1 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-07-05 14:11:47)

Topic: Game window receives key strokes while other windows are in focus

I am using windowed mode. If I want to switch from the game to, for example the browser, I have to use Alt-Tab.
If I simply bring up the task bar and click to select the browser and start typing, the game client will also respond to those key presses.
This is entirely reproducible and also applies to two game clients responding to the same key stroke.

Also, even as I type this, holding down Shift causes the little floppy disk icon to appear on my client's inventory windown.

Is this behavior acceptable from the point of view of security?

+1
-Confucius

Re: Game window receives key strokes while other windows are in focus

learn to use AHK better

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

its nice when you have chat active and type in a password big_smile

i thought this was fixed years ago.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Kaldenines wrote:

I am using windowed mode. If I want to switch from the game to, for example the browser, I have to use Alt-Tab.
If I simply bring up the task bar and click to select the browser and start typing, the game client will also respond to those key presses.
This is entirely reproducible and also applies to two game clients responding to the same key stroke.

Also, even as I type this, holding down Shift causes the little floppy disk icon to appear on my client's inventory windown.

Is this behavior acceptable from the point of view of security?

I run multiple clients in windowed mode and don't have this problem at all... I'm typing this with 3 clients open and no keystrokes are echoing in my clients...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I've played around with this a bit and its happening when I have the game window in focus and then switch to another window by pressing the windows key (to bring up my task bar which is hidden by default) and clicking on the other program's icon.

So right now i can move my robot around while typing wasd in this window.
Interestingly this does not happen when the in game chat window is selected so I can't type in both the game and in here at the same time. Hope that helps.

+1
-Confucius

good, in win8.1 vanilla bringing up the taskbar with windows-key doesn't work anymore, so not reproducable here wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Kaldenines wrote:

I've played around with this a bit and its happening when I have the game window in focus and then switch to another window by pressing the windows key (to bring up my task bar which is hidden by default) and clicking on the other program's icon.

So right now i can move my robot around while typing wasd in this window.
Interestingly this does not happen when the in game chat window is selected so I can't type in both the game and in here at the same time. Hope that helps.

I click between mine with a mouse.  Maybe that's the key?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!