Re: Declare exploit rather than knee jerk change

Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

stuffs

Youre right. Forgot what QQ post of yours I was on.

Glad to see that you are fitting right in with the whiny *** coalition. Seems you have found your place.

We switched sides again! Goddamn Cherno.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

If you were on beta, and you didn't petition so hard to nerf beacons that made them pointless to do there, you could have shot anyone who tried this.

We did beacons in a dangerous area, our bots were at risk (hell we were in a dead end doing them, beast could have led you right to us by instinct)

Yes, the way they were done wasn't what the developer wanted.  No I don't think that should matter in a sandbox.

Because the developers don't want beacons being done in any way expect one specific manner...and some players use the developers as weapons for meta gaming...we now have beacons worthless anywhere except alpha.  So yeah since we cant stop a beacon run in pvp areas, as it would be pointless to run them there, we will do what the developers want.  Fight for beacons on alpha,

This isn't the preferred method.  I still think beacon pits and plasma bombs should be  allowed and that other metrics should be balanced to reflect that.

Mind you there are currently two paths to getting something changed in game that needs changing.  One is to cry to the developers.  Since that wont work for us we have to do it and show them its broke..and rely on the other side of the game to cry about it, since the developers will listen to them.

This shouldn't be some secret to joke.

All they needed to ever do was to make beacons like teleport beacons.  Drop one, do it, then you can drop another.  Bam.  Beacon pits now a cool and fun way to play, now plasma bombing beacons on beta is boring but efficient again, and nothing changes with alpha.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Jita wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

stuffs

Youre right. Forgot what QQ post of yours I was on.

Glad to see that you are fitting right in with the whiny *** coalition. Seems you have found your place.

We switched sides again! Goddamn Cherno.

Mad bro?

Stranger Danger wrote:

you didn't petition so hard

Just to clarify I have raised zero tickets about game mechanics that i think are broken. I made one post in features about beacons and one about missions.

Second thing is your terrible logic. You dont balance faulty game design through PvP.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

You don't balance a game buy nerfing every thing that isn't as intended, You balance things by buffing as well but that doesn't happen in NIA. Soon we will all be playing a 8 bit version of mechwarrior 1 hp per shot, all bots have 10 hp and reppers do 1 hp per 10 sec cycle.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

To clarify, there's no switching sides.

All bridges are burned as far as you're concerned.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

32 (edited by Jita 2014-07-05 16:46:03)

Lobo wrote:

You don't balance a game buy nerfing every thing that isn't as intended, You balance things by buffing as well but that doesn't happen in NIA. Soon we will all be playing a 8 bit version of mechwarrior 1 hp per shot, all bots have 10 hp and reppers do 1 hp per 10 sec cycle.

I agree, thats why we need to just leave the mechanics and beat the miscreants with a stick

Syndic wrote:

To clarify, there's no switching sides.

All bridges are burned as far as you're concerned.

Sig worthy tears. Where's my hand cream and tissues.

If only soundboards could be included in signatures. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

If only soundboards could be included in signatures. lol

I'm sure we would be legends.

The most ironic thing is that those words are coming straight from Jita's mouth.

I mean is there NO limit ever to hypocrisy?

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Maybe in world of warcraft. lol

CIR Complaint Form

With Jita's abuse of protection refresh bug the game did kinda turn into a world of warcraft safe-zone fest indeed.

Also... ACSII HHN? I still have a screenshot, very mature and QOL-oriented attitude I say.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

38 (edited by Ville 2014-07-05 22:51:10)

Dear players in Chaos!  Hello!  I wish to ask you players how it feels to be yelled at in TS by the same players who gloated about the goods they took from you at Landers Bridge.  Players in Chaos, it kind of makes me giggle thinking about 30 million nic in noralgis incubators.  Take care !  O/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Syndic wrote:

There's a pattern here;

Get massacred in-game, cry on forum for developers to hurt us in some way.

Nobody even tried to roam Dom while we were doing beacons for weeks. Developers shouldn't be used as a weapon by the weak and cowardly.

Yeah I've seen this pattern before as well.

Ville wrote:

Dear players in Chaos!  Hello!  I wish to ask you players how it feels to be yelled at in TS by the same players who gloated about the goods they took from you at Landers Bridge.  Players in Chaos, it kind of makes me giggle thinking about 30 million nic in noralgis incubators.  Take care !  O/

I'm guessing the same way Sharkwolf feels when he logs into the same TS as you and Cindy. Maybe ask him.
All things change eventually.

Jita wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

you didn't petition so hard

Just to clarify I have raised zero tickets about game mechanics that i think are broken. I made one post in features about beacons and one about missions.

Actually to be correct you Made 2 THREADS & MANY posts on those topics. smile

The DEVs have known how ppl run Beacons for years. they only did some thing about it after STC ran 100s of them at once. And even then they did a half arsed job of it, kinda like they did this last time round!

At least they are consist... BAHAHAHA sorry i cant say that word!!! lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

I'm guessing the same way Sharkwolf feels when he logs into the same TS as you and Cindy. Maybe ask him.
All things change eventually.

Shark's my BFF.

More people to murder is always a good thing.

Less people to murder is always a bad thing.

CIR Complaint Form

Gwyndor wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

what I would suggest is that rather than take up development time creating imperfect fixes the devs just declare them as exploits with people doing it actionable under the EULA.

How much development time do you think would it take to actually enforce this idea? Detecting it, proving it, handling the reports, handling the aftermath of a punishment, etc.

I'll tell you: a lot more.

Quit being cheap and hire another dev or two or someone to do the heavy lifting. I don't feel bad for you at all because you are the worst about delegating. Just realize you don't know how to manage this wonderful concept for a game and sell it to someone who will do right for it.

Best advice ever. Taking 1 month to answer a ticket is unacceptable and the reason I no longer support the game.

Curblugeon wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

How much development time do you think would it take to actually enforce this idea? Detecting it, proving it, handling the reports, handling the aftermath of a punishment, etc.

I'll tell you: a lot more.

Quit being cheap and hire another dev or two or someone to do the heavy lifting. I don't feel bad for you at all because you are the worst about delegating. Just realize you don't know how to manage this wonderful concept for a game and sell it to someone who will do right for it.

Best advice ever. Taking 1 month to answer a ticket is unacceptable and the reason I no longer support the game.

But by not supporting the game you make it more difficult for them to hire another dev...

Kim Cho wrote:
Curblugeon wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

But by not supporting the game you make it more difficult for them to hire another dev...

Kim Cho..  You are going places.

Can I go too?

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Ville wrote:
Kim Cho wrote:
Curblugeon wrote:

Kim Cho..  You are going places.

What kind of places? Will there be cookies?