Topic: DEV Zoom front page?

Nothing on the front page of the site jumps out to me as a visitor that says no more subscription only one time buy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwaykz … sp=sharing

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: DEV Zoom front page?

I wouldn't worry about the website being used to sell the game.  Chance of a random getting to the website who may buy is small.  Chance of someone who may buy seeing the game on steam...very high.

Benefit of steam if that its a great advertising platform.  They need to work on getting the game on steam front page as much as possible.  Do it by dropping EA (when its ready), then with a sale, then with major content updates (more than once a year)

I would just use the main site as a reference tool from this point on.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the website being used to sell the game.  Chance of a random getting to the website who may buy is small.  Chance of someone who may buy seeing the game on steam...very high.

Benefit of steam if that its a great advertising platform.  They need to work on getting the game on steam front page as much as possible.  Do it by dropping EA (when its ready), then with a sale, then with major content updates (more than once a year)

I would just use the main site as a reference tool from this point on.

Good point.... But I would still place something there anyway.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

4 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-03 19:06:07)

Good point Gremrod!.

In regards the EA tag, I think it's a good marketing tool. There are many good games out there on EA and many that I have tried I have enjoyed. In a way it's an interesting way that you are part of a game and that can give feedback and help it grow, also from trying it early.

May put some people off, but many others like me like early access.

RIP PERPETUUM

Bump, Great Idea!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

All I can say is promote the game any way possible. Advertising is pretty weak unless it is someone in game referring the game to their friends. I wouldn't be surprised if almost half the new accounts created that last more than a day or two are actually alts of current players.

Gwyndor wrote:

All I can say is promote the game any way possible. Advertising is pretty weak unless it is someone in game referring the game to their friends. I wouldn't be surprised if almost half the new accounts created that last more than a day or two are actually alts of current players.

after that initial influx with steam launch yeah you might be right.
http://steamcharts.com/app/223410
ill bet half of those are at least existing vets or alt accounts

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+,1

I agree, however for the record, I did not read anything, and hitting + 1 was to mucgh work, +1

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp