Topic: Crashes on connection

Not sure if it's related to the patch or not, but my client is now crashing on the connection screen, I don't even get the chance to login.

Client was working fine yesterday.

I run linux, but except for the inital DFX issues with rendering terrain which were resolved a month ago it's been fine since.

The patch loaded in, I watched it do the update, it restarted and that was when the crashes started.  The crash reporter loaded, but I'm not sure if it actually sent anything, any help is appreciated.

Re: Crashes on connection

the patch added new keybinds
try moving the local.gbf out of the perp folder. (or just delete it, thats where your settings are stored)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

That doesn't work, I'm not sure why it would since it doesn't even get to a point where I can log in.  Tried it anyway though.

Does it produce any DMP files when it crashes?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Yep, there's a bunch of them, I thought you were getting them automatically, but if you send me an email to the ticket I filed I can mail them to you.

Normally we do get them automatically, if you let them upload. But apparently with linux you never know.

Crashes can be sent to crash@perpetuum-online.com