Topic: Squad Relations

I just did a couple missions for the first time in 3 1/2 years.  It used to be that when you accepted missions for a squad it shared the money AND the relation rep.  It now seems to only share the money which makes it pointless to be in a squad. 

I'm assuming this is a bug (and an ugly one at that) since it would mean that you have no reason to group with anyone ever and especially not someone doing different missions or at different mission levels.  The money is *** from missions anyway it's always been about rep (and I guess tokens now since the ammo doesn't come out on its own anymore).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Squad Relations

Best PVE content ever!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Crepitus 2014-07-12 02:43:15)

Ville wrote:

Best PVE content ever!

Yes.  I like the clever use of having exactly 2 starting missions for **COMBAT** where 1 is *** artifact scanning.  Also the mission text has bugs doesn't update properly and gets cut off on the screen, the respawn rate is horrendously slow even though I was completely alone and it only spawns at a maximum 3 at a time meaning you ALWAYS have to wait.  These are kill 4 drones missions for brand new players (Crepitus has .42 ICS).  Very ugly.

If this was the first *** I encountered coming in to the game I'm not sure I'd have endured it and most likely would have quit.  Totally serious.  People are used to having their hands held when they're brand new and shiny well polished content out of the box (although I have to admit the old tutorial just ended abruptly and you were left in your diaper sitting out in the cold to figure *** out on your own, which worked, at least for me), even EVE's starter missions aren't this bad and EVE is duller than wet cardboard.

EDIT: The missions I ran before were 3 guys in the golden triangle transport which was actually decent money, ammo, and good reputation gains and while boring (no autopilot smile) at least had some incentive.  At least this little taste of Nuimquol starter combat missions is a step backwards.  This is DEFINITELY hurting new player retention if all of the start stuff is this bad.

EDIT3:  I forgot to mention the awesome, what was it, 3 hours? 20% income nerf because I dropped the first artifact mission, which persists even after the next mission was completed?  Way to use a stick with no carrot trying to cram some horrible content down someone's throat, as if the relation loss wasn't bad enough.  FFS (no, this money nerf doesn't matter to me at all but it sure does to that newbie who is very proud of doing enough missions at 10k nic to break their first million).

Just going to leave this here.  I'm absolutely convinced after that terrible PvE experience that what I wrote is at the root of these numbers.  The new tutorial is actually pretty good and much better than the old one.  It's too bad that it ends there.

EDIT5: FIXING STUFF LIKE THIS TO MAKE PVE NOT SUCK *** SHOULD BE YOUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY, NOT GAMMA!!!!!!!!!  GET BACK TO BASICS. 

More carebears = more targets (eventually).  There are a lot of predators out here and we're running low on prey and only feed on each other for so long..

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Are you sure that all squad members were supposed to get relations based on their current relations? (For example if someone has a relation above 2 and does a level 1 assignment then he won't get any relation.)

5 (edited by Crepitus 2014-07-12 02:49:11)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Are you sure that all squad members were supposed to get relations based on their current relations? (For example if someone has a relation above 2 and does a level 1 assignment then he won't get any relation.)

One of the other guys in squad is definitely above level 1.  I can't check the other one at the moment.  That's a bad mechanic anyway.  Higher level assignments should give better gains.  Lower levels less.  Maybe both relative to each other, but not nothing at all.  My production guy who has 3.72 should have gotten *something* even it wasn't much.

EDIT2:  Which brings me to another point, why can't I see my current standings in some way under Relations?  Why must I be docked?

Population graphs

you get ... artifact scanning for combat, transport & industrial missions ... I don't mission anymore! roll

neutral

Crepitus wrote:

One of the other guys in squad is definitely above level 1.  I can't check the other one at the moment.  That's a bad mechanic anyway.  Higher level assignments should give better gains.  Lower levels less.  Maybe both relative to each other, but not nothing at all.  My production guy who has 3.72 should have gotten *something* even it wasn't much.

you won't get any standing for missions two levels below your current standing. Thats similar to how most games do that.
though, most games make your "levels" need exponentially more points, perp makes you get exponentially* less points for lower those out of your range and keep the levels linear.

*exponentionally is not right, the formula is sinus based wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I told the Devs to finish the Mission system before the beginner virtual islands. That half done job for missions has been your downfall, and has left a bad impression on Steam users. The older mission system was much better than this half completed pile of ***.

RIP PERPETUUM

So I suppose this isn't a bug then, but a feature discussion, moved.

DEV Zoom wrote:

So I suppose this isn't a bug then, but a feature discussion, moved.

Play your game.  It will likely drastically change your perception.

Population graphs

Your 'missions' are boring and lackluster, and, exceedingly repetitive ... you get the same mission 5 times in a row. They soon become another reason not to play!

Miyiki wrote:

Your 'missions' are boring and lackluster, and, exceedingly repetitive ... you get the same mission 5 times in a row. They soon become another reason not to play!

This *1000, if I didn't PvP, I would have unsubscribed a LONG time ago, PvE is terrible in this game, pointless infact.

*cough*

Population graphs

I wish personal relation didn't get applied to a beacon someone dropped.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Yeah, I've witnessed first hand the damage the shoddy mission content does to our beloved Perpetuum. It really needs a polish (and no more artifact scanning please);)