Re: Distress beacon abuse

Remember Badass posting a thread that more Alphas are needed?  That's what happens when there's 0 incentives to hunt npcs on beta.  All the vets goto alpha and push noobs off spawns.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

127 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-08 21:50:47)

why do I bother?

Sparking to other games

You aren't making more money on alpha than on beta when using bombs worked. You say you have been farming alpha but I have yet to see it and if you were making better money there then why were you doing beacons on beta to begin with? Your logic is not very logical.

Gwyndor wrote:

You aren't making more money on alpha than on beta when using bombs worked. You say you have been farming alpha but I have yet to see it and if you were making better money there then why were you doing beacons on beta to begin with? Your logic is not very logical.

hes just metagaming the devs to try to get it nerfed. Obvious Syndic is obvious.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

130 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:39:05)

Deleted because I don't have a hungarian in my corp.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Gwyndor wrote:

It's because they're not, and it's all just forum warriors pvping with devs.

All this talk about alpha is just a smoke and mirrors trick anyways, as still --- BY FAR --- THE BEST  --- nic per hour is mining epriton, with nora farms a close second, the first which can ONLY be done on beta and the 2nd which is much better on beta provided you can protect the plants.

Sindick is just mad that we've been blowing up their mechs on gates and there's nothing he can do about it. We don't own a beta he can come and take. We haven't been mining on beta, so he can't gank us there. They were called out on abusing plasma bombs and beacons, and since there's nothing ingame they can do to get back at us, they're trying to get the devs to nerf alpha.

QQ moar.

I would really like to know what mechanics have been changed recently on ALPHA that makes you now able to make more money than before and triggered this "abuse crusade" of yours on the forum.

If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already.

133 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:39:19)

Deleted because I don't have a hungarian in my corp.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Shows how unimaginative you are. big_smile

Grind them alpha spawns little peasants, 20M an hour is good money don't let anyone tell you otherwise. lol lol lol

When i knew something was wrong I detailed what you could do so they could try and fix it. Why dont you do the right thing for once and enlighten us all so that we can fix stuff

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

135 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-08 22:15:51)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Therefore it's ok? Fantastic.

When I have some time I'll fire up all my accounts and start grinding NPCs while watching TV. No need for ECCM in support bot. No need for shield hardeners. I just fit all rep tuners (full stacks baby!) and no worries about being shot or jammed as I rep my combat. Go grab a coffee when I'm bored cause it's not hard to calculate the rep per seconds I need. Come back target...kill...target...kill. Hey perhaps with all this extra free time I will google some botting programs or make one myself. I only have to worry about targetting and killing and scooping loot with combat. The support bots are already on autopilot.

Hey, it's been there for months so it must be ok.

It's a good thing we're working hard to eliminate multi-account abuse issues since the Follow Nerf. Another unintended consequence lol

+1

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

When I have some time I'll fire up all my accounts and start grinding NPCs while watching TV. No need for ECCM in support bot. No need for shield hardeners. I just fit all rep tuners (full stacks baby!) and no worries about being shot or jammed as I rep my combat. Go grab a coffee when I'm bored cause it's not hard to calculate the rep per seconds I need. Come back target...kill...target...kill. Hey perhaps with all this extra free time I will google some botting programs or make one myself. I only have to worry about targetting and killing and scooping loot with combat. The support bots are already on autopilot.

Hey, it's been there for months so it must be ok.

It's a good thing we're working hard to eliminate multi-account abuse issues since that pesky Follow Nerf.

but using arkhes to make a billion an hour is fine guys its fine!

Rex Amelius wrote:

I didn't say that, I just don't get the sudden outrage over this.

138 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-08 22:20:58)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

I didn't say that, I just don't get the sudden outrage over this.

"Sudden" outrage comes from two places:
1.) after Beta Beacons not worth running people look for next best option and discover that Alpha is even easier than it used to be to run beacons. As eyes focus to Alpha, bugs come under spotlight. Simple.
2.) -> Jita's fault <- for showing us the way in Alpha

Sincerely I think you should keep it the way it is. I would much more likely start PVEing again if I could treat it like mining.

Even if it is a Bug. I like it. Until you actual FIX incentives on Beta / Gamma

Sparking to other games

Syndic wrote:

I'm saying we've been making more money post-patch then pre-patch because the adjustment of certain mechanics allows us to do what we weren't able to do before.

And the amount of money we're making is absolutely gobsmacking ridiculous.

And that's "gobsmacking ridiculous" compared to doing ~160 beacons an hour as we were before for months pre-patch.

I would mine epriton instead. It makes you ~200m per hour as you have said in other threads. I personally would use a beta as a source of manufacturing and epriton mining, not so much for pve post NPC aoe change but it would still be worth the risk in my opinion

Jita wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Mechanics Stuff completely unrelated to arkhes

but using arkhes to make a billion an hour is fine guys its fine!

Teacher, teacher. Johnny pinched me.

Sparking to other games

Gwyndor wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I'm saying we've been making more money post-patch then pre-patch because the adjustment of certain mechanics allows us to do what we weren't able to do before.

And the amount of money we're making is absolutely gobsmacking ridiculous.

And that's "gobsmacking ridiculous" compared to doing ~160 beacons an hour as we were before for months pre-patch.

I would mine epriton instead. It makes you ~200m per hour as you have said in other threads. I personally would use a beta as a source of manufacturing and epriton mining, not so much for pve post NPC aoe change but it would still be worth the risk in my opinion

I have not done the math on Mining epi versus grinding beacons/spawns on Alpha.

I just know that on Beta I can't walk away for 10 minutes whenever I feel like it.

Plus My combat does not mine so well. Are you saying that we should all have MORE accounts? What happened to specialization? P2W etc etc etc

Sparking to other games

Zoom you can lock this topic, after reading your posts I've changed my mind and decided we're gonna keep making money.

o/

CIR Complaint Form

143 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-07-09 12:50:01)

Working as intended, nothing to see here.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

You guys just like complaining I think. No matter what, you can always find a reason to *** and moan because CIR or whoever is actually playing and having a little fun. Undock and get after it.. nothing stopping you from playing the GAME!

145 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-07-09 12:49:38)

Working as intended, nothing to see here.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Zoom do you even play the game?

I can go on alpha, sit there with a support bot, zero pvp risk, and pop beacons.  When I kill the bots they don't do aoe damage so I never lose loot to that.

OR

I can go to beta, be vulnerable to pvp, and to top it off, explosion damage removes loot.

I get less.  Will be the same for gamma...only on gamma there wont be the epriton reason to be there.

In fact...what will be the point of gamma?

Right now the absolute safety of alpha makes it the best place to do everything BUT epriton (which you could theoretically just buy from the HDT NPC order money printer)

Beacons are safer and yield more via no aoe explosion loot removal, ores are all safer I can just sit on them and eat a sandwich and watch tv,

I don't think Zoom understands risk vs reward.  If people are going to risk robots in pvp areas to do stuff, and theres a 100% safe alternative for doing those same actions....why would you choose to do it in a pvp area?  Think about that zoom.  Then think "what will be the reward for risking billions of nic on gamma when you cant even farm Epriton (the only reason to be in beta btw)"?

I like alpha being safe, but all the reward is missing from the part of the game with risk.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

The QQ is strong in this thread.

Seriously. It's a good mechanic (for me). Please leave it alone.

Also think of new steam players. It's not fair to them to make a difficult game even harder.

If a change is needed put it at end of a very long list of other priorities. Please, let me get my Nic on yo

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Seriously. It's a good mechanic (for me). Please leave it alone.

Also think of new steam players. It's not fair to them to make a difficult game even harder.

If a change is needed put it at end of a very long list of other priorities. Please, let me get my Nic on yo

As a new player, it gets boring fast...

Close the topic please, everything is fine forget I ever mentioned it.

CIR Complaint Form