76 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:36:30)

Re: Distress beacon abuse

Deleted because I don't have a hungarian in my corp.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

ISboxer is a total legit tool unless you can prove it beeing used. If you suspect someone using it, please open a support ticket and don't discuss it on the forums.

Also, Botting is a term used for autonomouse programms/scripts doing things ingame. instancing mouseclicks into multiple instances of a gamewindow is not botting by definition.
Please consider this when you post your support ticket.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

78 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:36:36)

CIR Complaint Form

just copying ville wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

80 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:36:53)

CIR Complaint Form

81 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:36:59)

CIR Complaint Form

stop crying please

83 (edited by Cassius 2014-07-03 18:57:56)

Norrdec, your picture is from May 25th. And involves a AIC member. A video would probably provide better proof and there are those within your organization that are certainly capable of getting all required. I personally agree that 3rd party software should not be used in game, but ultimately it's the Devs responsibility to be clear on the rules, and then deal with violations when they are brought to their attention. Unfortunately it appears your organization is attempting to paint all parties who run beacons on Alpha as using 3rd party software, and by this implication you guys are attempting to "justify" what amounts to your alliances simple griefing of newer players by veterans. If you have proof of any of the participants in this particular thread are in fact using 3rd party software to increase the efficiency of which beacons are processed, please provide it. Or rather than attempting to paint legitimate players running beacons with legitimate means, perhaps focus your efforts on those who indeed are abusing the system.

But hey, never let facts get in the way of a good troll.
I am slowly warming up to Ville's manner of responding so in the same vein I wish you a very good day, Norrdec, Syndic, and the rest of the current Beta placeholders.

Cassius wrote:

rest of the current Beta placeholders.

So fights are incoming?

Someone being evicted?

Sparking to other games

Syndic wrote:

The abuse is still ongoing.

Alpha = No risk, maximum reward.

If I tried to do beacons on Beta this fast, I would lose half the containers to explosion damage.

Beta = Maximum risk, average reward.

This is why nobody is playing, because there's no reason to play. Just turn the bot on and watch TV, until they get bored of turning the bot on in the first place.

Maybe next time you'll think twice before abusing mechanics to gain an advantage. You screwed yourself over with all of this, and I personally think it's just cause. Dragging red mobs on players in alpha got them all turned orange, abusing beacons with bombs and explosion damage got that nerfed. Stop crying as you have no one to blame but yourselves. Can your ego not take doing something on alpha to turn a profit? I promise not to look down on you (anymore then I already do) because you're farming beacons on alpha.

The only person that messed with Plasma bombs subject was Jita.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

87 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-07-04 16:50:20)

The problem isn't the players, the problem isn't players being creative with game mechanics in a sandbox.

The problem is a developer who sees players in a sandbox game doing things creatively and say "we want you to do it this way instead" and make knee jerk reaction changes that have effect on the game as a whole.

Gamma beacon pits should have never been forbidden, which led to a chain of events via game changes that completely changed this game for the worse, and led us to where we are now with beta being worthless, and gamme scheduled to be a NIC sink for nothing.

The developers should have seen players doing beacon pits and said "that's creative but over powered, how can we keep this fun mechanic without allowing it to break the game"

Had they done that, there would never be any of these changes.  We would have created good reason to be on both beta and gamma on our own.

You all need to drop your lame anti-CIR/77 bullshit and realize that farming beacons with plasma bombs was anything but abuse.  The changes that resulted were beyond *** and could have been done in a way to keep the player created content but make it lass OP...and would have resulted in not nerfing ALL beta/gamma content in the process.

Its easy to lay blame on your enemies, especially when you guys go to obsessive hate in a game.

Everyone can agree the changes made to beacons over the course of a couple years has pretty much ruined pve combat in this game beyond trying to get rep on alpha 2...which was ruined by a dictated mission system.

You guys are getting pathetic with the propaganda and obsessive hate and the developers need to stop this knee jerk preventative change habit that changes the game as a whole for the worse.  ITs a sandbox you need to embrace players getting creative rather than stomping it out.

In all honesty.  Allowing 1 beacon to be dropped within a 1000m radius would have fixed each and every iteration of beacon abuse, while still allowing the creative and often fun mechanic to persist.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

88 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:37:11)

CIR Complaint Form

The devs have an idea in their head of how much nic you should be able to generate per hour and you guys are trying to exceed that. Thats fair enough, who can blame you. Beacon pits, mission abuse and plasma bomb abuse went a step further and far far exceeded that amount per hour.

For this reason they needed to change it and did.

It's not about any corp in the game but the game as a whole. Some people want it to succeed and will make changes that may hurt them personally but are needed. Others will deliberately grief people and try and abuse mechanics for their own gain. With their limited time the dev fixes are sometimes less than perfect but if people recognised that something was broke, reported it and then didn't do it we wouldn't have crappy fixes.

A good example today - 77 trying to grief some ratting Joke were doing using holes in the mechanics to be a pain in the ***. They dont gain anything from this but the ability to be mildly irritating. Deliberate griefing plain and simple. As it happens we were more than equal to that and in the processes Lobo lost a mk 2 mesmer (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/584 … 64E15A5C3/) but its hardly the point. It's toxic gameplay and it doesn't need the devs to patch but to deal with using the EULA.

Eve does this all the time. If something is broken they declare it an exploit in advance and notify people that continuation of it will be actionable. They can then fix the mechanics at their leisure (and sometimes never).

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Syndic wrote:

Because macroing spawns on Alpha is morally superior to blowing up beacons with plasma bombs. roll

Other than having an alt remote repair I have never heard or seen anyone using a macro to do beacons. It's the only group content for alpha players.

I'm not going to offer my opinions on how to change as it is seen as propoganda. I am just going to point out that is my only source of meaningful group content on alpha.

Jita wrote:

A good example today - 77 trying to grief some ratting Joke were doing using holes in the mechanics to be a pain in the ***. They dont gain anything from this but the ability to be mildly irritating. Deliberate griefing plain and simple. As it happens we were more than equal to that and in the processes Lobo lost a mk 2 mesmer (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/584 … 64E15A5C3/) but its hardly the point. It's toxic gameplay and it doesn't need the devs to patch but to deal with using the EULA.

Mesmer mk2 replaced

Griefing?Who was Griefing I need green kernels I was getting them, in EVE that mechanic is at every spawn if i shoot first i tag it. You had more than enough to deal with me.

No point in doing any thing on beta any more Npc's are pointless on beta.

Oh look i lost a mesmer due to game mechanics what you crying about?

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
Jita wrote:

Mesmer mk2 replaced

Griefing?Who was Griefing I need green kernels I was getting them, in EVE that mechanic is at every spawn if i shoot first i tag it. You had more than enough to deal with me.

No point in doing any thing on beta any more Npc's are pointless on beta.

Oh look i lost a mesmer due to game mechanics what you crying about?

You had zero interest in the spawn and spent a couple of hours griefing us in much the same way you have been harassing Tamas.

You were using alts to drag mobs from the spawn in light ewar and sensor suppressors. You would then sit with this dragged mob 2km+ off so that when the other mechs died the wave didn't respawn. You would also steal cans that had expired timers or single tap mechs so that you got the loot. When this stopped working because we were beating your lock times you tried griefing with a mesmer mk2 shoting stuff once. OFC you got outplayed and died in a firebut its not the point.

Toxic gameplay pure and simple.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita your definition of griefing is off. You think fighting between our groups is only limited to beta? Quit being a soft**** and pull your panties up.

Jita wrote:

You had zero interest in the spawn and spent a couple of hours griefing us in much the same way you have been harassing Tamas.

You were using alts to drag mobs from the spawn in light ewar and sensor suppressors. You would then sit with this dragged mob 2km+ off so that when the other mechs died the wave didn't respawn. You would also steal cans that had expired timers or single tap mechs so that you got the loot. When this stopped working because we were beating your lock times you tried griefing with a mesmer mk2 shoting stuff once. OFC you got outplayed and died in a firebut its not the point.

Toxic gameplay pure and simple.

I smell butt hurt cause I wanted to farm some mobs you happened to be hogging for 2 hours.

Take your soft *** crying baby attitude back to eve where greifing happens in every system. BTW wasnt me with the light ewar maybe you should get Beast to investigate whos alt that is.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.

derives pleasure

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

97 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:37:21)

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Actually, our guys are performing economic warfare.

Perfectly legitimate tactic.

Drag a few mobs. Lose a mk2 heavy. I think your better suited to actual warfare.

99 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-09 21:37:41)

CIR Complaint Form

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Actually, our guys are performing economic warfare.

Perfectly legitimate tactic.

Drag a few mobs. Lose a mk2 heavy. I think your better suited to actual warfare.

I've said many times I suck at PVE.... I cant sit at moyar and farm any more so I will look for a good spawn on alpha.