Re: Perp-Kill v2.0

Sorry everyone, I was called out of country on business this past week at the last minute. I'll try to get changes in this week.

Move your ***!  Seriously I <3 u.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I want to be honest even though i feel a little like i'm bshing you here and you do great work.

I hate the new perp kill. It is clunky, the battle summaries are worse, i cant look historically at peoples kills, when i look on a mobile its horrible. For the first time since perp kill came out i'm using sequer.nl.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I want to be honest even though i feel a little like i'm bshing you here and you do great work.

I hate the new perp kill. It is clunky, the battle summaries are worse, i cant look historically at peoples kills, when i look on a mobile its horrible. For the first time since perp kill came out i'm using sequer.nl.

It's a work in progress, obviously, but that's totally fine. To each their own. Doek's site is fantastic and he's clearly put in a lot of work. Use what works for you.

yay!

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

81 (edited by Mitix 2014-05-15 19:29:50)

Posted some fixes today.

• Navigation for changing months is back.

• Agent and Corp historical kill and loss pagination is fixed.

• Pagination across the entire site sized to better accommodate different screen resolutions.

• Related Kills is back to the old format that breaks participants down into corp blocks.

FYI: Switching hosts over the next few days, so there might be some downtime.

Bring back rank listing.... measuring our epeen against the wall was fun

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

As a new guy and former Eve player, doesn't the Perp API support reading out the fittings of the bots killed?
Would be really handy to use as orientations for my own fittings and for laughing at ***.

Kim Cho wrote:

As a new guy and former Eve player, doesn't the Perp API support reading out the fittings of the bots killed?
Would be really handy to use as orientations for my own fittings and for laughing at ***.

nope, that data is not sent.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Kim Cho wrote:

nope, that data is not sent.

Meh. Any chance of that changing in the future? That would be a really nice feature (even if it'd be "just copied" from Eve).

it was a rather hot discussed topic some time ago.

some insist on their PvP wins are based on playing skill, but fear that the enemy knowing their fits would give to much intel. just search for the topic about killmails having death coordinates in them, it contains lots of that stuff, and eventually a DEV response too.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

This is why chassis scanners are in game, something EvE did not have (at least when I played).

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:

This is why chassis scanners are in game, something EvE did not have (at least when I played).

There are ship scanners, but I don't exactly know what they show. Nobody really uses them (apart from gankers I presume), though.

Anyway, I understand the reasoning behind the decision. It's sad, since it would've been handy, but acceptable I guess. That's what corp buddies are for, innit?

Kim Cho wrote:

This may also be helpful in balancing debates. I'd like to be able to post fits in support or opposition of arguments.

The Intel argument is good, but I'm not sympathetic to players who want to find and maintain advantages long term. It's healthier for game to more easily evolve to counter those 'secret' fits.

Sparking to other games

Mitix any news on the killboard?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Mitix when you use an apostrophe on the comments it wont post.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Either perp-kill hate has happened or its finally going to ***, because I could not help but notice that ANY killmails involving the corp linked here dont show up on perp-kill for whatever reason: http://killboard.sequer.nl/index.php?a= … ion_id=561

Since Mitix is long gone yet again I doubt anything will be fixed but I'm curious, it some kind of API bug that the corp is not having any KMs on perp-kill but on sequer? Or something else, I wonder.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

If I had to guess i'd say it's probably perp kills ongoing problems with the apostrophe. You haven't been able to post comments with an apostrophe for a while and since that corp has one in its name I'd assume that's the same issue.

YUP