Re: Get rid of roaming caravan spawns

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Jita wrote:

Well there's a theme here isn't there. Nobody was very happy with all yellow spawns on alpha change either.

Here's an idea:

STOP THINKING OF COOL AND INVENTIVE WAYS TO USE BETA ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I'M NO LONGER IN YOUR ALLIANCE ***

try that.

Clarified in yellow big_smile

Best.  Troll.  EVER!!!!!!!!!!

10/10

upvoted.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Khader Khan wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, stupid question: did you think about shooting the small ones first?

Stupid answer YES AND I DIED due to not shooting the dps dealing bots

Just another thing to not do in beta......A place where we were supposed to have an appeal or lure to be balanced. RISK VS REWARD. Stop band-aiding problems and breaking 4 other mechanics

Selling Beta in this game is pretty comical.

Lets face it, you have Epri mining and..... well... Epri Mining.

full disclosure of my train of though:

So let the Overlords mine Epri because I sure as hell don't want to. Once you get over the illusion of risk, it's no diiferent than mining Liquizit for 10 hours a day. When it gluts the market and tanks to 5 NIC, ( and it will because they wasted all their time mining Epri and need the NIC) I will buy it and pander some more to the Overlord Ego, crying crocodile tears about how I wish I had  their Epri farms (not) and didn't need to buy it at 5% of my Alpha income.

You thought I avoided Beta cuz I are skeered of the PvP's? No, I don't want to upset my meal ticket. I make more farming tier 1 spawns on Alpha and that is saying something because that is like watching paint dry.

Skydell wrote:

Once you get over the illusion of risk, it's no diiferent than mining Liquizit for 10 hours a day.

This is where your logic breaks down completely.  Beta risk (killed any time anywhere outside a station by people or NPCs which roam in massive caravans and ridiculous 1 or 2 man juggernauts) is, literally, infinitely greater than Alpha (no risk at all anywhere).

When it gluts the market and tanks to 5 NIC, ( and it will because they wasted all their time mining Epri and need the NIC) I will buy it and pander some more to the Overlord Ego, crying crocodile tears about how I wish I had  their Epri farms (not) and didn't need to buy it at 5% of my Alpha income.

You thought I avoided Beta cuz I are skeered of the PvP's? No, I don't want to upset my meal ticket. I make more farming tier 1 spawns on Alpha and that is saying something because that is like watching paint dry.

Perhaps.

You're actually strengthening the arguments about how Beta needs more reason to be there (financially/gear wise) and Gamma will likely need it even more.

Instead, we get a huge explosion damage nerf making the laughable Beta NPC farming potential even more ridicule-worthy.

Personally I'm from the camp that is generally against nerfs and more about buffing.  Beta needs a buff.  If Gamma never came back I'd be fine with it tbh big_smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Epri might tank to about 2.

Just sayin. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Crepitus wrote:
Skydell wrote:

Once you get over the illusion of risk, it's no diiferent than mining Liquizit for 10 hours a day.

This is where your logic breaks down completely.  Beta risk (killed any time anywhere outside a station by people or NPCs which roam in massive caravans and ridiculous 1 or 2 man juggernauts) is, literally, infinitely greater than Alpha (no risk at all anywhere).

When it gluts the market and tanks to 5 NIC, ( and it will because they wasted all their time mining Epri and need the NIC) I will buy it and pander some more to the Overlord Ego, crying crocodile tears about how I wish I had  their Epri farms (not) and didn't need to buy it at 5% of my Alpha income.

Perhaps.

You're actually strengthening the arguments about how Beta needs more reason to be there (financially/gear wise) and Gamma will likely need it even more.

Instead, we get a huge explosion damage nerf making the laughable Beta NPC farming potential even more ridicule-worthy.

Personally I'm from the camp that is generally against nerfs and more about buffing.  Beta needs a buff.  If Gamma never came back I'd be fine with it tbh big_smile

My goal when I wrote this wasn't to rub noses in the situation. It was intended to promote better content. All content outside Epri requires group, not just because it's group oriented but because you need to 'herd up' to handle any PvP that might come along. It's a legitimate balance.

But, there is no way reward competes at the productivity level right now when compared to Alpha. It's a scaling issue throughout the whole game. Typical Tier 1 spawn drops 30 plasma, a Tier 3 averages 50 to 60 and take much longer to kill and repair from. I can take down 5 Tier 1 in field time faster than I can take down a single tier 3 all aspects taken in to account. Add to that I am keeping all of it. I don't need to share with 11 other people, Beta NPC farming is just not on the grid as far as lucrative.

I'm still holding to the risk illusion. If hostility is on the Island or near an Epri spawn, you really don't risk. You just log out Industrial until it goes away. Much like it was on Alpha2 before, if a resource shows up on a red spawn you can't do much about it. The spawn system is infinite and absolute and mining under siege is impossible. There isn't a risk ration. You can or you can't.

tl:dr Beta sucks.

Beta does suck, yeah.

Alpha is infinitely superior for making money.

CIR Complaint Form

DEV Zoom wrote:

If playing the game without easy mode is wasting your time, then I don't have anything to say really.

I have asked this question in another thread already and I am going to repeat it:

From your point of view, what exactly is your intended incentive for us new players to go beta?

I know it has to be harder and includes more risk, but there also has to be a bigger reward. If I can run beacons all day on alpha and can get ALL the loot, while on beta i not only risk my bot, but ALSO my loot (more risk -> less reward), why should I go there?

Kim Cho wrote:

... why should I go there?

for the same reason gamers all over the world play "hardcore mode" in games like Diablo wink
and ofc, for PvP

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Kim Cho wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

If playing the game without easy mode is wasting your time, then I don't have anything to say really.

I have asked this question in another thread already and I am going to repeat it:

From your point of view, what exactly is your intended incentive for us new players to go beta?

I know it has to be harder and includes more risk, but there also has to be a bigger reward. If I can run beacons all day on alpha and can get ALL the loot, while on beta i not only risk my bot, but ALSO my loot (more risk -> less reward), why should I go there?

Yeah Zoom. I'm curious too.

Sparking to other games

Don't listen to the hype about beacons, the best way to make nic in game is still by far located on beta as in Epriton mining and noralgis (which has more on it in beta then alpha, and if you "control" an area is safer to do) harvesting.

By far.

Most of this is corp spin -- CIR/77th got busted abusing mechanics which prompted a kneejerk reaction by the devs which nerfed ratting in general on beta, and will probably be fixed once the devs get around to fixing it better. Now they're trying to push for limiting alpha income by claiming everyone on alpha macro mines 24/7 and macro's beacons with 14 accounts. It's simply not true.

We were using mechanics and you couldn't do anything about it, so the Devs threw you a bone and changed superficial stuff around so you can stop pestering them.

Naturally this develops into a pattern, so the bleating will continue. And I'm sure there's a few hungarians over there happy to give ol' chums a ring when needed. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Smokeyii wrote:

Don't listen to the hype about beacons, the best way to make nic in game is still by far located on beta as in Epriton mining and noralgis (which has more on it in beta then alpha, and if you "control" an area is safer to do) harvesting.

By far.

Most of this is corp spin -- CIR/77th got busted abusing mechanics which prompted a kneejerk reaction by the devs which nerfed ratting in general on beta, and will probably be fixed once the devs get around to fixing it better. Now they're trying to push for limiting alpha income by claiming everyone on alpha macro mines 24/7 and macro's beacons with 14 accounts. It's simply not true.

Dearest player Smokeyii!  I would implore you my dear friend to check out this website http://www.sequer.nl .  There is a map of where players died at.  Dear player smokeyii, I hope you use this feature in the future.  hope you are well.  Take care! o/

63 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-05 20:22:23)

Smokeyii wrote:

CIR/77th got busted abusing mechanics

Which players were 'busted'? and can you please describe said 'bust'

Did anyone get a 'timeout' as in some form of ban?

Did anyone get his 'toys' taken away as in some type of loss of nic or assets?

Did anyone 'take the ball and run home' as in force Devs to break more mechanics to dam the flow of tears?

I heard a rumor that someone lost a game of kickball. Rather than playing another game he ran to the nearest teacher and complained that kids were eating too much ice cream.

Sparking to other games

Roaming NPC's on Beta should definitely be removed.

They serve no function anymore.

CIR Complaint Form

Sadly, sad .  I miss hunting NPCs on Gamma and Beta.

Lalala and the beat goes on..