Topic: Remove teleport routes on Alpha's

I do not understand why I must stop at a mid point along a teleport route.
  It seems like a much better idea would be to just have all internal TP's work the same as standard deployable TP's.

There could be a debate about this on beta's do to pvp. I personally would still like to see the change on Beta's as well.

Re: Remove teleport routes on Alpha's

epic wrote:

It seems like a much better idea would be to just have all internal TP's work the same as standard deployable TP's.

There could be a debate about this on beta's do to pvp. I personally would still like to see the change on Beta's as well.

+1

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

epic wrote:

Definitely not Beta / Gamma.

I want to say yes for Alpha but that would be OP. For each Teleport to act like a mobile means you could take any TP to any TP on island. That's tempting, but no. Perhaps something more limiting but also allowing for much more fluid travel through TPs at least on Alpha.

Basically, Devs rework the highways and TP networks. They suck

Rage Rex wrote:

I want to say yes for Alpha but that would be OP. For each Teleport to act like a mobile means you could take any TP to any TP on island. That's tempting, but no. Perhaps something more limiting but also allowing for much more fluid travel through TPs at least on Alpha.

What he said.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Rage Rex wrote:

How would it be OP? (not a troll question)

I was thinking for internals only not able to select outer tp's as a destination

Rage Rex wrote:

He is saying allow the internal TPs to connect to internal only but let them reach each other rather than having a hop.

Gremrod wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

He is saying allow the internal TPs to connect to internal only but let them reach each other rather than having a hop.

That seems fair enough. Too bad it's not up to me.

Maybe cut out a few of the internals and allow them to work as mobiles and rework the highways. However the teles end up the highways need to be worked for them.

Gwyndor wrote:

Maybe cut out a few of the internals and allow them to work as mobiles and rework the highways. However the teles end up the highways need to be worked for them.

They plan on a highway rework. They stated in their blog. So it may end up being better when they are done with that highway revamp.

the Islands are small, you want to increase mobility?

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:

the Islands are small, you want to increase mobility?

Moible TPs  already do that. Making the internals not have a hop to other internals makes no difference in my eyes.

I think that highways should go from tp's to points of interest on the island not from tp to tp. Then make all internal tp's able to port to each other Not external ports.
As long as the internals are far enough away from externals that the walking distance takes as long or longer than the charge up time on a mobile tp it would not speed up anything. It would only make everything much more convenient.

As for highways I think it would be good to have enter/exit points along with roads that don't have speed but plants don't grow on. (Why wouldn't we design another planets travel system like ours?)

I like the idea.

RIP PERPETUUM