Re: Beacon activation and ownership

DeathPaw wrote:

Of course CIR/PHM/77 would like to see distress beacons become beta/gamma only, LOOK WHO PRESENTLY OWNS ALL OF THE BETA ISLANDS!  They are constantly pushing their own agenda, instead of trying to make the game better.

Anger suits you.  want to pay to run missions?
Oh wait that was martha that refused to pay.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

There is nobody else actively trying to live on Beta except CIR/77 and RAD.

This is because there is no reason whatsoever to risk fighting and dying in PVP for these corporations  to capture territory. The only ones holding territory are the ones who are happy to lose bots in PVP.

All the other corporations in-game are on Alpha running beacons and fattening wallets like they used to behind Gamma turtle fortress islands.

Beacons aren't being used as a group-activity, they're used by bot-users and macro-users with 6-7-12 accounts to print money in perfect safety.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

DeathPaw wrote:

Of course CIR/PHM/77 would like to see distress beacons become beta/gamma only, LOOK WHO PRESENTLY OWNS ALL OF THE BETA ISLANDS!  They are constantly pushing their own agenda, instead of trying to make the game better.

Player Deathpaw, hello.

I would first like you to know I care about you.  I care about your well being.  You player Deathpaw are one of the remaining true pvp in STC and I for one want you sticking around!  Please, Deathpaw hear my plight!  Calm down!  Having a stroke or heart attack is not worth it.  Pixels are just pixels.  With that said I would like to congratulate you on your fantastic post!  Your inside knowledge of interworkings are vastly superior to the average STC member!  I wish to continue to see this high level of critical thinking from you.  Thank you for gracing us with your time.  Take care and good luck!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

54 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-01 19:02:03)

It still attractive for new players to live on beta for vets not at all, specially if they have been farming turtle gammas for years.

RIP PERPETUUM

with all this crying and complaining from both sides about beacons in the last few weeks, just remove beacons and issue some kind of refund.  No more "exploits/abuse"  and no more crying to the devs

Also I would like to add to Dev Zoom, if you make 3 stripe beacons Beta only then give an option for returning them for Syndicate tokens or some type of refund since people like myself acquired a bunch back in the day knowing they could be done on Alpha

Lucian Cain wrote:

Also I would like to add to Dev Zoom, if you make 3 stripe beacons Beta only then give an option for returning them for Syndicate tokens or some type of refund since people like myself acquired a bunch back in the day knowing they could be done on Alpha

Could you not sell them on the market then use the nic to buy tokens again?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Lucian Cain wrote:

with all this crying and complaining from both sides about beacons in the last few weeks, just remove beacons and issue some kind of refund.  No more "exploits/abuse"  and no more crying to the devs

Player Lucian makes a very valid point!  Thanks player Lucian for your positive feedback in a very constructive manner!  These beacons are evil foul creatures.  We need to remove them from the game!  Giving players a negative effect can potential ruin gameplay for people.  These people need to be protected!  Thanks again Lucian!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

lol Ville

60 (edited by Burial 2014-07-01 21:52:16)

Beacons were broken when players could acquire them at rapid rate. Right now it seems to be fixed so I don't see any reason to flip-flop mechanics around, yet again.

Syndic wrote:

All the other corporations in-game are on Alpha running beacons and fattening wallets like they used to behind Gamma turtle fortress islands.

Beacons aren't being used as a group-activity, they're used by bot-users and macro-users with 6-7-12 accounts to print money in perfect safety.

This is loads of rubbish and not true at all.

Syndic wrote:

* It is forbidden to falsely or baselessly accuse anyone of anything.

From code of conduct.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic wrote:

I spent several hours the other day helping Cons to do beacons and I see them in groups all the time doing them, so once again Syndic is spinning the truth............

ban the botters tbh. No matter what the corp.

Moderated. - DEV Zoom

DEV Zoom wrote:

This made me think about making 3-stripe beacons beta/gamma deployable only, as that would bring it in line with NPC availability from normal spawns.

If you made the above suggested change would you still keep the explosion-damage-no-loot-drop mechanic?

Given the extraordinary loss of loot doing beacons on Beta/Gamma with the new mechanic I don't see why anyone would bother doing 3 stripe beacons at all. Besides you get more plasma per token for lower stripe beacons when you compare the token cost of higher stripe beacons.

Sparking to other games

65 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-02 03:46:02)

Burial wrote:

Beacons were broken when players could acquire them at rapid rate. Right now it seems to be fixed so I don't see any reason to flip-flop mechanics around, yet again.

I generally agree with this. Beacons can be bottle-necked or balanced by the token cost. Making them more difficult to grind is not helping the game.

Admit it Zoom. You overreacted with that NPC loot nerf.

Sparking to other games

Are 3Bar-Beacon overpowered vs the three major Farm-Spots on Alpha? No, they give less loot/time, but you can do them at your time and spot. This is helpful especially for newer player as the top spots are often farmed. If you nerf them on alpha, you should as well remove those spots with T4 M+HM.
In fact the Wave-Mechanic makes it much harder to farm 3star HM as solo-Player while the other spot are easy solo. Beacons enforce teamplay and are therefore in my opinion better for the game than those spots.

Should only the one droping the beacons beeing able to activate them? Thats impossible as another abuse would be there if all beacons could be activated by one player, but to avoid grief, it might be acceptable to give the NPC-Lock the beacon droper, not the spawner. This will neither prevent aggro going to activater nor give any other possibility to abuse. The Loot-Lock mechanic is IMHO balanced in a way that solo beacon farmer could loose some NPC, but Team Beacon farmer will usually kill all NPCs while lock is active.

Goffer wrote:

Should only the one droping the beacons beeing able to activate them? Thats impossible...

field containers can be accessed by a whole squad, and only the squad. all others have to type in a PW. So, not impossible. wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

68 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-02 13:44:51)

Beacons are more significantly more profitable then regular mob spawns because when it comes to beacons, the faster you destroy them the faster you can deploy them - meaning the variable of more accounts/people is introduced, whereas with normal spawns the respawn ceiling is already preconfigured/static and doesn't scale with amount of DPS/followbot you deploy on it.

Further, it's impossible to do beacons on Beta as fast as you can do them on Alpha - meaning the risk vs reward is completely screwed in that respect.

As others have pointed out lower-stripe beacons are more profitable then 3-stripe beacons, so unless it's intended that players can print money with macroes and isboxer on Alpha in perfect safety, something needs to be done.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Beacons are more significantly more profitable then regular mob spawns because when it comes to beacons, the faster you destroy them the faster you can deploy them - meaning the variable of more accounts/people is introduced, whereas with normal spawns the respawn ceiling is already preconfigured/static and doesn't scale with amount of DPS/followbot you deploy on it.

Further, it's impossible to do beacons on Beta as fast as you can do them on Alpha - meaning the risk vs reward is completely screwed in that respect.

As others have pointed out lower-stripe beacons are more profitable then 3-stripe beacons, so unless it's intended that players can print money with macroes and isboxer on Alpha in perfect safety, something needs to be done.

So what you are saying if 10 ppl farm beacons in a grp, and they generate 100 mill NIC per hour, they are exploiting ? You need to look at NIC/hour/account, not the total amount.

Industrial Junkie

All of the beacon rage is just CIR trying to metagame because they were caught abusing mechanics again and didn't like it.

Treat it with the derision it deserves.

To go back to the OP i agree that only a squad member of the person who dropped the beacon should be able to activate it and the cans should only be able to be accessed by that same squad regardless of who did the damage.

Moderated. - DEV Zoom

No what I'm saying is that beacons are being abused on Alpha in perfect safety by vets with 6-10 accounts to macro/isbox beacons.

Zero effort, zero risk, maximum reward.

Infinitely superior reward to someone who's doing it on Beta who risks mechs to PVP, can't macro/isbox, and loses loot to explosion damage.

CIR Complaint Form

72 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-02 14:55:06)

Syndic wrote:

Infinitely superior reward to someone who's doing it on Beta who risks mechs to PVP, can't macro/isbox, and loses loot to explosion damage.

Could you back the accusation of the misterious macro users  with some evidence?

RIP PERPETUUM

73 (edited by Kim Cho 2014-07-02 14:54:23)

Syndic wrote:

No what I'm saying is that beacons are being abused on Alpha in perfect safety by vets with 6-10 accounts to macro/isbox beacons.

This is actually a very good point.
I'm fairly new to this game, but I absolutely don't see any reason why I should leave alpha from a financial standpoint.

I mean in Eve you can at least get ganked during ratting/mining etc., and the possibilities to make money are by FAR better in null and WH space.

What are the intended incentives to leave Alpha in Perpetuum? Except pewpew of course.

Syndic wrote:

Then provide evidence of ppl macroing/using 3rd party software so those ppl get investigated and if found guilty, be banned.

A person can use multiple accounts to do farming legitimately, within game mechanics, he paid for those accounts.

What is the difference between farming and mining with multiple accounts ?

Industrial Junkie

75 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-02 15:25:07)

Don't be ridiculous.

Macroing can't be stopped because it's largely undetectable and widely acessible through any better gaming equipment.

It's harder to bot/macro minerals and normal spawns because the fields move after depletion, or the plasma-yield is fixed by the static respawn.

Beacons on the other hand, are a variable that solely depends on how fast player/macro can "process" them, and the rewards scale exponentially.

Key being that they're infinitely more profitable on Alpha in perfect safety then on Beta where you risk all the bots you're willing to put on the field, either from a PVP or from a PVE perspective.

Zero risk, maximum reward VERSUS Maximum risk, negligible reward.

CIR Complaint Form