Re: Spark Teleport

This is the balancing thread, not corp dialogue. What makes you think spark teleport is balanced? What makes you think it isnt? You are the one making about metagaming and politics.

27 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-06-27 18:40:08)

Gwyndor wrote:

This is the balancing thread, not corp dialogue. What makes you think spark teleport is balanced? What makes you think it isnt? You are the one making about metagaming and politics.

Actually, this is the main thread. And this topic has been a pretty big one in multiple threads for over a year. OP is just one more in long line on this issue. And the amin issue I complain about with others is Instant Power Projection.

Look at the map. Even if 77CIR could still control all those islands and hold all those outposts it would be much much harder. Not everyone has 6 compat accounts. IZ is helpful, but requires coordinated movement and more organization. People can spark in independently back and forth and back and forth whenever at NO LOSS of time. Try going back and forth 2 times with IZ.

As for Corporate Dialogue, SpT is technically a Mechanics Issue and should surpass corporate dialogue issues. Realistically, it's just too intertwined with corp discussions to expect people not to drag in all the mud and start pointing fingers, making accusations and demands about "how you should play or not play."

I know its a major convenience, and as much as I want to see it limited (nerfed) more I know other BUFFS to transportation system and networks, combined with remote mechanics have to come in to compensate for the lost convenience to those NOT using sparks to project power.

It's a tough issue. But absent 100 more islands it too easily used by the strongest to control EVERYTHING.

I, now the dominant force, made the case over a year ago.

The problem with some of the people on the Dev Team is they don't believe *** stinks till you stick their nose in it.

Hence why we control the map.  Its kind of a I told you thing.

They were told YEARS ago transport missions and beacons were broken. Aghem **red act** million pieces of plasma later.

Little fish can not compete with big fish in tiny ponds.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Spark teleport was OP back then because we could instantly jump into fights.  Now we just use more accounts to jump into fights...

Making a spark change because there is less map area even though Gamma is currently slated for release SOON (TM) is an effort in futility.

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Spark teleport is OP because 24 gamma islands are not in game.  You guys are missing the big picture.

Even then its a huge improvement from the old system that allowed for a total of 10 spark locations.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

24 gamma islands. A terminal on Gamma will require 3 spark points. Most people will want 2 sparks in 2 different terminals.

SUDDENLY BALANCED.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

24 gamma islands. A terminal on Gamma will require 3 spark points. Most people will want 2 sparks in 2 different terminals.

SUDDENLY BALANCED.

was there a post that confirms that gamma will need 3, and not like currently on PST just two?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Anni he means 1 alpha 1 beta 1 gamma.

I mean it won't be feasible to have more then beta/gamma sparks anyway because anyone worth their salt will have 3 terminals with 3 sparks on Gamma anyway.

That's 6 spt's spoken for.

4 left.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I mean it won't be feasible to have more then beta/gamma sparks anyway because anyone worth their salt will have 3 terminals with 3 sparks on Gamma anyway.

That's 6 spt's spoken for.

4 left.

well with highways coming is that really the case?

Also dont forget blood spark.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

and you will need sparks on gamma for what exactly?

to be able to jump between your three terminals with your whole combat force because else you would not be able to defend them while  also attacking other gamma bases AND also doing your alpha exploiting (your words)?

does that mean you need those sparks because:
1. you are not strong enough to hold a gamma base
2. gamma or beta is not worth living there, which leads to situations where you have no presence in agents to defend your little base?
3. you think an attacker needs to travel to your base to attack it, but you need to be able to instant-teleport there to defend it in case someone takes advantage of youre force "not beeing home".

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

37 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-06-28 16:43:09)

Annihilator wrote:

and you will need sparks on gamma for what exactly?

to be able to jump between your three terminals with your whole combat force because else you would not be able to defend them while  also attacking other gamma bases AND also doing your alpha exploiting (your words)?

does that mean you need those sparks because:
1. you are not strong enough to hold a gamma base
2. gamma or beta is not worth living there, which leads to situations where you have no presence in agents to defend your little base?
3. you think an attacker needs to travel to your base to attack it, but you need to be able to instant-teleport there to defend it in case someone takes advantage of youre force "not beeing home".

What are you trying to prove and/or suggest with your latest I-hate-my-life post?

I just realized my last few posts have been on my alt. I am the OP, lab geek.  Just to make sure people don't think I'm trying to add argument to any side.

I really appreciate the leve of coordination and preparation the current powers have, I just want there to be a drawback to instant projection. Teleportation and iz are not instant but are effective and some argue OP (i think they are fine). If someone wishes tospark into a fight it shouldn't be able to work any faster than a teleport spool up time. Just a 3 minute delay on undocking would be the only solution I would seek to balance spark teleport.

As an additional disclaimer and side note, I do not think 77 or CIR's success is because of a slightly broken mechanic. Their success is built on preparation and communication for fast response. Having eyes on targets/danger and then dropping teleported to prepare for defense and attacking is perfectly fine and it takes a lot communication to do that. What I don't think is ok is being able to go from dom to hook instantly and undocking right away to gank someone who decided to engage.

Can I get a comment from 77 and/or CIR on these ideas?

39 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-28 23:34:50)

been saying that for a year

but ------ zoom insists it does more good than harm

welp

welcome to another low pop server

Gwyndor wrote:

I just realized my last few posts have been on my alt. I am the OP, lab geek.  Just to make sure people don't think I'm trying to add argument to any side.

I really appreciate the leve of coordination and preparation the current powers have, I just want there to be a drawback to instant projection. Teleportation and iz are not instant but are effective and some argue OP (i think they are fine). If someone wishes tospark into a fight it shouldn't be able to work any faster than a teleport spool up time. Just a 3 minute delay on undocking would be the only solution I would seek to balance spark teleport.

As an additional disclaimer and side note, I do not think 77 or CIR's success is because of a slightly broken mechanic. Their success is built on preparation and communication for fast response. Having eyes on targets/danger and then dropping teleported to prepare for defense and attacking is perfectly fine and it takes a lot communication to do that. What I don't think is ok is being able to go from dom to hook instantly and undocking right away to gank someone who decided to engage.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Gwyndor wrote:

I'm not patting our alliance on the back but we have so many freaking accounts that we have scouts in every terminal in game and deployed.  We have pre staged assault points and we have beacon layers on 75% logged off on key gates.

We don't get off on pushing new players *** in.  We want you to grow.  Hence why we gave you SI on kent originally but Jita threw a fit and qq'd and took it.  Your first mistake was allying with tell we hate CIR/77 crew.  If cons seperated itself you could grow.  STC is a cancer, it runs and hides when things get tough, but flourishes when it's not contested.

Jokes own arrogance will be its demise.

Cons never hated anyone. We acted in the interest of fights. We got them heh.

I will try and reiterate that this is not meant to be a corp dialogue thread. This is purely for the opinion on wether or not spark teleport needs to be balanced or if it is fine the way it is. I am fully aware that this would change next to nothing for control of betas. It's just one topic on my list I think could use some conversation but it is by no leans the first on my list.

There is 52 pages of I TOLD YOU SO.  Feel free to read it.

Ville wrote:

Just found that thread tongue its still 51 pages of corp dialogue but it does show the amount of debate it has drawn. Maybe this is why the devs havent opt'd to try and work on it since their doesnt seem to be a communally agreed upon solution or a consensus that there is a problem with it at all.

Maybe time for a revist and new thread to try and cut to the chase, as it were?

44 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-06-30 03:54:53)

Lab Geek wrote:
Ville wrote:

Just found that thread tongue its still 51 pages of corp dialogue but it does show the amount of debate it has drawn. Maybe this is why the devs havent opt'd to try and work on it since their doesnt seem to be a communally agreed upon solution or a consensus that there is a problem with it at all.

Maybe time for a revist and new thread to try and cut to the chase, as it were?

No way you read it then.

No reason to rehash it all over again. The first 30 pages or so are main 'meat' of it. People who have said SpT broken from day one spoke to MECHANICS. At the time STC  owned all the outposts and dragged the whole debate into corp dialogue gutter. They refused to let go of ACCUSATION that the ONLY reason we were looking for spark nerf was that WE wanted Dev intervention to get access to Beta. Well guess what *** now 77CIR dominates Beta and the same people pushing for spark nerf then are still pushing for it now.

Go read the thread THOROUGHLY and don't *** tell me it's all corp dialogue(skip STC posts). We don't need to rehash that ***. And until Gamma comes out I doubt those of us still seeking nerf will make any headway.

I said it when I was the smallest entity in game and I continue saying when we own almost everything.  It needs a cooldown 4 hours.

Gwyndor wrote:

What I don't think is ok is being able to go from dom to hook instantly and undocking right away to gank someone who decided to engage.

You need better spies.  That's not how it works at all.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

What I don't think is ok is being able to go from dom to hook instantly and undocking right away to gank someone who decided to engage.

I don't see why spies are needed or why they are even mentioned

48 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-30 22:51:06)

Gwyndor wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

I don't see why spies are needed or why they are even mentioned

You made assumptions about how we move which are inaccurate and are petitioning for nerfs based on your false beliefs.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I don't believe I have ever stated in any thread that anyone in particular is abusing the mechanic forinstant projection. It is simply a mechanic that I think shouldn't be there or if it is that it is balanced.

Where you quoted me I even stated that I don't believe it is what attributes to a successful beta occupation, it simply dissuades engagements that would otherwise have happened if not for the fear of instant projection.

Also, you should have better spies if you believe we are petitioning for a nerf. Talk about inaccuracies and false beliefs...