1 (edited by Lab Geek 2014-06-27 06:02:12)

Topic: Spark Teleport

Sparks were to stop walking everywhere when the map was huge and there weren't a lot of people. The map is a third its size when this was implemented and the population is more than three times the size.

No need to get rid of it, just make it proportional. Density went from 36 islands to 12 so 1/3 of the playable area and also went from roughly 80 people online to roughly 240 online so 3x as much players.

So spark teleport is 900% more effective in this environment than what it was intended to be when it came out in gamma.

Thoughts?

Will update as ideas come in to balance this back to what it is intended to be used or if you think it is working as intended.

----------------------    6-27-14   --------------------------------

It has been recommended that you get one home spark and 1 or two additional "forward" sparks to allow assistance for allies or for pushing your own front.

There has also been several posts thus far commenting on the usefulness of sparks for remote asset management. I am not a coder but is it possible to put this higher up on the agenda to add remote sell options? Spark teleport can be used for many things other than selling things remotely but selling things remotely can not be used for anything other than selling things remotely.

Re: Spark Teleport

dont take it away, it will make it less easy to dominate beta

thanks

1 alpha spark, 1 beta spark, 1 gamma spark (when it's implemented again).

Problem solved.

Gunner wrote:

thanks

Hold on some one is saying there is a target on the far corner of Kent

<5 minutes later>

Got em. Back to mining on Nova

Sparking to other games

Smokeyii wrote:

1 alpha spark, 1 beta spark, 1 gamma spark (when it's implemented again).

Problem solved.

+1 something like this would be great, keep sparks to a minimum

Rex Amelius wrote:
Gunner wrote:

thanks

<5 minutes later>

But if you got your target it must be helping the game by creating more pvp!

+1
-Confucius

7 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-06-26 23:37:53)

Kaldenines wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Gunner wrote:

thanks

<5 minutes later>

But if you got your target it must be helping the game by creating more pvp!

Of course. Sparks create PvP. BUFF sparks!!!

The faster I can kill anything that steps foot on Beta anywhere the better for PvP in this game!

I'm digging that nomad lifestyle following targets around.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

They should have them to be 1 point per station since 2 points and 1 point on others.

Plus I think a cool down on sparks would be helpfull of a few hours since that would prevent people from going to one island and then hoping to the next and killing people with out a spark penalty. If that was the case we need more islands than just 6 Beta so it would be worth not having a delay.

We discussed these two ideas for a year with Devs.

Paradox Nine wrote:

They should have them to be 1 point per station since 2 points and 1 point on others.

Plus I think a cool down on sparks would be helpfull of a few hours since that would prevent people from going to one island and then hoping to the next and killing people with out a spark penalty. If that was the case we need more islands than just 6 Beta so it would be worth not having a delay.

Sparks were actually implemented because there was no remote trade management, contracts or any other sort of remote asset management.

Burial wrote:

Sparks were actually implemented because there was no remote trade management, contracts or any other sort of remote asset management.

And this is not the first time Devs used a sledge hammer when they should have used a scapel. I'm not even sure if remote mechanics are on agenda.

But whatever because Gunner's idea to completely remove sparks from Beta may be the best compromise possible given extreme usefulness of Sparks in Alpha and certain need for them in Gamma.

With that perhaps a look at IZ. But for now I can live with people using IZ to 'project power" from Alpha or wherever. It certainly is a lot more difficult that sparking.

A easily returnable Home point plus 2 other places to spark, and remove the extension.   Problem solved.

You guys do realize that if sparks get removed you'll spend less time playing craft the world and more time hauling your gear around the world in circles as we chase stuff around from base to base right? smile

CIR Complaint Form

15 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-06-27 05:22:53)

Syndic wrote:

You guys do realize that if sparks get removed you'll spend less time playing craft the world and more time hauling your gear around the world in circles as we chase stuff around from base to base right? smile

Yup

But theory is that others will have room to come to Beta and grow without Dominating Power up there *** in minutes. It's good for the game imo

All great responses for those in favor of leaving it, buffing it, or taking away from it.

I'll be sure to update the OP.

The room is there. Sparks don't change the fact that if a corp isn't strong enough to capture and actively defend their territory, they won't be able to reap the rewards or hold on to the territory at all.

You know about the highways Rex, playing with sparks changes nothing except it allows us to hellcamp people into stations.

CIR Complaint Form

18 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-27 12:46:50)

Lab Geek wrote:

Sparks were to stop walking everywhere when the map was huge and there weren't a lot of people. The map is a third its size when this was implemented and the population is more than three times the size.

No need to get rid of it, just make it proportional. Density went from 36 islands to 12 so 1/3 of the playable area and also went from roughly 80 people online to roughly 240 online so 3x as much players.

So spark teleport is 900% more effective in this environment than what it was intended to be when it came out in gamma.

Thoughts?

Will update as ideas come in to balance this back to what it is intended to be used or if you think it is working as intended.

----------------------    6-27-14   --------------------------------

It has been recommended that you get one home spark and 1 or two additional "forward" sparks to allow assistance for allies or for pushing your own front.

There has also been several posts thus far commenting on the usefulness of sparks for remote asset management. I am not a coder but is it possible to put this higher up on the agenda to add remote sell options? Spark teleport can be used for many things other than selling things remotely but selling things remotely can not be used for anything other than selling things remotely.

You know jack *** about how much the game sucks without it.  Or highways (even bad ones).  Or autopilot.  Or beacons.  Personally, I'd quit playing without it.  The main time sink in this game is *STILL* travel time, overwhelmingly, my dear newbie.

EDIT: It wouldn't even effect most of our guys if it were nerfed to ***, even the ones who want it, because everyone has a million accounts that can be based out of different places and the resources to make it viable.

You will still never be safe on kent in your small shielded termis.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I'm glad RADs getting good use out of Kent.  I was even more happy to see STC having docking rights in Lao.  It's like it was foretold.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Creps right though.  Most of CIR and 77 has multiple accounts.  For me personally I have one account that can be anywhere in the world in under 3 minutes.  If SpT is removed, I'll position my two other combat accounts to the different islands and play that way.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Well lets face it, they'll never be safe if we continue sitting in their TS and listening. lol

CIR Complaint Form

This is not about multiple accounts or metagaming. Game mechanics shouldnt be buffed/nerfed based on how people use multiple accounts. If people want to place their accounts all over the place because they cant spark there, fine. If you can get a spy into a corps teamspeak, fine. Being able to hop onto an island for pvp and then hop back in less than 8 minutes is kind of silly when you can hop onto any island like that.

You can do that regardless with interzones or standard teleports.

That's how we used to move our ~120 man fleets, 5 minutes from Novastrov to knocking on the doors of Alsbale.

CIR Complaint Form

The reason for posting is the ability to instantly be from dom to alsbale and back again without any penalty or cooldown. If you are coordinated with interzones then this shouldn't be a topic of interest for you.

It's a topic of interest because it's subjective and self-interest driven with no thought for the consequences of constantly bringing up more and more stuff for the Devs to reverse-engineer so you and yours can pretend it's something to do with the game instead of your inability and lack of willpower to fight for territory.

And then Gamma will come, and you'll be collectively *** at the Devs that it's too expensive and too risky to spend 2-3 interzones to get between Alpha and Gamma while having to be 500 off the gate.

Devs can't fix us being able to pick up our collective corporations off the ground and relocate them to your front door because we feel like it.

Actually they can, but you'll have to start a mass petition to get us banned because XYZ. Hell, it worked once before it might work again.

CIR Complaint Form