Topic: Steam Summer Sale

Just looked at it, there's about 15 games on my wish list that are 50% off right now.

Perpetuum is up for 15% off.

Guess this is goodbye for the time being, that many games on sale, I'm bound to get at least a few.

Re: Steam Summer Sale

15% for an early access game is terrible. Double it and your doing ok.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I disagree.

They don't have a decent cash shop up yet with lots of deco stuff to entice players to drop a few bucks in game.

Going on massive sale right now might not get them the attention they want, since every game and their mother is going to be on sale the rest of the month.

The game isn't even out of EA, is still lacking gamma, and needs a major mission overhaul (not just recent *** but in general)

15% was because valve said : you game is on sale choose how much.

Once this game gets out of EA it will get a front page pop of people.  After that is exhausted then is the time to start doing sales. Using sales you can stay on the front page after the new release wears off.

Hopefully by then there will be at least a reason to spend in game which will mitigate the sale discount.

You guys might want a sale for personal reasons, but perpetuum fire sale is a long way off.  They shouldn't play every card they have at once.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Tis the Season for a Sale!

All is right in Perpetuum

should be like 40% off..

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

6 (edited by Tonnik 2014-06-20 12:56:23)

From the steam page:

What the developers have to say:
“Although Perpetuum has been around for a few years already, we have chosen to go Early Access because launching on Steam is a huge step for our little community. We'll use Early Access as a transitional period while we make sure that our servers can handle the increased load and thus during this time players might experience lag and disconnects.

We never really had such exposure thus far and honestly don't know how our servers will take the (hopefully) large number of new players. Depending on how the stabilizing process goes, Early Access should not take more than a month, and the price of the game will remain the same for the final release.”

That was two months ago. Currently double the time they said it would be early access.

Tonnik wrote:

From the steam page:

“Although Perpetuum has been around for a few years already, we have chosen to go Early Access because launching on Steam is a huge step for our little community. We'll use Early Access as a transitional period while we make sure that our servers can handle the increased load and thus during this time players might experience lag and disconnects.

We never really had such exposure thus far and honestly don't know how our servers will take the (hopefully) large number of new players. Depending on how the stabilizing process goes, Early Access should not take more than a month, and the price of the game will remain the same for the final release.”

That was two months ago. Currently double the time they said it would be early access.

This shocks you?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Tonnik wrote:

From the steam page:

They took time to put in some QoL features and had to fix some lag issues. So I think it is a good thing they are still in EA on steam.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

From the steam page:

They took time to put in some QoL features and had to fix some lag issues. So I think it is a good thing they are still in EA on steam.

Until a working Gamma/Beta balance is in play I think it should be EA.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

why release the game when you can continue to milk it without ever really having to say it is finished.

MWO has been doing it for how long now - I dont get why they havent added $500 gold mechs here in perp.

Curblugeon wrote:

why release the game when you can continue to milk it without ever really having to say it is finished.

MWO has been doing it for how long now - I dont get why they havent added $500 gold mechs here in perp.

Please do not compare that desecrated corpse resurrected to grab cash to an honest effort like Perp.  IGP/PGI have been nothing but con men since closed beta.

As for STEAM, I've bought something every day since it started... 6 more to go.  My back log is getting crowded wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!