Topic: They won't share it without a fight.

the first thing most steam player probably have read it this:

Humanity's thirst for energy exceeded its reach.

Our only chance lies on the distant energy-packed planet, Nia.
But we're not alone - the planet's riches are also beeing
exploited by an intelligent robotic lifeform.

We don't know if they evolved or were created,
but one thing is certain...

They won't share it without a fight.

Are there any future plans to actually put at least a little bit truth into this introduction? Like will the new random mission system incorporate the energy transfer Station on NV into this?
Will the intelligent robotic lifeform show up at some point?
or will the gametrailer/backgroundstory ever be changed to mention that the fight is supposed to be between the players ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: They won't share it without a fight.

Isn't it native Nians you fight though the assignments?

3 (edited by Galaxy Drones 2014-07-07 21:12:15)

Annihilator wrote:

The intelligent robotic lifeform are the nuimqols, thelodicas, and pelistals.

Keep it simple, stupid.

Galaxy Drones wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

The intelligent robotic lifeform are the nuimqols, thelodicas, and pelistals.

thats what the lore tells... but from gameplay perspective they are "resources", and they are nowhere close to beeing "intelligent"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Out back behind the toolshed into the woodchipper.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Out back behind the toolshed into the woodchipper.

+1.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

These days players are only concerned about NIC/hr, fittings and kill boards. It reduces gaming to barely numbers and formulas, but who can blame them.?

RIP PERPETUUM

A topic about Lore? I was hoping for something more exciting. Carry on Anni

Sparking to other games

This game has so much potential from a PVE standpoint. Remember the opening of the Alpha 2 Islands? We had to clear out tons of npcs to "unlock" the terminals. I had a great time, rolling out with RG and 62nd to clear out Shinjalar.

Incursions by npcs would be an awesome idea. Random events where the natives attempt to take back an Island, or two or three. It fit's in with Hunter's post about mutual goals as well... Maybe the NPCs are so strong most of the player base has to band together to force them back...

Islands with real time npc wars taking place. Band together with robots of your same race in order to win objectives.

Teleports that take you to another island (instanced probably) where you have to complete objectives with some sort of boss robot fight or a big fight against a walled off turreted npc fortification. Maybe even make some of them put a sort of beacon that can be hacked by enemy forces (players) and raided for further pvp content.

This game needs this pve content, as well as new shiny (super expensive bots most everyone will only use for pve -- that doesn't come from materials only found on pvp islands).  I've been saying this for 3 years. Maybe we'd be able to hit those 5000+ concurrent player goals I know this game is capable of... if only it had a touch more.

Problem is, Devs are too small a team to be able to implement anything like this in any kind of timeframe beyond years, and since moving the servers they're too broke to be able to hire more devs for that content. I don't mean this to be offensive to the devs, you guys have worked so hard on this for so many years... but realisticly it's just a pipe dream.

Probaly doesn't help much that the current playerbase is screaming for Gamma to be done either, but I doubt that's going to make much a difference with the population. (i.e I doubt we're gonna see more people playing once gamma is re-released than there are now.) I know a 2nd look at missions is planned after the gamma re-release, but hopefully, as soon as possible after gamma we can get some PVE love going in this game.

PVE content has been proven to be vastly more preferred by the majority of people who play games, and this game's pve content gets old and stale fast.

Besides, a lot of people who love PVE love to pvp part time, and even part time pvpers are preferable to stagnation.

11 (edited by Lucian Cain 2014-07-08 06:04:00)

Smokeyii wrote:

This game has so much potential from a PVE standpoint. Remember the opening of the Alpha 2 Islands? We had to clear out tons of npcs to "unlock" the terminals. I had a great time, rolling out with RG and 62nd to clear out Shinjalar.

Incursions by npcs would be an awesome idea. Random events where the natives attempt to take back an Island, or two or three. It fit's in with Hunter's post about mutual goals as well... Maybe the NPCs are so strong most of the player base has to band together to force them back...

Islands with real time npc wars taking place. Band together with robots of your same race in order to win objectives.

Teleports that take you to another island (instanced probably) where you have to complete objectives with some sort of boss robot fight or a big fight against a walled off turreted npc fortification. Maybe even make some of them put a sort of beacon that can be hacked by enemy forces (players) and raided for further pvp content.

This game needs this pve content, as well as new shiny (super expensive bots most everyone will only use for pve -- that doesn't come from materials only found on pvp islands).  I've been saying this for 3 years. Maybe we'd be able to hit those 5000+ concurrent player goals I know this game is capable of... if only it had a touch more.

Problem is, Devs are too small a team to be able to implement anything like this in any kind of timeframe beyond years, and since moving the servers they're too broke to be able to hire more devs for that content. I don't mean this to be offensive to the devs, you guys have worked so hard on this for so many years... but realisticly it's just a pipe dream.

Probaly doesn't help much that the current playerbase is screaming for Gamma to be done either, but I doubt that's going to make much a difference with the population. (i.e I doubt we're gonna see more people playing once gamma is re-released than there are now.) I know a 2nd look at missions is planned after the gamma re-release, but hopefully, as soon as possible after gamma we can get some PVE love going in this game.

I agree

Celebro wrote:

These days players are only concerned about NIC/hr, fittings and kill boards. It reduces gaming to barely numbers and formulas, but who can blame them.?

These days?  Are you new?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

All static spawns should be removed from the game, and missions should be revamped in their structure and reward so that there's a reason to do missions with a buddy.

Having static spawns in a perfectly safe enviroment like Alpha invites botting.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

resolving that around missions is probably the biggest missconception you can think of.

Missions need more DEV power then availiable, compared to dynamic, rule based sandbox PvE sandbox content.

Also content provided by missions is mostly seperated from PvP content, which is not benefical either, since it seperates development into PvP and PvE content time.