Topic: Loot disappearing due to explosion damage

I guess this feature is aimed at producing more realism. This is an admirable intention but I don't think it goes far enough.

Warthunder is an increasingly popular game that breaks away from the dull model of using hitpoints to represent damage.

Surely it would not be too difficult to implement something like this in perpetuum?

This could be done by either having separate hitpoints (and resitances) for each module or by using a look-up table with specific effects (or some combination of the two).

You could have various interesting results due to incoming damage
- bot mobility could be affected
- various modules could be knocked out or reduced in their efficincy/effectiveness/accuracy
- the reactor's recharge rate or capacity could be damaged
- the reactor could overload leading to an instant explosion (destroying the bot, modules and cargo)
- the cortex could be destroyed leaving all the modules and cargo intact

Various types of damage could be more likely to give one effect or another.

There could also be various opportunities for field repair.

+1
-Confucius

Re: Loot disappearing due to explosion damage

target hitzones are on the todo-wishlist of DEV Alf since beta wink

i am to lazy to dig up the beta forum topic where he mentioned that.

though, the change was probably not about realism, but simply making beta npc farming less easy-mode.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

target hitzones are on the todo-wishlist of DEV Alf since beta wink

i am to lazy to dig up the beta forum topic where he mentioned that.

though, the change was probably not about realism, but simply making beta npc farming less easy-mode.

"less easy-mode" is a complete fabrication of what it is. In reality it is making beta farming MORE difficult than alpha farming, which makes zero sense.

What do you mean by target hitzones?  How would it work?

+1
-Confucius