Re: Beacon activation and ownership

I think Zoom has already stated the Dev's position on this matter. /closethread

102 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-03 19:04:08)

Aye Pod wrote:

I think Zoom has already stated the Dev's position on this matter. /closethread

zooms statement was this:

DEV Zoom wrote:

To Tamas, and everyone else who thinks this is against some rule: it's not. It's everyone's own responsibility to find an undisturbed place for beacon operations, and to pick up your loot in time before it gets public. We can't and won't prevent anyone from being in the same location with you and shoot your NPCs that YOU decided to let out in the public at your chosen time and place.

it clearly shows that zoom made his post under the assumption that the complaint comes from someone who was not able to pick up his loot container before they are accessible by everyone.
It looks like he didn't consider anyone activating the beacon before or together with the "owner",  loot flagging those npcs for the griefing faction, as written by several complaining parties in this topic here.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

It looks like he didn't consider anyone activating the beacon before or together with the "owner",  loot flagging those npcs for the griefing faction, as written by several complaining parties in this topic here.

Yes I did, you're just not quoting the appropriate reply.

104 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-03 20:24:13)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

that statements sounds like its ok to harrass any1 on alpha if i find a way to do it. like taking several rivelers and follow someone who wants to mine something non-liquid and always dry out the tiles he starts mining in a few seconds, because he can search for another spot anytime, while i can follow him any time too?

or is this different because there is no such huge payout for mining or harvesting, or a certain group not complaining about it?

The question is rather simple - why can non-squad member activate those beacons. does that mean i can hog that one mission spot on tellesis that requires you to place down a beacon and kill those mission npcs and it would be legit?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

that statements sounds like its ok to harrass any1 on alpha if i find a way to do it. like taking several rivelers and follow someone who wants to mine something non-liquid and always dry out the tiles he starts mining in a few seconds, because he can search for another spot anytime, while i can follow him any time too?

or is this different because there is no such huge payout for mining or harvesting, or a certain group not complaining about it?

The question is rather simple - why can non-squad member activate those beacons. does that mean i can hog that one mission spot on tellesis that requires you to place down a beacon and kill those mission npcs and it would be legit?

I would say "Yes". Now go play the game! wink

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Annihilator wrote:

I'm out of the loop apparently, but that's exactly how it used to be and people were happy.

I think Devs lost it, or they are all Syndic alts.

Industrial Junkie

The Devs are just trying to keep focus to be honest, otherwise we'll never get back gammas.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The Devs are just trying to keep focus to be honest, otherwise we'll never get back gammas.

any updates on that?

"devs are just trying to keep focus"   ON WHAT?  the best way to nerf the game even more. No aoe damage makes farming npc's or beacons useless on beta.  I mean population numbers the last month should give ya an idea on you knee jerk reactions are doing. Great job keep "focusing" on gamma i cant wait to see the complete cluster**** thats gonna be when your done with it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I understand your point of view, you want to keep the freedom to do what ever players want, where and how they want it.

Your inexperience to recognize harassment will cost you a few accounts, but hey, if that will keep the CIR and 77 veterans happy, its all good, right ?

Industrial Junkie

Tamas Vitez wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I understand your point of view, you want to keep the freedom to do what ever players want, where and how they want it.

Your inexperience to recognize harassment will cost you a few accounts, but hey, if that will keep the CIR and 77 veterans happy, its all good, right ?

If one of the accounts is Anni it is 100% worth it

Qwertyboom wrote:

"devs are just trying to keep focus"   ON WHAT?  the best way to nerf the game even more. No aoe damage makes farming npc's or beacons useless on beta.  I mean population numbers the last month should give ya an idea on you knee jerk reactions are doing. Great job keep "focusing" on gamma i cant wait to see the complete cluster**** thats gonna be when your done with it.

As TERRIBLY *** and knee-jerk the NPC AOE nerf was I do not believe any 'nerfs' in the last months have contributed to Steam population dwindle remotely as much as the issue of 6 islands, no Beta access for any but the strongest alliance.

The end of the free access Norhoop Project corresponds EXACTLY with the Steam decline. My belief is that new players to this game FEEL they cannot compete, and despite all our thick-skins, feelings matter.

Right Ville?

Sparking to other games

You know, if this was Eve with 5000+ star systems and 5000+ wormhole systems, I guess I could kind of agree with the "Make sure no one is around" statement. As it is in this game, with people covering nearly all of the alpha terminals with alts, it's a little hard to move anywhere without being spotted. Add to that detectors on castels and it IS impossible if someone is watching.

You know, it's kind of funny that all of the game's "griefing" come from 2 corps, and they're allied. Fitting.

Smokeyii wrote:

You know, if this was Eve with 5000+ star systems and 5000+ wormhole systems, I guess I could kind of agree with the "Make sure no one is around" statement. As it is in this game, with people covering nearly all of the alpha terminals with alts, it's a little hard to move anywhere without being spotted. Add to that detectors on castels and it IS impossible if someone is watching.

You know, it's kind of funny that all of the game's "griefing" come from 2 corps, and they're allied. Fitting.

Finger point from your high horse all you want. But griefing is not a monopolized sport. And if this game ever does grow (which it never will without vastly more islands) griefing will be a normalized play style.

But even without more islands it's not hard to find isolated places on ALPHA to PVE. The need for more islands is a territorial pvp related problem, mostly.

Sparking to other games

Qwertyboom wrote:

They didn't have to nerf the game until you guys started intentionally trying to abuse mechanics and break it. And now in your unbelievable arrogance your trying to blame them!

Rex Amelius wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

Finger point from your high horse all you want. But griefing is not a monopolized sport. And if this game ever does grow (which it never will without vastly more islands) griefing will be a normalized play style.

But even without more islands it's not hard to find isolated places on ALPHA to PVE. The need for more islands is a territorial pvp related problem, mostly.

Another example of your idiocy. Just because it may happen in the future doesn't mean you need to do it now. Time and again you guys deliberately break the game and whatever the Dev response is makes the game that little bit less fun. Time and again you blame someone else when it's YOU who have caused it hiding behind the idea that if it's possible people will do it in the future so you may.

For a change why don't you detail how it can be abused, recognise it's wrong and DONT DO IT while pushing for a fix.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

117 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-04 09:09:09)

We've explained how it can be used to generate vast amounts of wealth in perfect safety in short periods of time, I assume Zoom has taken notice, so until Zoom decides if it needs to be fixed we will use the mechanics. We still have some beacons left over. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

So tired of hearing the same bullshit whine. "You're breaking the game." Too many of you got sand in your lady parts.

I partially disagree with OP mainly because if it changed, everyone is going to beacon close to terminal, on the other hand the game world is far too small so a higher population can cuase servere greifing problems. Right now is easier to avoid.

I really don't care much about leaving griefing mechanics on, although in that other game there are consequences for these actions. Here any victim on alpha can't do much about this unless they are pvp flagged, which they are not.

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:
Qwertyboom wrote:

They didn't have to nerf the game until you guys started intentionally trying to abuse mechanics and break it. And now in your unbelievable arrogance your trying to blame them!

Rex Amelius wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

Another example of your idiocy. Just because it may happen in the future doesn't mean you need to do it now. Time and again you guys deliberately break the game and whatever the Dev response is makes the game that little bit less fun. Time and again you blame someone else when it's YOU who have caused it hiding behind the idea that if it's possible people will do it in the future so you may.

For a change why don't you detail how it can be abused, recognise it's wrong and DONT DO IT while pushing for a fix.

You hurt me. Then you spin my post out into orbit to push your sad propaganda.

Zoom already made his position clear. Keep blaming others for "destroying the game." It's clear to me your sight is blurred by your fresh tears.

Sparking to other games

The mechanics limits need to be pushed so they are addressed before we have 5000 people in general chat, not after.

stop being so selfish

Tamas Vitez wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Disturbance wrote:

Yet another harrasing post from an alliance of people breaking the game yet again to harass people on alpha. How long will this be allowed to continue?

How dare us beta players harass Alpha players!! Devs you should change this mechanic as well as making Noralgis only harvestable by players who plant them (on Alpha).

It should only be fair for Alpha player's to come on Beta kill our bot's,Interrupt our happy epi mining ops, kill our Nora, explode plated bots on top of us, log combats out and wait with eye's to gank solo players than run back to the safety of Alpha where all harassment has been deemed unfriendly like!!!

This game is simply not fair for those poor Alpha player! Maybe while your at it you can make all game income spread evenly through out every player so that no one is left out.

I wouldnt mind the people activating the beacon be flagged. Owners or griefers alike have to flag to activate the beacon.

124 (edited by Crepitus 2014-07-07 19:59:45)

Gwyndor wrote:

I wouldnt mind the people activating the beacon be flagged. Owners or griefers alike have to flag to activate the beacon.

Sounds good wink... should flag anyone who touches the loot too... hell it should flag everyone within 8k automatically how's that? smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

Sounds good wink... should flag anyone who touches the loot too... hell it should flag everyone within 8k automatically how's that? smile

Maybe a bit far heh. If you want risk vs reward a good way to balance would be for the activators to flag.