Topic: Geosanner Expected yield

I think it would be a really awesome add-on to the geo scanner to have an expect mined amount. would help know how many charges would be needed etc.

Re: Geosanner Expected yield

You would like the exact number for that ore?
New geoscanner charges maybe?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

no thinking more just estimated amount in the area that you scanned with your tile based scan.

We already had that and wasn't very useful, really. It showed the % amount of tiles with that ore in the area.

No i mean like you drop your tile based scan and somewhere on the geoscanner it displayed an expected yield from mining in the scanned area. IE. 15mil hdt in the area scanned. so that a miner can figure out how many charges and how long it would take to clear an area out.

Well then I understood you correctly the first time. Still think it should be a dedicated charge for it.
But the general idea is ok.

Yea, either way a way to find an estimated amount that an area holds would be quite useful IMO

KillerRainbow wrote:

I think it would be a really awesome add-on to the geo scanner to have an expect mined amount. would help know how many charges would be needed etc.

trouble is thats dependent upon skills. The figure for you would be different for someone else.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

wouldn't need the exact number, just show the basic ore numbers. with the basic number you can figure out how much you personally would get out of it, after bonuses etc.

10 (edited by Norrdec 2014-07-08 09:56:05)

You dont get more from a field with better skills, you just mine the field out faster. At least that is how I understand the new ore field mechanic.

yea that would be correct, i believe the current extensions raise the amount of ore per cycle and reduce the cycle time. they don't increase the amount you get from a spot

Norrdec wrote:

You dont get more from a field with better skills, you just mine the field out faster. At least that is how I understand the new ore field mechanic.

Thats correct, only the plants work with the old logic of better skills/more yield

Industrial Junkie

Tamas Vitez wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

Thats correct, only the plants work with the old logic of better skills/more yield

Never knew that. Thats ***.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

do you want it to mine it for you as well

maybe haul it too

MINUS ONE

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

universal geoscann charge?
tells you exactly whats in the tile under you. (+- scanner accuracy)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1 to op.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.