Re: Get rid of roaming caravan spawns

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, stupid question: did you think about shooting the small ones first?

Try tanking 4 5th Star Mesmers (who have ECM and Suppressors) with 1 Mesmer.  HELL.  A Mesmer Mk2.  Try it, see what happens.

what would you do in pvp? fit ECCM and field a vagabond, wouldn't you?

To fight observers that's what I used to do, had a Mesmer w/ follow vagabond and Remote Repair bot.  Follow Bot change for PVP stopped that after I lost all three, when one got stuck in a plant and died to explosion.

I now, ERP up a Mesmer and vagabond and rely on explosion damage while kiting.  Because trying to tank one for long durations will kill me.  In essence you can still kill the kain and try to dps Race the observer Mesmer down.  But the Mesmer hits like a *** mac truck while having 75% success on ECMs.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

27 (edited by Khader Khan 2014-06-19 19:02:43)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Stupid answer YES AND I DIED due to not shooting the dps dealing bots

Just another thing to not do in beta......A place where we were supposed to have an appeal or lure to be balanced. RISK VS REWARD. Stop band-aiding problems and breaking 4 other mechanics

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

28 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-19 19:02:21)

for real did you just say that?

dont get me started about people "paying attention" mr we didnt know because nobody told us

DEV Zoom wrote:

I would believe you if I wouldn't have tried it myself. Yeah, you have to pay a bit more attention when selecting your targets. Game-breaking stuff really.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

http://www.GodHatesBeacons.com

30 (edited by Jasdemi 2014-06-19 21:30:06)

Sad to see legit PVE being punished by half-assedly trying to fix broken beacon mechanics.

They do have a point, the income disparity between ratters and miners was already out of whack, this only makes it even more distorted.

I can make ~32,5M/Hour farming L4 HMechs at the ball & chain on Alpha, or I can make 225M/Hour mining Epriton on Beta.

However, there's no way in hell to farm a mob-spawn on Beta to make those 32,5M/Hour, nevermind anything remotely approaching the 225M/Hour that I could be making by simply mining Epriton.

You really should look balancing the income for combat pilots. Not everyone who comes into the game will want to be a miner or give you another 30$ for a mining account.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

Try tanking 4 5th Star Mesmers (who have ECM and Suppressors) with 1 Mesmer.  HELL.  A Mesmer Mk2.  Try it, see what happens.

what would you do in pvp? fit ECCM and field a vagabond, wouldn't you?

To fight observers that's what I used to do, had a Mesmer w/ follow vagabond and Remote Repair bot.  Follow Bot change for PVP stopped that after I lost all three, when one got stuck in a plant and died to explosion.

I now, ERP up a Mesmer and vagabond and rely on explosion damage while kiting.  Because trying to tank one for long durations will kill me.  In essence you can still kill the kain and try to dps Race the observer Mesmer down.  But the Mesmer hits like a *** mac truck while having 75% success on ECMs.

Ville its ok soon we will all have dev bots and play ERP dev bot rock-em-sock-em with max ep.
I've not been this dissatisfied with a patch since the original wall nerf.

Did he relly nerf Beta and say lern 2 play!  by making beta farming 5x morre difficult and less rewarding than alpha?

This game going down hill again...  starting to losse hope for u dev`s

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Did he relly nerf Beta and say lern 2 play!  by making beta farming 5x morre difficult and less rewarding than alpha?

This game going down hill again...  starting to losse hope for u dev`s

Yeah Esta looks like were really gonna do Wormhole op mk2 in EVE sooner than expected no point in holding a beta any more no reward over Alpha cept epi.

Lets go Blap sleepers in our dreads like real men.

35 (edited by Twiz 2014-06-19 19:48:19)

lmao at this game.  This game is more and more just alpha pve game.  Absolutely no reason at all to do anything on beta except for mining epriton.  Thanks Devs, this game just got another nail in the coffin.   At least there are a lot more entertaining games out there. Knee jerking patches, how sad.

At least there is plenty of games on steam's summer sale.

I just had about enough of this stupid changes, and slow progress and no content for the vets. Where is gamma? Where is new mission revamp?.

No motivation to play at all.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

lol

Yeah kill all the harmless bots while the mechs and heavies pummel you.

Quack Quack.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I would believe you if I wouldn't have tried it myself. Yeah, you have to pay a bit more attention when selecting your targets. Game-breaking stuff really.

You have literally made it more difficult to farm these caravans on beta than alpha. And now you are literally telling us it is no big deal. Are you for real?

DEV Zoom wrote:

If playing the game without easy mode is wasting your time, then I don't have anything to say really.

Zoom I think you need a break man. You aren't seeing the big picture here and are instead just *** talking the people giving you valid feedback.

Tund Bungler wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

If playing the game without easy mode is wasting your time, then I don't have anything to say really.

Zoom I think you need a break man. You aren't seeing the big picture here and are instead just *** talking the people giving you valid feedback.

Yeah, have a Coke and a smile and...

Hope your happy zoom your putting more bandaids on a gushing artery it will bleed out soon. Can't wait to say I told you!

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

did someone say artillery?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

artificial circumstances

DEV Zoom wrote:

A sandbox is actually about adapting to circumstances.

44 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-06-19 22:19:17)

So you break the game with exploits, then get mad when the devs have to do SOMETHING to fix it because you're abusing it.

Seems legit. Cry some more.

Smokeyii wrote:

So you break the game with exploits, then get mad when the devs have to do SOMETHING to fix it because you're abusing it.

It wasnt an exploit roll, even the devs said so. Their knee jerk patch is a bad fix. Makes it too much a hassle to do any pve on beta.

DEV Zoom wrote:

They are not exploits

Twiz wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

It wasnt an exploit roll, even the devs said so. Their knee jerk patch is a bad fix. Makes it too much a hassle to do any pve on beta.

DEV Zoom wrote:

They are not exploits

Well there's a theme here isn't there. Nobody was very happy with all yellow spawns on alpha change either.

Here's an idea:

STOP ABUSING MECHANICS AND TRYING TO BREAK THE GAME ***

try that.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Twiz wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

DEV Zoom wrote:

They are not exploits

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be a potatoe. Your logic is unflappable.

Smokeyii wrote:
Twiz wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

DEV Zoom wrote:

They are not exploits

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be a potatoe. Your logic is unflappable.

how is dropping plasma bombs on beacon waves an exploit?  Seriously?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

49 (edited by Syndic 2014-06-20 09:51:24)

Roaming caravans and observers no longer add any meaningful content to the game on Beta and should be removed or completely reworked.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Jita wrote:

Well there's a theme here isn't there. Nobody was very happy with all yellow spawns on alpha change either.

Here's an idea:

STOP THINKING OF COOL AND INVENTIVE WAYS TO USE BETA ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I'M NO LONGER IN YOUR ALLIANCE ***

try that.

Clarified in yellow big_smile

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC