FUTURE<<<

- Gamma will be put in and it will be horribly broken
- Nobody will risk building a base and will just spam standard terminals
- Some corps will pressure Devs into moving epriton to Gamma
- I will laugh a lot over the coming weeks and months

Not pointing any fingers, just wondering what changed your opinion?

Syndic wrote:

Epriton does not belong on Gamma and was removed for a very valid reason.

Naturally, since I can see the future and I'm familiar with how the Devs work, it will most certainly be re-added to Gamma then removed later on once it becomes apparent that the reason valid mere months ago is still valid.

Agreeing with that. The 'asset denial' etcetera is another breed of problems and should be dealth with seperately.

Celebro wrote:

I thought they should eventually remove Epriton from beta, once a good mission system is added with plenty of rewards, that should leave new players that want to venuture out on pvp zones more space whilst the vets battle it out on gamma. Beta can act a good role as a buffer zone and mission hubs. Mining has never worked well on beta as an incentive.

That's not going to work. Gammas do not currently have the content to keep vets distracted.

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

My fix would be that deconstructing a terminal wouldn't give you back anything other than storage contents.

Well that works if you double terminal build costs and you lose the terminal and blocks on decon. An epi spawn is around 450m nic and base cost currently is around 100.

Bear in mind that using cost to balance never really works. the 1km around a station fix would work better.

Indeed, the 100mil lost is nothing compared to a fleet of MK2 Rivelers.

Syndic wrote:

Domhalarn is a "turtle island" without turrets.

Please, tell me more how it's a turtle island.

Rex Amelius wrote:

Reshuffling the deck with Epi on Gamma is not gonna make the game better. Collixium is the best FIRST answer to incentives for Gamma.

This. Devs, just don't flat out make it better than the current items we have. Good with bad is the key to balance!

So the consensus is that Gamma should be rolled out with no incentives other than the stuff the magic unicorn imaginary devs that don't exist are going to have ready.

And production bonuses.

Woot?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

85 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-13 14:18:17)

Syndic wrote:

- If the 10-20% facility boost isn't enough for you, don't build on Gamma.
- if you can't defend it, don't build on Gamma.

- If 10-20% facility is enough, build on Gamma.
- If you think you can defend it, build on Gamma.

Thats it.

You've been posting the same posts full of pretty little unique ideas for 2 years now. It won't happen. Get over it.

Well, guess what, my opinion on what would make the game better has not changed. Get over it!

RIP PERPETUUM

Dude it took them a year and a half to develop the tutorial island. Wake up and smell the real.

@ Burial

Nothing changed my mind, I'd still build a base just for the facility bonuses.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Jita wrote:

As it is currently Gamma will be in the same *** state as before and it won't be the aid to game repopulation it should be. I'm beginning to agree with the people who say it should have been binned and PVE content prioritised.

This, +100000000

Especially since we're, what, 4 months into the project with no end in sight, and the end we do see is looking rather dull. Time that could have been spent on adding pve content that could have a chance at retaining a larger number of players.

88 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-13 18:58:16)

considering how long it takes for those few gamma changes, i wonder if they are parallel working on something else.

Currently still open are:
-Turret Emergency mode (Alf)
-Construction radius limit (Alf)
-Terminal limit (Alf)
-minimum 4 teleports (Map Generator, Coder)
- Turret balance (Alf)
-deployable wall revamp (damage mitigation, Coder)
- gates (Coder)
- Turret group AI (Coder)
- Creep (aka concrete not degrading around your bases, Coder)
- Mining Towers as Fuel generators for reactors. (Coder)
- mineral spawning dynamics (Coder)

together with the highway emitter, those are a few mechanic changes (coder) together with lots of work for Alf Afterwards.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

considering how long it takes for those few gamma changes, i wonder if they are parallel working on something else.

Currently still open are:
-Turret Emergency mode (Alf)
-Construction radius limit (Alf)
-Terminal limit (Alf)
-minimum 4 teleports (Map Generator, Coder)
- Turret balance (Alf)
-deployable wall revamp (damage mitigation, Coder)
- gates (Coder)
- Turret group AI (Coder)
- Creep (aka concrete not degrading around your bases, Coder)
- Mining Towers as Fuel generators for reactors. (Coder)
- mineral spawning dynamics (Coder)

together with the highway emitter, those are a few mechanic changes (coder) together with lots of work for Alf Afterwards.

How long until the anni forum filter comes out?  You know the one the devs are using....can we have it too?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... until peanut finds a way to break it at least. Then we'll get another half-assed fix that screws the rest of the game, and we'll be able to thank you lot for it.

Smokeyii wrote:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... until peanut finds a way to break it at least. Then we'll get another half-assed fix that screws the rest of the game, and we'll be able to thank you lot for it.

Yes its our fault the Devs couldn't learn how to balance a game. All ours. You've gotten real whiney Smokey. I want the old Smokey back.

Tund Bungler wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

Yes its our fault the Devs couldn't learn how to balance a game. All ours. You've gotten real whiney Smokey. I want the old Smokey back.

What you call "whiney" I call righteous indignation in the face of slanderous hypocrisy. The sand you play with is the same sand the rest of us play with, only we choose not to hoard the whole sandbox, throw sand in the eyes of the other kids in the sandbox, or find ways to add rocks to the sand. 

(In lay-man's terms, for you simpleminded folk, we play the same game as you, yet choose not to break it whenever and however we can, just for *** and giggles.)

You don't "choose" not to hoarde the whole sandbox; you can't even take a single beta station. You recruited the bottom of the barrel in this game and now they've all quit now that you've lost. Big surprise.

And yes, if you can't even address Syndic by his name and not some stupid rivals.com pun don't expect us to continue to stop throwing sand anytime soon. But by all means keep your acting like *** and expect to not get backlash for it.

Tund Bungler wrote:

You don't "choose" not to hoarde the whole sandbox; you can't even take a single beta station. You recruited the bottom of the barrel in this game and now they've all quit now that you've lost. Big surprise.

And yes, if you can't even address Syndic by his name and not some stupid rivals.com pun don't expect us to continue to stop throwing sand anytime soon. But by all means keep your acting like *** and expect to not get backlash for it.

Could parrot all those words right back at you along with the "You started it" but what good would it do? You'll just let your puppetmaster pull your strings and spout more nonsense.
'

And what exactly have we "lost"? From what I can see JOKE is still more active than you guys of late.

Open the game and press M. Zoom and scroll to you heart's content.

Let little smokeii be, he has lost and must blame some one, its his reflex.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Smokeyii wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

What you call "whiney" I call righteous indignation in the face of slanderous hypocrisy. The sand you play with is the same sand the rest of us play with, only we choose not to hoard the whole sandbox, throw sand in the eyes of the other kids in the sandbox, or find ways to add rocks to the sand. 

(In lay-man's terms, for you simpleminded folk, we play the same game as you, yet choose not to break it whenever and however we can, just for *** and giggles.)

oh really?  So you don't aghem "crash on gates"?  Seths never disappeared?  Your actions speak louder than your forum trolls.

Ville wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:

oh really?  So you don't aghem "crash on gates"?  Seths never disappeared?  Your actions speak louder than your forum trolls.

infinite seqeur

10,000,000  U lithus mk2?

Ville wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:

Like I said before, if that's the best you can come up with for a character assassination, keep trying buddy boy. You guys consistently try to break the game for your own benefit. At least when people on our side find a bug they report it --- AND THEN DONT USE IT. So yeah, please try to come up with some new better material... oh wait, you won't because you can't, as I'm not like you. So go teach a bible camp or something.