1 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:40:14)

Topic: NPC bug abuse

Deleted because I don't have a hungarian in my corp.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Re: NPC bug abuse

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:40:22)

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Syndic wrote:

DEV Zoom,

Support robots do not gain ANY aggro from remote-repairing, energy transferring, or remote sensor amplifying someone.

In theory aggro is currently generated for (remote) armor repair, (remote) sensor amplifier, suppressor, demobilizer, and all weapons. If this is not happening then that's a bug, not an intentional thing.

There are many people (screenshots can be provided) using support bots without any kind of shielding or supervision on Alpha to provide immortality to DPS heavy mechs who endlessly farm spawns & beacons.

The NPC's do not generate hate.

This is no longer an issue of mechanics. Now this is bug abuse, pure and simple.

And it's being abused like there's no tomorrow. lol

Wasn't even aware this wasn't intended tbh but I'm doing it right now :-)

Needs a fix then.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

5 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:40:31)

CIR Complaint Form

6 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-07-08 21:08:13)

u mad bro?

-> Syndic's fault <-

This is the result of the orange bot change many months ago, so blame your lackeys for ruining yet another aspect of this game.

Afaik it's been that way for months since they changed the red spawn on alpha thing. If you do fix it zoom make a post or some *** because there's some bears gonna lose a follow bot or two :-)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

8 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-08 22:54:12)

Nothing to see here. It's not a big deal. No arkhes were even killed in the crushing of this bug!

Devs have far more important matters to work on like getting Gamma relaunched so I can invest BILLIONS on bases so I can create pits so I can burn up all my beacons while carefully ensuring that none die to explosion damage.

Please do no slow down my ROI from Gamma.

Sparking to other games

Syndic wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Syndic wrote:

DEV Zoom,

Support robots do not gain ANY aggro from remote-repairing, energy transferring, or remote sensor amplifying someone.

In theory aggro is currently generated for (remote) armor repair, (remote) sensor amplifier, suppressor, demobilizer, and all weapons. If this is not happening then that's a bug, not an intentional thing.

There are many people (screenshots can be provided) using support bots without any kind of shielding or supervision on Alpha to provide immortality to DPS heavy mechs who endlessly farm spawns & beacons.

The NPC's do not generate hate.

This is no longer an issue of mechanics. Now this is bug abuse, pure and simple.

And it's being abused like there's no tomorrow. lol

hmm, two years ago, even when all NPCs automatically attacked anything that came close, my support bot didn't need any special "shielding" either, because anything that could attack it, died under the DPS from my fully buffed seth mk2 before it could finish its lockcycle.
(Took a hiatus from playing because i started to fall asleep while farming)

a year later, all npcs turned orange, so only those from the same spawner aggroed my combat robot, and i could pick up loot without a third account.
(took another hiatus from playing because i could not even concentrate long enough to fill my two heavy mechs (combat + support) cargos, before falling asleep)

now, what has changed since then that made it even easier to farm those npcs on alpha that you call abuse? If i remember right, farming now requires even more manual input due to all weapons deactivating everytime you switch primary or your target is lost/destroyed. auto-primary and auto cycling weapons onyl required me to lock targets faster then they die (ift they spawned fast enough)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

farming now requires even more manual input due to all weapons deactivating everytime you switch primary

A terrible, yet unrelated, QoL change from over year ago.

Devs screwed up a brilliantly fluid mechanic because "they had to" fix something *** from a 6-post thread in 2011 or 2012. It was yet another example of them inadvertently destroying good mechanics to fix 'problems' somewhere else. Don't even get me started on that stupid change.

Sparking to other games

11 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-09 00:05:21)

yeah, if i remember it right, it was something about fixing that casual one additional cycle that weapons did and consuming ammo despite not shooting.
the fix then broke it completely, and then the ultimate bandaid fix was to simply deactivate all all weapons when the target explodes.

but the current itteration that all modules stop cycling when you SWITCH primary came out of nowhere. i could live with it if i those
+1
modules would remmeber the non-autocycle option.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Zoom you can lock this topic, after reading your posts I've changed my mind and decided we're gonna keep making money.

o/

CIR Complaint Form

Free moneh bioteches!

+1

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

14 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-07-09 12:50:21)

Working as intended, nothing to see here.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Close the topic please, everything is fine forget I ever mentioned it.

CIR Complaint Form

16 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-07-09 12:48:12)

Close topic

Everything is fine

CIR Complaint Form

tbh i think the devs should just just leave it. What difference would it make but making you change your RR fit slightly?

everything is fine don't change anything

and close the topic

CIR Complaint Form

Rage edited his post before i could quote it. I'm very dissapoint. Much tears.

http://i.imgur.com/BYq21.gif

21 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-07-09 12:48:29)

Syndic wrote:

Close the topic please, everything is fine forget I ever mentioned it.

Since apparently my other post disappeared, maybe I forgot to hit submit reply or something, but I must say, I love it when Sinny admits defeat.