Topic: Hauling Bot

I would like to see something similar to a courier. Npc.  Something we buy from the PC market.  Once you click on it in your inventory it displays a map.  It uses navigation points tied into your extensions.  I pick point one to be pick up click on a drop down menu to be field can or container.  Then I pick its navigation route with limited points on the map.  This hauler would be totally ghankable even on alpha but flag individuals.  It could have custom variables like speed or tanked or masked.  I think this would be awesome addition to pve.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Hauling Bot

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 anything to give this game better transportation options.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I like it.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

At the very least can get a big brother for the Scarab? Something that can move a significant amount of material is sorely needed in the game.

or how bout we just fix the auto pilot

With auto pilot fixed.

I'd like to see an NPC that would spawn from some sort of deployable device.

The NPC could serve multiple roles.

-Transport, after deploying the NPC would loot any available cans or container.  The npc would then transport the items to a terminal.
-Buff Bot/Miner/Harvester/Combat? - We could purchase tiers  with PC and different module setups.  Even nexus support.

These npcs would have a 30 to 45 minute  timer.  Once the timers up the npc disappear.

Killable on alpha or beta.  Flagging the aggressor and alerting the owner that its under attack.

The npcs can have different levels of tank/speed.

Any other thoughts or comments?

I just want a goddamn freighter.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Ville - why deployable device?

extension: Remote Robot control - the level of the extension limits the % of your other extensions affecting the pet bot.

and all you can do is give that robot basic commands like move, loot all, unload, attack

with a few extension points you can have a followbot argano or with a few more sequer to haul the stuff with you. but because it has a NPC AI, it wont be able to manage its accumulator or does it allow you to accurately command which module it should use at a time - it will just always use everything availiable.

you can fit the robot as you want in your storage, and if it explodes you have to replace it like any other bot. etc

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I want a capital ship freighter that holds 1,000,000U.

Enough of this 80/240/720/1440-nobody-saw-it-coming horseloving.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

If they had a 1mil U freighter that moved single digit speeds, has no armor or shield capibilites, and was plated in Epriton and collixium would be interesting.  Perhaps make it so you cant use beacons with it either.

Call it the "Flapper"

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Syndic wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawler-transporter.

Carries 8,000,000 "U" and travels at 3kph.

13 (edited by Buc Cankiller 2014-06-17 01:49:33)

Ville wrote:

With auto pilot fixed.

-Transport, after deploying the NPC would loot any available cans or container.  The npc would then transport the items to a terminal.
-Buff Bot/Miner/Harvester/Combat? - We could purchase tiers  with PC and different module setups.  Even nexus support.

These npcs would have a 30 to 45 minute  timer.  Once the timers up the npc disappear.

Killable on alpha or beta.  Flagging the aggressor and alerting the owner that its under attack.

Interesting idea, but rather than buying it I'd like to hack one of the roaming NPCs with some kind of a hacking module to get it under my control (thinking about more PVE content here rather than more money for the DEV's).
Hacking could go wrong and you could end up with an angry red mob on your heels even on alpha1.
After some time your hacked bot could start to act strange regaining his consciousness. If you don't get rid of it quick it could go after you.

And +1 for a bigger hauler (freighter 5000u cargo). One that can only travel between main terminals would do. Maybe doable with new highway system?

But I'm afraid we won't get neither of it in the near future.

Edit: added a bit more thoughts

Sequer 80/ 100U - Throw away production level

Lithus - 240/300 U - 10,000 Briochit perfect (that's half a million Nora and Epri for those who hate math - more in truth, Perfect can't be done)

Scarab - 720/ 900 U - 12,500 Briochit.

So it goes from junk to holy *** to slighly more holy ***. Lithus is 90% of the way to scarab. The only lithus in the game are the ones made pre Scarab and the bump from Sequer to scarab is lunacy.

Mech Level Hauler with 160/ 200 U and speed bonus or built in teleport device. In fact have both. One is cheap on a Mech Level, the other expensive on a Scarab level.

Skydell wrote:

So it goes from junk to holy *** to slighly more holy ***. Lithus is 90% of the way to scarab. The only lithus in the game are the ones made pre Scarab and the bump from Sequer to scarab is lunacy.

thats more or less because the role the lithus serves has been kinda not necessary since introduction of the scarab, aka the tanking hauler.

Alpha poses zero threat to paper thin scarab armor, and on beta they just wont move unless all possible threats monitored by gatescouts and probes.

and even if someone would field one, the shield can now be broken with a few neut-hits from vets that didn't have any other place to spend their EP anyway.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Love when non-pvp players post up pvp related information and they totally wiffffff on it.

1. Lithus mk2 is the combat transport GOD.
2. I guarantee Lithuss are still being made.
3. The game needs bigger transports, but thsy need drawl backs not just bigger cargo.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Skydell wrote:

Sequer 80/ 100U - Throw away production level

Lithus - 240/300 U - 10,000 Briochit perfect (that's half a million Nora and Epri for those who hate math - more in truth, Perfect can't be done)

Scarab - 720/ 900 U - 12,500 Briochit.

Mech Level Hauler with 160/ 200 U and speed bonus or built in teleport device. In fact have both. One is cheap on a Mech Level, the other expensive on a Scarab level.

We still use Lithus MK2s quite frequently.

18 (edited by Gunner 2014-06-26 16:57:21)

Annihilator wrote:
Skydell wrote:

thats more or less because the role the lithus serves has been kinda not necessary since introduction of the scarab, aka the tanking hauler.

Alpha poses zero threat to paper thin scarab armor, and on beta they just wont move unless all possible threats monitored by gatescouts and probes.

and even if someone would field one, the shield can now be broken with a few neut-hits from vets that didn't have any other place to spend their EP anyway.

You say a lot of dumb *** but you are so far incorrect about the Lithus it is shocking and proves once and for all that you cant theorycraft something you do not participate in.

Ville wrote:

With auto pilot fixed.

+1

Ville wrote:

has to do with AoE explosions, right?

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

has to do with AoE explosions, right?

No it has to do with my scarabs in the cargo not getting ghanked while doing transport missions.

Ville wrote:

I would like to see something similar to a courier. Npc.  Something we buy from the PC market.  Once you click on it in your inventory it displays a map.  It uses navigation points tied into your extensions.  I pick point one to be pick up click on a drop down menu to be field can or container.  Then I pick its navigation route with limited points on the map.  This hauler would be totally ghankable even on alpha but flag individuals.  It could have custom variables like speed or tanked or masked.  I think this would be awesome addition to pve.

To be fair, I don't see the use, at least not on Alpha. As far as I see it, everyone and his dog has at least 2 or 3 accounts.
With the autopilot more or less working, I don't see why anyone would use these NPC couriers on Alpha, especially when they're gankable. Carebears are risk-averse.

That said, I can imagine that on Beta or Gamma they might be more useful, but since I've only been on Gamma for 2 weeks like 2 years ago, I can't say much about that.

Kim Cho wrote:

To be fair, I don't see the use, at least not on Alpha. As far as I see it, everyone and his dog has at least 2 or 3 accounts.

just because almost everyone has several accounts - it doesn't mean they should be norm in your everyday game experience. Especially when you think about the difficulty to get multiple accounts via steam only (aka impossible), you drive away possible new customers that do not like the multi-accounting part at all.

Annihilator wrote:
Kim Cho wrote:

just because almost everyone has several accounts - it doesn't mean they should be norm in your everyday game experience. Especially when you think about the difficulty to get multiple accounts via steam only (aka impossible), you drive away possible new customers that do not like the multi-accounting part at all.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not that i like multi-accounts, I'd gladly play with one only. And I'm up for every possibility to piss people off, especially on Alpha. But if he wants to implement these NPC haulers, then the devs should either overhaul the NPC rats or the bots, so that you also don't need a logibot behind you. Which isn't going to happen. So you still need at least 2 accounts to be able to rat more or less efficiently.

The thing with steam accounts is not impossible at all, btw.

1. copy your perpetuum folder from /steamapps into another folder for every account you have
2. make shortcut of perpetuum.exe
3. start both clients. you can now choose from every account that is connected to your steam account, no need to manually log in.

Kim Cho wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not that i like multi-accounts, I'd gladly play with one only. And I'm up for every possibility to piss people off, especially on Alpha. But if he wants to implement these NPC haulers, then the devs should either overhaul the NPC rats or the bots, so that you also don't need a logibot behind you. Which isn't going to happen. So you still need at least 2 accounts to be able to rat more or less efficiently.

The thing with steam accounts is not impossible at all, btw.

1. copy your perpetuum folder from /steamapps into another folder for every account you have
2. make shortcut of perpetuum.exe
3. start both clients. you can now choose from every account that is connected to your steam account, no need to manually log in.

about the NPCs - when the DEVs really do what they wrote in that other topic, without npcs dropping t1 loot at all, you suddenly have much more room in your robot wink since you do not have to pick up stuff to delete it in cargo, which you cannot do while having "in combat status", or when your cargo is already full.
You can farm any NPC spot on alpha with a single robot, not even a heavy mech is needed to farm the "hardest" spots since they reduced the NPCs on Alpha to Asia-grinder low-cost MMO versions.

You cannot aquire multiple accounts via steam, so its not possible to do that workaround with steam only. (read my previous post again wink ) Sales only happen within the Steam shop.