Topic: Chain disconnects

hard to even post on the forums because of it too.  All accounts and website becoming randomly inaccessible.  Started yesterday worse today.  Still connected to everything non-perp related without issue....

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Chain disconnects

Must be something in your area, I'm not having any issues from here.

Had chain disconnect issue, lasted about 10 minutes, same problem on Co-axial Cable Connection and Mobile Phone connection, on different PCs, maybe local router infrastructure issue, but I heard affecting people from other parts of the world at same time.

4 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-25 19:18:04)

Getting worse not better.  Expect reimbursement tickets to start pouring in.

EDIT: Latency is more than doubled as well.  From ~140 to ~360 ms.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

5 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-25 22:50:17)

I have noticed that every time a client disconnects it adds an [r21694] to the running-program window name until killed completely and restarted.  I'm up to 8+ on some of mine...

Population graphs

Dude, you have more issues with Perp clients than everyone I know put together...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

7 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-26 00:35:58)

Shadowmine wrote:

Dude, you have more issues with Perp clients than everyone I know put together...

These are network connection issues not client issues...  And most of the people you know likely never login or play like an hour a week.

EDIT: I also run multiple clients on multiple machines...

Population graphs

8 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-26 01:59:31)

Devolved in to completely unplayable.  Can't stay logged in more than 30 seconds. 1400+ pings.

Population graphs

What does a tracert relay.perpetuum-online.com show?

DEV Zoom wrote:

What does a tracert relay.perpetuum-online.com show?

It looked fine until the connection would completely die.  I did notice the last 4 or 5 hops (all in amsterdam) would sometimes change results from not reporting anything at all to responding but the route and hosts didn't change.  That was last night though.  I'll try again today.

Population graphs

11 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-29 16:30:21)

I've noticed that this starts around 1600-1800 server time tapers off and everything is fine for awhile and then comes back again around 12 hours later.

EDIT: I've seen hops 15-19 (21 total hops for me) or so change multiple times to/from different providers (ntt/pnap), I think that is where the problem likely is.

Population graphs