Topic: Hidden Market Orders

Approximately 1 month ago there was a bug on the market such that some orders could not be either bought or sold.  It was explained at the time that these were "corps orders."  I let this slide but I did notice that these "corp orders" had buy prices (say for minerals) that were 50% to 150% higher than the regular market orders and these same "corp orders" had sell prices (say for robots) that were 25% to 50% less than the regular market orders. [ I do not know if these "corp orders" were inter corps (between corps) or intra corps (within a corps.)]

Why are there corps orders as they seem:

1)Undemocratic and elitist
     2)Punishing new players by not being able to sell to the highest bidder and get the best price on articles.
     3)Further creating advantages for older well established corps thru discriminatory practices.

I would hope a dev would respond to this.

Thank you.

Re: Hidden Market Orders

I'm not a DEV, but I think I can explain.

As a CEO in a hybrid corp structure, I need to first explain a couple things.

There are two economical play styles:  communist and capitalist.

Communist play styles support group play styles were everyone contributes effort and the corp provides for all the players needs.  This style is good for territorial expansion.
Capitalist play styles support solo play styles.  Were you reap what you sow really.  This can be slower to develop OR it can be very simple.  But relays heavily on market buy/sell orders.

The internal market system was incorporated years ago, because producers/officers would have corp production in house and have an in game bulletin of costs.  Players had to wait till someone got online to direct trade them.  Players use direct trade system because there's no taxes/fees.  Also nic stays in house in the corp.  The bottleneck in the system was catching someone online to trade.  So the DEV team gave us internal orders.

FYI, established corps typically have huge reserves of minerals.  So with the help of contributions of members corps can heavily discount gear/robots.  In PHM most bots sell for cost of now alpha materials.  Simply because we get a lot of contributions.  Large buy orders are placed to reward members for their hard work.  Or that mineral is heavily needed and they want the nic to stay in the corp.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Oh boy why did I not click on this thread sooner. The tears!

lol lol lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

New alliance name: Undemocratic and Elitist Party of Equals

Nakrin _Arme wrote:

2)Punishing new players by not being able to sell to the highest bidder and get the best price on articles.

It is a punishment for being in wrong corp and that is fine that way. You could still apply to get member of that corp.

Maybe a  corp is only corp who has a special item and will ensure only player of that corp get access. That is elitary, but not in wrong way.

Nakrin _Arme wrote:

Approximately 1 month ago there was a bug on the market such that some orders could not be either bought or sold.  It was explained at the time that these were "corps orders."  I let this slide but I did notice that these "corp orders" had buy prices (say for minerals) that were 50% to 150% higher than the regular market orders and these same "corp orders" had sell prices (say for robots) that were 25% to 50% less than the regular market orders. [ I do not know if these "corp orders" were inter corps (between corps) or intra corps (within a corps.)]

They are internal corporation orders, ie. within one corp. It happens entirely between corporation members, so no NPC orders are involved. This is merely a tool for corporations to provide certain items cheaper for their own members, but those are items they have acquired/produced themselves.

Another use of this feature is to set up internal orders to buy minerals for example: this way the corporation can basically give the assignment for its members to mine something, and pay them for their work too.