Re: Beacon activation and ownership

Ville wrote:

Its about nic/hour versus risk.  A fitted Mesmer MK2 costs round 150 million + Logi round 75 million + transport 50 million.  The good spawns are in the middle of the island or far corners.  I risk a quarter billion Nic to farm.  With interzones and log offs its not worth it.  Take into account explosions causing light bots not procing a can, sad .  I used to farm observers and caravans, they dropped T4 and beacons.  But the beacons aren't worth farming.  Its just not worth it.

If this is really true, then the game is in a really bad state... Beta doesn't seem to offer anything to players besides PvP. I really hope the overhaul of Gamma brings back some kind of interesting place besides Alpha... I love living in nullsec in Eve and I think I'd be very happy on Gamma.

Gamma will not offer anything because just as Beta is inferior to Alpha, Gamma will be inferior to Beta.

Best place in the game atm is Alpha in perfect safety.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Gamma will not offer anything because just as Beta is inferior to Alpha, Gamma will be inferior to Beta.

Plenty of room to come do beacons with us on alpha since they are so OP.

Kim Cho wrote:
Ville wrote:

Its about nic/hour versus risk.  A fitted Mesmer MK2 costs round 150 million + Logi round 75 million + transport 50 million.  The good spawns are in the middle of the island or far corners.  I risk a quarter billion Nic to farm.  With interzones and log offs its not worth it.  Take into account explosions causing light bots not procing a can, sad .  I used to farm observers and caravans, they dropped T4 and beacons.  But the beacons aren't worth farming.  Its just not worth it.

If this is really true, then the game is in a really bad state... Beta doesn't seem to offer anything to players besides PvP. I really hope the overhaul of Gamma brings back some kind of interesting place besides Alpha... I love living in nullsec in Eve and I think I'd be very happy on Gamma.

Kim, that's what we been trying to tell people in 5 threads but since only two alliances living on Beta, not everyone understands what we mean.  Its not a we want to make more money, its there's no *** reason to live there but to mine Epi!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Kim, that's what we been trying to tell people in 5 threads but since only two alliances living on Beta, not everyone understands what we mean.  Its not a we want to make more money, its there's no *** reason to live there but to mine Epi!

Well, I'm fairly new. I played for 2 months in.. 2011? 2012 or something. I know I was in an alliance was active on Beta and had a Gamma outpost (as a matter of fact, my logi-alt still has tons of stuff in one of the beta stations... sad ).

Now I seem to understand the underlying problem though. Thanks for that!

Kim Cho wrote:
Ville wrote:

Well, I'm fairly new. I played for 2 months in.. 2011? 2012 or something. I know I was in an alliance was active on Beta and had a Gamma outpost (as a matter of fact, my logi-alt still has tons of stuff in one of the beta stations... sad ).

Now I seem to understand the underlying problem though. Thanks for that!

Glad you understand man.

Syndic wrote:

Gwyndor wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Syndic logic =

Beacons are OP on alpha when you have to shoot them. Beacons are not OP on beta when you can use explosion damage to do them 10X as fast.

Beacons on alpha are done with zero risk. Beacons on Beta sat 500m from a station in double plate heavies is risk.

People are using macro's to do beacons (although I have zero proof of this)! It was ok when i used macro's to accept and decline missions!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Syndic logic =

Beacons are OP on alpha when you have to shoot them. Beacons are not OP on beta when you can use explosion damage to do them 10X as fast.

Beacons on alpha are done with zero risk. Beacons on Beta sat 500m from a station in double plate heavies is risk.

People are using macro's to do beacons (although I have zero proof of this)! It was ok when i used macro's to accept and decline missions!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Jita wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Syndic logic =

It's 1K M and let's be honest about something to argument still remains, whats the cost to defend Beta?

http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=kill&kill_id=45403
150 million, gone poof.

http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=kill-rela … l_id=45356
half a billion, gone poof.

The complaint is well they make Billions!  Well guess what it takes billions worth of nic in assets to hold the line.  Would be nice to make a return off of what it takes to hold the territory.  It's called a Reason to fight for it.  But hold on to your seat folks you can just live on alpha in completely safety and make $ out the wazoo!

I would join you on a group petition to add aoe damage back to betas for beacons. Not sure why it was changed in the first place hmm

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

Syndic logic =

It's 1K M and let's be honest about something to argument still remains, whats the cost to defend Beta?

150 million, gone poof.

The complaint is well they make Billions!  Well guess what it takes billions worth of nic in assets to hold the line.  Would be nice to make a return off of what it takes to hold the territory.  It's called a Reason to fight for it.  But hold on to your seat folks you can just live on alpha in completely safety and make $ out the wazoo!

and if it was just explosion damage beacon hunting as usual with beacons done from ordinary mission running it would still be in the game and still be able to be used but since it got taken two or three steps further than that theres nothing.

You only have yourselves to blame and now you expect the new corps to have to pay for your mistakes.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

Syndic logic =

150 million, gone poof.

and if it was just explosion damage beacon hunting as usual with beacons done from ordinary mission running it would still be in the game and still be able to be used but since it got taken two or three steps further than that theres nothing.

You only have yourselves to blame and now you expect the new corps to have to pay for your mistakes.

You keep missing the point my man, over and over again.  These changes keep hurting the new corps.  Not the other way around.

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

150 million, gone poof.

You keep missing the point my man, over and over again.  These changes keep hurting the new corps.  Not the other way around.

I know they do.

My point is the only reason these changes take place is because your intentionally doing things that are not intended.

stuff

There is a test server for a reason.... However the devs seem to enjoy knee jerks so much they can't be asked to actively play or test there own game, with out their god bots that is.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Jita wrote:

My point is the only reason these changes take place is because your intentionally doing things that are not intended.

When it comes to repetitive forum spin, you're as tenacious as Burial.

Sparking to other games