1 (edited by Gremrod 2014-08-15 14:39:47)

Topic: Syndicate Faction Warfare Islands - UPDATED 7/3/14

Reference this thread: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/103207/#p103207

Syndicate Faction Warfare

Agents and entire corporations can join the syndicate faction conglomerate/alliance (Yellow,Blue, or Green) to fight on these islands. Only members of the syndicate faction alliance can enter these islands.

Syndicate Conglomerates

• Asintech Conglomerate

• ICS Conglomerate

• Truhold Conglomerate

Syndicate warfare islands would be half the size of its current alpha or beta islands. Each faction would have one syndicate/faction island. Each island will have two small outposts and three objectives that need to completed by a faction for that faction to hold control.

The islands will follow the rock/paper/scissors approach already in game B->G->Y->B

• Blue island will have a Blue outpost and a Green outpost.

• Green island will have a Green outpost and a Yellow outpost.

• Yellow islands will have a Yellow outpost and a Blue outpost.

Updated the island drawing: Islands

The three objectives (SAP system)

• Passive hack
    Once completed the sap loot can will drop. The agents/corps involved will receive war tokens.

• Active hack
    Once completed the sap loot can will drop. The agents/corps involved will receive war tokens.

• Destruction

This is the island that each syndicate has to control for sending energy back through the wormhole to earth.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

2 (edited by Gremrod 2014-06-13 17:31:44)

Re: Syndicate Faction Warfare Islands - UPDATED 7/3/14

Island level Bonuses

If the syndicate war island is held by its corresponding conglomerate then the Alpha 2 and Beta 2 islands gets a boost to production facilities.

If the island is not held by its corresponding conglomerate then no island bonus is given to the corresponding alpha 2 and beta 2 islands.

Agent level Rewards

Agents that participate in any of the objective whether it be defensive or offensive actions they will earn war tokens that can be used in the syndicate store or in the new syndicate war store.

If an agent belongs to the syndicate that holds the three war objectives on the island they get the island aura applied to their bot when on that island. Each war island has a single specific aura.

Ideas for Syndicate War Store items.

• Syndicate light/assault/mech/heavy CTs
    The syndicate has found a way to improve the alien technology. These CTs create a bot with better stats than current mk1 bots.

• Syndicate War Ammo
    This ammo is a little better than faction ammo. i.e. Inferno IX still has the same range as Heat IX but does a bit more damage or they could just get a bit more range instead.

Wait like EVE faction warfare ? tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Yes

This is used to print ISK in EVE, tell me why do we want to print NIC in Perpetuum?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

+1

TBH this game needs more content. And this is not a bad idea.

I see no reason not to have something like this.  EvE devs managed to balance their faction warfare with the rest of the game.

You could also make large portions of these islands inaccessible to mechs and above.

Although adding more beta islands could be quicker to alleviate the short term problems?

+1
-Confucius

It's still a ISK printing machine.
http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?t=65348
600 mil/h is a LOT in eve.

Additional feedback - Only members of the syndicate faction alliance can enter these islands. - does it mean my yellow bot can't fight for the blue guys?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I'm all for new content.

Norrdec wrote:

Additional feedback - Only members of the syndicate faction alliance can enter these islands. - does it mean my yellow bot can't fight for the blue guys?

It means only the agents or corps that have joined the syndicate faction alliance. Just because you pilot a yellow bot doesn't mean your part of the Asintech's syndicate alliance. You must join one of the three syndicate alliances first.

Asintech
ICS
Truhold

Norrdec wrote:

This is used to print ISK in EVE, tell me why do we want to print NIC in Perpetuum?

Then the DEVs here can learn from the mistakes made from CCP.

I like the idea of this giving a player two play styles to earn tokens that can get you items from the syndicate store.

Agents that don't like pvp can get their tokens running assignments.

Agents that don't like pve can join the syndicate war and earn token fighting other players.

13 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-11 16:37:25)

FW isn't that great for money anymore.  Also corporations in EVE can 'join the war' and their members are then flagged for the opposing faction regardless of where they are which would be ... interesting.

EDIT:  I do think it would be a good addition and that it should give tokens and/or NIC and maybe in the future special paint jobs or something.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

Also corporations in EVE can 'join the war' and their members are then flagged for the opposing faction regardless of where they are which would be ... interesting.

Yeah I was thinking the same for it here too.

15 (edited by Gremrod 2014-06-13 16:14:53)

Added in bonuses for islands and a couple ideas for syndicate items that can be bought with war tokens only.

16 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-13 16:59:05)

Really good stuff here.

the game needs a competitive pve objective for those not ready or who have no interest in pvp.

Also, perhaps hash out a visual bragging rights thing for the corps who hold the pve objective.  I want to say some robot statue outside of the alpha main terminal with the corp flag on it.

Something visual in game that says: these guys won

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

17 (edited by Gremrod 2014-06-13 17:04:38)

Stranger Danger wrote:

Something visual in game that says: these guys won

Good one!

if more than one corp helped it would need to display multiply corp logos. And also the NPC corp logos for those solo fighters.

To be honest, faction warfare is the only thing I did in EVE for the 4 months I played, and while defensive plexing was boring as *** there were good fights to be had especially when one of the factions decided they were going to make major pushes (I was Gallente). 

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement for the DEVs or how time consuming but the OP has a good starting layout.  I like the omission of specimen.  No one likes it smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

I like the omission of specimen.  No one likes it smile

smile

I was thinking why copy this exsacly from eve why not create a island that has 2 of the 3 faction
at war (War zones?) on a island.

the island wuld be split in 2 whit the faction fighting each other  2 stations on the island that give u mission to sabotage, kill, scout, capture and so on  on the other half of the island obv islands wuld have to be big

was just a tught i had tongue

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

I was thinking why copy this exsacly from eve why not create a island that has 2 of the 3 faction
at war (War zones?) on a island.

the island wuld be split in 2 whit the faction fighting each other  2 stations on the island that give u mission to sabotage, kill, scout, capture and so on  on the other half of the island obv islands wuld have to be big

was just a tught i had tongue

That is a good idea and could fold into the OP. I see no reason why this kind of feature for warfare could not happen.

I am just putting together ideas and post and see what other people can post and build upon those ideas.

Updated OP with change to islands with small outposts and following the rock/paper/scissors.

Note not done. Still have ideas for the specifics for the outposts and why they will be on the islands.

23 (edited by Gremrod 2014-07-03 17:41:28)

One idea I have right now for each faction island to only allow bots that match the outposts. i.e if the island has an outpost color that matches your bot you can enter with that bot color. if not you can't enter the island.

Not sure about this idea at the moment.

new combat bots and weapons before anything else please...................

25 (edited by Nooodlzs 2014-07-03 18:21:49)

C 3PO wrote:

new combat bots and weapons before anything else please...................

Content is DESPERATELY needed before new robots and weapons, there are very few players that can pilot all bots that are in game ATM, content makes people login and play, wether that content is Gamma islands, the above suggestions or more varied assignments it doesn't really matter but that is the crux of the problem, the available assignments are terrible and if the game needs more active players, there needs to be enough content for them to continue to play, ATM top end content is extremely limited, ball and chains on Alpha Islands, well that is enough for like 6 players.

No wonder people are unsubscribing, there is nothing interesting for them to do PVE wise.

+1 to the OP.