Topic: Beacon activation and ownership

Please change the mechanic of the beacon ownership.

The player that deploys the beacon should be the owner of the beacon and the NPCs that spawn, no matter who activates the beacon.

Industrial Junkie

2 (edited by Norrdec 2014-07-01 09:44:00)

Re: Beacon activation and ownership

So, deploy the bacon, hide in the station, let someone activate the bacon and look at the npc roam without attacking anyone?

Bacon abuse anyone? Would you like a side of eggs with that? lol

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

if nobody kills the NPCs, the person deploying the beacon looses out.

Its better to have this then what we have now, players waiting for somebody to drop a beacon and then steal it by activating it before the deployer.

Industrial Junkie

DEV Zoom wrote:

To Tamas, and everyone else who thinks this is against some rule: it's not. It's everyone's own responsibility to find an undisturbed place for beacon operations, and to pick up your loot in time before it gets public. We can't and won't prevent anyone from being in the same location with you and shoot your NPCs that YOU decided to let out in the public at your chosen time and place.

learn to read, this is about beacon ownership. and not loot pickup or NPC tagging.

Industrial Junkie

Let me bold it then.

DEV Zoom wrote:

It's everyone's own responsibility to find an undisturbed place for beacon operations

Singleplayer games are that way -->

I dont think you get it, but that does not surprise me

Industrial Junkie

I get the fact that you went somewhere where everyone could see you, deployed a beacon and now you are crying that bad people are taking over your beacons.  lol

Go beacon on beta or something.

What I meant is, you dont get it in general what a single player game and an MMO is. This request would not be made if some players would understand what it means to share a gaming experience in am MMO with other players, instead they are doing everything possible to ruin someone else gaming experience.

Industrial Junkie

You don't understand that this mmo is not hello kitty online and no one is forced to be nice to you.
Just because you want to abuse a mechanic to get easy money doesn't mean the devs have to make it easier for you either.

11 (edited by Tamas Vitez 2014-07-01 11:55:04)

and what game mechanic am I exploiting ? You guys had no issues with beacons until you farmed them for years, now others want to legitimately use a game mechanic in the game (beacons), and now you call it exploiting ? What exactly am I exploiting ?

You are so butt-hurt that other players actually have fun on alpha that you grief and harass. You are no better then that soccer player that bites other players.

Industrial Junkie

We gave you the math in the other topic. Have fun printing money.

Our beacon-running never involved perfect safety on Alpha, or bots macroes and 3rd party software.

Whats going on right now hurts the game in the long run because there is no incentive whatsoever to even contest Beta, and without any incentive nobody does it --> WHICH IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN-GAME RIGHT NOW.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Our beacon-running never involved perfect safety on Alpha, or bots macroes and 3rd party software.

Whats going on right now hurts the game in the long run because there is no incentive whatsoever to even contest Beta, and without any incentive nobody does it --> WHICH IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN-GAME RIGHT NOW.

Please stay on topic, we are talking about beacons here and their activation mechanic, not beta incentives and whatnot, thanks

Industrial Junkie

and just to make it clear, as the majority of the players that you are abusing at the moment, I am not using any macro, bot or 3rd party software.

Industrial Junkie

But you are perfectly safe. This is not only about you, EVERYONE lost the incentive to use beta for any reason. The latest changes just enforced it - no more loot cans from explosion damage.
So sorry that I don't like your change to make the game alpha only.

Safety of alpha and lack of beta incentives is TBH one of the primary reasons of game's gradual decline. I really don't understand players vouching for it, as if they are rooting for the ruin of Perpetuum.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

its not my change, devs decided to do it. If you want changes, open your own topic about it. Please stay on topic here. Thanks

Industrial Junkie

Dear player Tamas, I agree with you whole heartedly.  Neutral sequer alts are everywhere!  You never know if your own alliance could be stealing from you!! I find it absolutely shame full that players won't even post on their main account on the forum, sad. Those same people too afraid of their actions seem like the shadey type who steal from you, double sad What makes this worse is Corperations who reside on alpha and poke at beta corps can be griefed by beta corps.  Triple sad  You could goto Beta to do it player Tamas.  But you risk losing loot quadruple sad  I'm so upset right now!  I feel horrible for you player Tamas.  It looks like you won't be popping beacons near a terminal.  You should put a ticket in!  The developers value your feedback!  I hope your gaming experience improves player Tamas.  Take care o/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Dear player Tamas, I agree with you whole heartedly.  Neutral sequer alts are everywhere!  You never know if your own alliance could be stealing from you!! I find it absolutely shame full that players won't even post on their main account on the forum, sad. Those same people too afraid of their actions seem like the shadey type who steal from you, double sad What makes this worse is Corperations who reside on alpha and poke at beta corps can be griefed by beta corps.  Triple sad  You could goto Beta to do it player Tamas.  But you risk losing loot quadruple sad  I'm so upset right now!  I feel horrible for you player Tamas.  It looks like you won't be popping beacons near a terminal.  You should put a ticket in!  The developers value your feedback!  I hope your gaming experience improves player Tamas.  Take care o/

Yet another harrasing post from an alliance of people breaking the game yet again to harass people on alpha. How long will this be allowed to continue?

Moderated. - DEV Zoom

Disturbance wrote:
Ville wrote:

Yet another harrasing post from an alliance of people breaking the game yet again to harass people on alpha. How long will this be allowed to continue?

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Who said chivalry was dead?

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

*edit: Please don't discuss moderation. - DEV Zoom

Incubators can be deployed and accessed by everyone. It is your responsibility to find a hiding spot for them. Distress beacons work the same way. DEV Zoom said it is your responsibility to find a good spot to do them.

So I would suggest you don't do them right out side a terminal or outpost. Find a spot.....

DEV Zoom wrote:

It's everyone's own responsibility to find an undisturbed place for beacon operations, and to pick up your loot in time before it gets public.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

24 (edited by Norrdec 2014-07-01 15:25:14)

No Gremrod, this is advanced stubborn. I used exactly the same qoute, hell even bolded exactly the same text, but was told I am stupid and can't read and that this is not connected.

But you did mention one important thing - should any Nora planted on alpha be harvest-able only by the owner? Because this is very similar.

Gremrod wrote:

Incubators can be deployed and accessed by everyone. It is your responsibility to find a hiding spot for them. Distress beacons work the same way. DEV Zoom said it is your responsibility to find a good spot to do them.

So I would suggest you don't do them right out side a terminal or outpost. Find a spot.....

DEV Zoom wrote:

It's everyone's own responsibility to find an undisturbed place for beacon operations, and to pick up your loot in time before it gets public.

Hail player Gremrod!  I would like to state that there is a miscommunication that I would like to state that could be transmitted wrong amongst players.

@ Tamas:  Do you think that Zoom thinks the cans are loot able by the public after a timeframe?  Or do you think Zoom knows that if someone helps activate a beacon it is in fact theirs to loot?

Player Tamas, I think Zoom understands the mechanic and there is no functionality way to fix it, so what he says with this blanket statement is that it is your responsibility not to be discovered doing beacons!  I hope I made the correct statements here and if not feel free to correct me in a manner which is acceptable to all parties involved with the topic.  Thanks and take care o/